Contemporary Guidance Services Employee Reviews

search elsewhere for your sake
DAY HAB SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New York nyOctober 26, 2014
The agency is very unorganized and unprofessional. Management doesn't value their employees as well as the individuals. Basically the individuals are a business for them to keep the agency up and running. The individuals do the same work everyday and if there is no site the individuals are stuck in the library. They want you to do 3 and 4 jobs with no sort of compensation. Look elsewhere because for one its highly unprofessional and two there is no room for advancement. After case manager you're pretty much stuck in that position.
Pros
great coworkers and the individuals are awesome
Cons
No money and no room for growth. UNPROFESSIONAL
Not Worth it
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  new yorkNovember 2, 2014
Management does not care about the workers, the individuals are just $ to management. Coworkers are great, there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Great individuals, great coworkers
Cons
No money, no room for advancement
Former Employee
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
Was a waste of time. This organization has no money and poor management. You're expected to work at least four jobs and they thrive on unpaid interns because there is no money to pay employees . Basically everyone is underpaid.
Bring back the old CEO who really knew how to run the operation. Co-workers were great, but caught up in this unrealistic work environment. My advice to prospective candidates, "keep searching".
Pros
Dedicated co-workers
Cons
No money
Advanced from assistant to residential director
Director of Residences (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2012
I Supervised residential treatment staff for developmentally disabled adults in residential settings. I ensured that the program complied with its regulatory body (NYSOMRDD). I helped develop treatment plans for special needs individuals. I also assisted in the opening of a new residential program.
Pros
a great learning experience.
Cons
an unstable board of directors and senior management
CGS clean and multi-cultural
Vocational Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2012
CGS was an great experience and a nice place to work and learning new things about vocational education.
Management was professional.
My co-worker were easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was the weekly dead lines.
The most enjoyable was working with the student and teaching them things that will help them become employed.
Productive and fun environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
I loved working with my colleagues and enjoyed my job very much. It was a very friendly place to work where everyone worked together.
Pros
Learning new skills.
Cons
Didn't work with my school schedule.
Erractic Company, But Pleasant Staff and Consumers
Vocational/Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2012
A typical day at work for me would consist of starting a 2-3 hour morning pick up(as Matron)of 12-13 consumers on an insufficiently sized school bus at 7AM. Arrive to our daily site at the library. Interact with the group by helping them complete activities that are associated to their valued outcomes and completing daily case notes, bus log/attendance, absentee and consumer assignment sheets, while waiting for my assisting co-worker to arrive at her scheduled time at 10AM. Approximately around 12PM we escort our group to lunch for an hour and a half. Later proceed back to the library for the remainder of the day, until our school bus returns for the end of the day drop off.

Being a dedicated employee for the past four years with CGS, has taught me to withstand a variety of challeges that is associated with the mental health field. These hurdles have given me the opportunity to acknowledge, expand and elevate crucial skills necessary for this occupation. Crucial skills such as understanding, patience, discipline, optimisim, support and leadership. CGS advanced my skills and experience. For that I am grateful and would love to contribute my support and genuine passion with a positive, life changing organization.

The management in which Contemporary Guidance Services was directed was unorganized, erratic and unstable. However, my strong and humble co-workers as well as my students have become my second family and I will continue to share a life long friendship with them.

The hardest part of the job was based solely on the lack of interest, organization and support of the company.
  more... As a result of the company's behavior, the consumers and employees suffered heavily.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning our consumers personalities and interests. It is a very joyful and pleasant experience interacting with them. I adore and lavish them as if they were my own.
Pros
the fun loving consumers, field staff and accommodating work schedule
Cons
erratic, irresponsible, unsupportive and uncharitable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Contemporary Guidance Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9