Contemporary Services Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Csc
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day is always different depending on what event we were doing. I learned to watch for different kinds of possible outcomes that could be aggressive or not in people. The management was always respectful and right on point if needed help. I didn't really now my co-workers but it was always fun working with them. The hardest part of the job (I really didn't have one). The most enjoyable part of the job was working the different events
Pros
Working different events
Cons
Dont' have one
They will categorize you as I was.. (TROUBLEMAKER)
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 10, 2016
I loved it there until , they told me I couldn't come back even when I gave proof of all my no-shows and restricted me from scheduling on my own. I have no security license but they still have others working with no license.. which they told me that is another reason why I couldn't come back until I've obtained one. They also put me down as I quit soo I can no longer even re-apply to the job.
Pros
LONG HOURS
Cons
Barely get a break-time, not enough workers
Lots of things to do
Security (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 25, 2016
I would be at a post where there can be hundreds of people coming in and out to the venue. I learned to be more observant of my surroundings and be more cautious. Management was pretty much a nuch of supervisors assigning different security to different parts of the venue and only report to one individual for anything. Co-workers, it would depend because there's a lot of people working for the company, but it was a good environment. Hardest part was when we had to do bag checks and all the people lined up to come in, they would get impatient or brought stuff that weren't allowed. Enjoyable part was being able to see different type of shows, but at the same time being able to be backstage at a concert or show. Nonetheless we had to be professional no matter at what cause.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Weather
Unorganized corporation
Professionally escort (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work was hectic. I learned how not to run a company. Management was very unorganized. Co-workers did not work together. The hardest part of the job was when you have an event and the supervisor does not have a clue what to do. The most enjoyable part about the job was traveling to different states and arenas to work events.
Pros
Travel and getting fed at most of the events
Cons
unorganized
CSC Needs To Do Better
Event Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2016
Let's start with the guard staff. CSC will literally hire anybody. I've worked with guards with very negative attitudes. I've seen co-workers sleep on post. During briefings, some guards are running their mouths when they should be listening.
I can't understand why a big corporation like CSC doesn't offer direct deposit to their part time employees. It can be inconvenient to go to the office to pick up a check. And a mailed check can get lost.
At CSC, you're just a warm body to fill a spot to fill a contract for corporate.
Pros
Interesting events.
Cons
Guards with bad attitudes, supervisors on power trips, management that could care less about the actions of their guards.
Fun workplace, fast paced, demanding
Event Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2015
Stood for hours on end throughout the day, 15 minute breaks maybe 20 for lunch, 2 two breaks minimum. depending on shift length.

Learn the basics of crowd control, items prohibited in most terror prone places, how to subdue an angry/aggravated patron without using brute force, how to ignore smart remarks from patrons, how to wand and check bags, and finally the procedures for terroristic attacks amongst the spectators and venue.

Management was nice, and understanding. Friendly and fair.

Co-workers were pretty nice, great atmosphere and work environment.

Standing up to 10 or more hours with little breaks, and withstanding the cold and hot temperatures.

Seeing the city of Philadelphia come together to support the Eagles. And to watch the smile of youngsters at their first game.
Pros
get to watch the game sometimes
Cons
very short breaks, and cold temperatures
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 29, 2016
Very productive, management and co workers are very helpful. hardest part about the job are the customers, you never really know what to expect. For an example if a customer is drunk and belligerent you must conduct yourself in a correct manner to make sure that everyone else is safe.
Not worth the time
Security Guard/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
Never really enjoyed working for this company. Promises and expectations were never met and management could care less about its employees. The pay was also extremely horrible for the amount of work that most employees performed.
Cons
Bad management
Fun work place environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 10, 2015
Fun work place with a fast movement, a lot of people coming from all around the world. I have learned to gain way more patience, self-control, and to always have a positive mind. I have a very supportive management, at the end of the day they always tell us "great job" and or things they really liked that we did or handled that day. Of of my co-workers work as a team , help motivate each , and to try new things together. The worst part of the da is dealing with intoxicated people. Most enjoyable part is just having fun on a regular doing my job.
Pros
Great feedback after every game
Cons
Decent break
Sales/Customer Service/Event Coordinator, Event Coordinator
Sales /Customer Service/Event Coordinator/Security (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaJanuary 27, 2016
Arrange and set up complete operations
s for large events. Award shows, concerts, sporting events, In contact with operations for large events,. Award Show, concerts, sporting events, large businesses, In contact with CEO'S, cedebrities, professional sports figures. Learned to have patience, That it truly is a team effort, an the importance of realizing that everyone is different and you must deal with everyone that way. Coordinating all the many parts of a large event takes much planning. The most enjoyable part of everything is to see it come to fruision
Pros
when everyone is on time and completes their job to the best of their ability
Cons
Nothing goes right and you still must perservere
Fun work place
Event staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2016
Enjoyable work environment where you can interact and meet with an diverse group of people. Management is the greatest even under sold out events.
Fun place to work
Unarmed Guard/Event Security (Former Employee) –  601 East Washington StreetAugust 18, 2015
Long hours and terrible management. However, working at the Phoenix convention center made the job fun. You have to call into the office and plan a schedule for the week, if there are any shifts available. they have at least a hundred employees but only have enough shifts available for about 5 people to make 40 hours a week.
Pros
Fun people, fun environment
Cons
Hours are not constant and the pay is low.
Simple job
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 15, 2016
This job is simple to do and a day at work was not the same as another day. I learned crowd control skills during University of Texas at El Paso events. The management was there for the employees for any situation. The co-workers were friendly and most of them were ready to work. The hardest part of the job was scheduling to work an event, and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to attend events.
Great company to work for with various events to work
Event Staff/ Security (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work consists of doing security work such as checking bags, wanding, doing pat-downs (*if needed), crowd control and holding down the area(s) assigned to us. Management is easy to work with; as long as you are doing your job you never have to worry about losing your job or having any difficulties. The hardest part of the job is at the end of the day when you have a venue full of people who just enjoyed their night at an event and it's time to tell them they have to leave, and clearing them out. I enjoyed all the places I get to go and the various places I've been put at those places throughout my time working with CSC.
Pros
Travel benefits, events, etc.
Cons
Not enough income, not enough jobs consistently, etc.
great company if your looking for a little extra money on the side. Management super friendly and supportive.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 11, 2015
Supervisors and staff friendly and supportive, when you show up for work, you check in and get a briefing on what to expect and what to do. When your position is assigned supervisor is constantly checking on you and you get a lot of help.
Pros
flexible schedule, when you need it.
Cons
no benefits
Productive and fun atmosphere
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 8, 2015
Working for this company gives you the opportunity to interacted with different cultures and a wide variety of different locations. If you like to travel, then this is the job for you.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
not enough hours, only work certain days
Enjoyable and fresh enviroment
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 24, 2015
A typical day was debriefing before each event. I had the pleasure of meeting new people and traveling to different cities. Each event was a different experience for instance being security at a health fair or football games and basketball games. I learned how deliver customer service and learned how to be team player. I also had the pleasure of working with different supervisors. I learned how to be direct but assertive. I enjoyed working with different people from different cities. The hardest part of my job was gaining more hours to work and balancing school. The most enjoyable part about my job was working the different events especially the games.
Pros
Traveling and breaks
Cons
Gaining more hours
Contract work
Contract work at Wells Fargo Bank (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 7, 2016
For a number of months, I worked as a contractor for various positions with Wells Fargo Bank. There was minimal supervision as I worked at various locations but the experience was always positive.
Pros
Friendly environment with established procedures
Cons
Some positions required longer travel times
Horrible company!!!!!!!
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I nearly lost my life in a car accident in 2010 due to me needing a job and being threatened with termination when I couldn’t physically drive the 60 miles to the location they were posted on due to heavy ice on the roads! At the accident scene I called the branch manager and told him what happened, I was terminated for no call/no show. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!
Pros
various locations
Cons
they will try to kill you, substandard pay
very active and handson work place
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2016
There is never a dull moment when working with CSC. Every time I go to work for them, I am on my feet for long periods of time with or with a breaks in between, in any weather conditions.
Pros
active, make your own schedule
Cons
working in any weather conditions, little pay