Reference Job# Condev0011
An event ticket on the secondary market is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it RIGHT NOW.
Prices trend all over the map during a ticket’s lifespan, forcing buyers to pay too much or skip the event entirely, and sellers to misprice their inventory or take a total loss at show time.
Recognizing this, the founders of Contender.com created an efficient peer-to-peer negotiation marketplace to disrupt the price speculation, instead offering users a real time, equal opportunity for both buyers and sellers, to exchange tickets for their true market value.
Come join our team if you’re an innovative, sharp and extremely detail oriented freelance-to-hire developer that can quarterback our process, and add to the fun & creative mix. Your ability to communicate clearly and bring a strong energy and work ethic to the team will be your largest asset to a team of like-minded professionals that breathe music, sports and events.
Knowledge and implementation of current and future web trends are imperative, so bring your “A” game and show us what excites you.
We’re located headquartered in Universal City, with offices in Downtown LA. We’re accessible by public transportation and have parking on premises.
Check us out at Contender.com
- Work with Mgmt team to plan, estimate and prioritize ongoing backlog feature sets.
- Develop, and maintain code supporting the platform
- Work with technical Ops & QA resources to troubleshoot application issues.
- Manage code changes, through Dev, QA and Production environments through Git SCM.
- On a continual basis provide progress updates, noting any anomalies which may impact Schedule or LOE.
- 3+ years developing with LAMP (or equivalent) stacks
- Solid experience with CakePHP or other MVC
- Caching module experience APC & Memcached.
- Solid working knowledge of MySQL
- Excellent documentation.
- Working with and integrating Restful services
- SCM experience (GIT & Gitflow)
- Experience with integrating SOLR search services.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Experience working on an SOA environment.
- Experience developing in a multi-tier load balanced architecture.
Other Candidate traits:
- Embracing of a startup culture where change is rapid and constant.
- Excellent communication with a non-technical Mgmt.
- Good LOE skills, and engaged in finding a balance between time & effort.