Contemporary Services Corporation

Contemporary Services Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun and productive place to work.
Event Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Fun environment and lots of opportunity to advance.
Cons: Not enough hours available to work during periods of the year.
I like this position because it gives many opportunities to meet many
interesting people and to attend various sporting and entertainment
events.
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), TorranceJuly 1, 2015
Its a great place to work at if you need extra hours
Job is not to hard . Branch manager is a great guy
CSC is a great security company with a very fun working environment
Great management, hard but rewarding work.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TxJune 27, 2015
Working in the office can be hard, with long hours and constant deadlines. If you can survive long enough to maintain, it becomes a welcoming family.
Exciting and fun workplace
Crowd Control (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2015
MY typical work day with Contemporary Services Corporation varies on the event that I am working. My main event is the Philadelphia Eagles At the Philadelphia Eagles games my day consist of working the main entrance to the stadium doing wanding and bag checks making sure that anything not allowed to come through stays out of the stadium. I have about an average of 1,00 guests that come through my line a game. Soon after kick off I will get redeployed in the inner bowl to my section where I am in charge of watching two half of sections (132/133). I must scan the crowd and watch over all guests in my view. I must detect a problem and solve it before it happens. My job is to make sure that all fans under my watch at anytime are safe and enjoying their time. I also must have knowledge of the stadium to give correct information and to help guide any guests and to solve any problems they may encounter me with.
Basic security work for large venues
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, flexible hours
Cons: No benefits, and they deduct from your pay for items like flashlights
Crowd control for large venues such as The Rose Bowl, or The Home Depot Center. Organizing large crowds to prevent safety hazards. Reporting any suspicious activities to proper authorities.
Organized workplace
Event Security (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2015
The supervisor would place you at various locations around the stadium/venue and give you the responsibilities of that position. Different responsibilities included taking parking fees, checking for wristbands, and guiding exiting/entering customers.
Very Productive and fun place to work
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2015
This is a very fun place to work especially if you enjoy interacting with people from different places, the management team is awesome in that they don't mind getting down in the trenches and working with the employees.
productive work place with fun events
Event Staff (Former Employee), Sandy city, UtahJune 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: seasonal
It was a great company to work for even though it was seasonal, had alot of fun. The staff was understanding everyone worked together at each event we all meet in the conference room to place everyone in their positions and to tell us about the event we would be working. Once we was place with our team leader we went to stadium and started our day, wether is was taking tickets, bag searching, or crowd control or monitoring private suits. The hardest part of each day was usually the heat or cold days
Laid-back job with plenty of opportunities
Event Staff (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great hours, get to see many events
Cons: Many hours spent without doing much
They describe the job itself as a "permanent part-time position", meaning you never work over your 40 hours, but you basically choose your own schedule. It is a great job if you are looking for an extra income on the side.
Guest services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2015
CSC was a great place to work and visit. If was more that work it was like being with family. JUst really a great place to work.
Exciting and fun job.
Security, Event Staff (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJune 8, 2015
this is a great job to have to work events and be part of the team towards keeping the events secured and safe for family and people attending the events safe and sound.
Great
Security (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2015
Great place to work. You meet all kinds of people and attend all kinds of events. Its a great place to start if your looking for your first job.
Camera Crew Security
Camera Crew (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2015
I would assist the camera crew during Houston Texans home games. I would make sure that they had a good shot of the view they were trying to get.
Enjoy a concert and get paid
Security Officer/Customer Service (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Work out in elements
This is a low end security intensive position for someone who is just trying to make a few extra bucks. One of the advantages is that you can set your own hours and work when you want.
Standing Job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 26, 2015
If you are not able to stand on your feet for a long period of time this job would not be for you. Must be able to communicate with all types of guest.
Great company to work for with various events to work
Event Staff/ Security (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: Travel benefits, events, etc.
Cons: Not enough income, not enough jobs consistently, etc.
A typical day at work consists of doing security work such as checking bags, wanding, doing pat-downs (*if needed), crowd control and holding down the area(s) assigned to us. Management is easy to work with; as long as you are doing your job you never have to worry about losing your job or having any difficulties. The hardest part of the job is at the end of the day when you have a venue full of people who just enjoyed their night at an event and it's time to tell them they have to leave, and clearing them out. I enjoyed all the places I get to go and the various places I've been put at those places throughout my time working with CSC.
Job Security
Event Staff (Permanent/At-Will/Part-Time) (Current Employee), Torrance, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free snacks and a great view of the show at the venue
Cons: Undetermined breaks & chaos
A typical day at work would be: show up, breifing, stations, supervision, cleanup & debreifing. I learned flexibility. Honestly with chaotic situations, sometimes chaos will ensue. The most enjoyable part of my job was the atmosphere no matter where i was; it was highly enjoyable.
A Good Company
Security Event Attendant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Gives classes to further skills
Cons: I have none
The company is considerate to it's employees. Offers classes to advance skills. Can work when I want to. Variety of places to work. Provides team building.
A nice job where you can meet a lot of nice people but wear comfortable shoes
security (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVApril 24, 2015
A typical day working for CSC would consist of arriving to the work site about three hours before the event starts. Then about two hours before the event starts is when we began to set up everything and go to our work sites. Next the fun begins, the people start to arrive and i get into friendly neighbor mode. The hardest part of the job is the long hours that you are on your feet but as long as you wear comfortable shoes you should be fine. The best part of the job is the new people you get to meet and interact with.
Enjoyable and productive workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: different venues
Cons: hours
A day at CSC is always different because you are not always at the same venue. So post orders are going to change and sometimes they change more then once according to what the customer who contracted the company wants. You are on your feet all day unless you are at a post where you are required to be seated. Co-workers are great and friendly . The hardest part of my job is being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is sometimes I am posted inside a venue where a concert is going on so I get to hear the music or I am posted back stage and might see the performers.

1 2 3 4 5

$10.50 per hour

Contemporary Services Corporation Photos

On Duty 2013
Courtesy is our motto.
Integrity and honesty are our golden rules.
CSC is the leader in crowd management and event security.