Contemporary Services Corporation

Contemporary Services Corporation Employer Reviews

Productive and fast paced work environment with ample advancement opportunity
Event Staff (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free access to whatever event is it that you are working
Cons: short breaks, prolonged standing
Contemporary Services Corporation is the ideal part time job for someone who wants to have a good time whenever they clock in for work.
At a Buffalo Bills Game or some local show
Security Guard /Crowd Control (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: watching game and meeting new people.
Cons: weather and inconsiderate patrons.
Wand, Pat Down, and Search patrons to insure that they are not entering with prohibited items.
Walk or stand in a section where you are watching patrons to insure they are not breaking rules and regulation, while getting to see the bills play.
Management is very friendly and helpful for all aspects of the stadium.
Co- Workers are like Co- Workers, you have some that are friendly and some that are to serious.
In the elements most of the day.
Watching Game and meeting new people.
Great for milk money, not great as a career
Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: atmosphere is fantastic
Cons: pay is small, hours are tough to get and work
It's a simple job that has big consequences if something goes wrong, but not much compensation. You make your own schedule (as in, you can request certain events and not request others). The management seems to be all about favoritism. If you aren't old friends with or dating someone who is higher up, you may not get called for the "good jobs". Good as a side job, but you can't rely on this to pay anything but the cell phone bill, because it might be ok if that doesn't get paid one month.
I did love this company.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Great accounts, lots of fun, paid travel expenses. This company was one of the best for events, different places and activities.
Good company to work for
Security Specialist (Former Employee), SF Bay AreaJanuary 30, 2015
This is a great company to work for if you are interested in beginning a career in the security industry. They offer flexible work schedules.
Nice summer job but no advancement available
SECURITY GUARD AND EVENT STAFF SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Butter management would be recommended. To get more known as a good company by people who has worked for them. Other then that if you like concerts and sports it is a good company.
Fun company to work for with flexible scheduling.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work concerts, festivals, collegiate and professional sporting events.
Cons: long waiting for scheduling.
It is a fun company to work for with a call-in scheduling. Management and Supervisors are very helpful with getting Guard Card certified. Events and Scheduling vary, so its a great 2nd job, to fill in hours on off days or to work around a school schedule.
trainning to be a mentor for kids
Licensed Event Staff (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2015
as a C.I.T i have always saw the good in everything at jameson camp
Productive and safe work environment
Security Guard (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: perdium money when traveling and living is paid for plus food is provided
Cons: long bus traveling, some supervisors should not be in the position they are in just because of favortism
Start off with a work briefing on what our team assignment will be for the day. Get with my supervisor and ask about my post and what needs to be done with searches. I learned how to conduct proper searches on people to provide safety for my co-workers and customers attending events. Also how to properly apprehend an individual if physical force is needed. My co-workers also help with day to day routines for the safety of our jobs. They also help apprehend an individual when needed to provide more safety of co-workers. The hardest part of the job is safety which is key for all persons at work or attending events. This is what we train for and practice to keep our surroundings secure. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the customers and providing customer service to make sure everyone is happy and enjoying themselves.
Great for meeting and interacting with new people
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, free shows
Cons: no job security. low pay
The work day is unpredictable on a day to day basis. The hardest part of job can sometimes be standing long periods of time in extreme weather.
Great Job
Security (Current Employee), Middletown, CTJanuary 21, 2015
I love working here. A typical day at work is searching people or bags, scanning tickets, engaging with the customers making them happy, and sometimes enjoying the show or what ever event is going on. I'm always learning new things at work such as searching people and finding contraband. My co-worker are always great and we make the work day fun. The hardest part of the job is when the rules change of what patrons and and can't bring in , the reason for this is because sometimes we are told one thing but then the rules get changed and we have to force those rules, and it makes the patrons angry but they get over it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the things we get to see such as the drunks at concerts, celebrities, and when searching patrons finding there contraband and throwing it away.
Productive skills
Service Rep (Former Employee), Orange, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: working while with people.
Cons: good work areas.
I learned better people skills by talking to all customers entering and leaving my area of work.
Fun environment
Event Staff (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2015
If you love sports and entertainment events, this is the job for you.
Productive and Fun Enviroment to work unfortunately doing "Security"..
Event Staff Special Response Team (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free events, security experience, celebrity appearances...
Cons: no lunches, no 401k, no management advancement, no pay raise
A typical day at work for me starts with arriving on work on time, patiently waiting to be assign to an area of need. What I learned most about my job is the detailed security guide lines. Management in CSC is very professional business like. My co-workers take pride in their uniform appearances, and treating the guest with extreme courtesy. The hardest part of the job is standing for hours and maintaining a professional appearance. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting professional athletes.
CSC
Event Security (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: going to great events
Cons: pay rate
This was just a job for extra cash while I was in school. You got to make your own schedule which was good since I was constantly busy with school.
Don't let them fool you
Event staff worker (Former Employee), Philly PaDecember 30, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: very low pay
Terrible company to work for. No commuication between employees and supervisors. When trying to call in for jobs. Good luck. They tell you call after 10 am I spent hrs trying to get through and wasn't able to only to find out that all the jobs were filled. The phone just rang and rang. Must have one line with one person working it . They tell you to go buy nice black pants w no cargo pockets. Which mind you at a recent ever there were Supv with black jeans and others wearing khaki color pant w cargo pockets. As well as other employees ( female ) wearing black cargo pants. Do as I say not as I do. Seems to be the rules . Oh FYI there is no transportation provide to long distance events. As some places are over an hr for me to get to I was told that you meet up in Philly and travel to other locations. Philly it self is 40 mins. The the other places are over and hr from there. For the amount of 8.50 per hr and a cost of a 5.00 toll and gas. Your making nothing maybe they should relook on there wage. As some places mim wage is 7.00 like del. and 8.25 in nj. No wonder why they can't hold on to people because the pay is terrible. Again you have been warn DONT WORK FOR THiS COMPANY !!!!!!!!
The Eagles Stadium
Event Staff (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, watching the game's live
Cons: short breaks
With this job Contemporary Services Corporation(CSC) I do many different events. Our main events are the eagles games. Typically I come into work and go to briefing, then they will deploy me to a certain supervisor where they then give you a job for the day which can consist of many different duties, such as bag checking, wanting people down, watching over crowds of fans, watching over the field, watching over the eagles cheerleaders or football plays parking lots. The hardest part of my job is dealing with drunken fans, the most enjoyable part is going to games for free.
Challenging but fun work place
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), 2154 west 19th st, torrance CADecember 15, 2014
A typical day at work would be checking tickets or helping customers on where to sit or answering regular questions. What I learned is how to have a positive outlook on things even when they are not good. My co-workers were friendly and nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who didn't want to follow the rules. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to see football games for free.
Not A Good Employer
Event Staff/Security (Former Employee), Landover, MDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: security expereince
Cons: exterme weathers, dealing with fights, part time
CSC is a event security company where you start off making $10 per hour while only working for events, this is a good part time job in the fact that it only something you do once in a while. However, the company is not something you want to do for a life time since you are basically low paid security.
Great Environment exposure
Event Management Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2014
Pros: exposure to memorable events
Cons: very low compensation
Ensuring the safety and enjoyment of the patrons/customers that utilize facility.

1 2 3 4 5