Continental Automotive Systems

Continental Automotive Systems Employer Reviews

Very diverse
North America Corporate Quality Director (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIDecember 30, 2014
Great product portfolio and great market share. job advancement is very limited. On-going training is very limited
Limited opportunity, stable environment.
Central Functions (Current Employee), Auburn HillsNovember 15, 2014
Pros: low stress
Cons: career limited
Many people are underemployed and stuck in their current positions. Very little movement within the company, easier to find another position outside the company.

Senior management is of varying quality and in many cases do not understand day-to-day (customer directed) responsibilities of their staff. HRD goals seriously need review by HR as they are inconsistent and not SMART.

Recent trend to pull in lower-level candidates to fill positions left by more senior employees. For example, a position vacated by a level 12 manager will be posted as a level 11. I like the Mexican guys I work with, but one reality is that many US positions have been filled by people from Conti's Mexican locations.

Decent work environment, competitive benefits, 4 telecommute days per month, discount on tire purchases.
A company with possibilities of learning and development
Lead Metrology Engineer (Current Employee), Sibiu, SBSeptember 30, 2014
Good professionals in the company. I learned to adapt to new situations and also gained a lot of experience.
Leading people is not easy but is a challenge.
Easy But Boring
Electrical Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 1, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: boring work, bad culture
Worked as intern, but was segmented so much that after a while I felt I was not learning anything, and appeared there was going to be advancement in the future. You are in a cube most of the time and never meet the people that are 5 feet from you...
Good Place to work
Equipment Technician III (Current Employee), Seguin, TXJune 20, 2014
Very steady with good schedule. Many people have worked there over 30 years.
Great place to work and learn
Software Automation Intern (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIApril 9, 2014
Pros: team outings
The Co-workers are really friendly and helped me get adjusted to the environment. They helped me learn new things. The work environment is really motivating.
Great company
Senior Advanced Purchasing (Current Employee), Deer Park, ILApril 7, 2014
Great company and has great benefits. Jobs are demanding as Auto industry have real agressive project timing.
Learning
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Santa Teresa, NMJanuary 26, 2014
Its was a grear opportunity to work here a lot fo learning most of the time getting Experience and develop the knowledge from school
Fast paced, exciting
Procurement & Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Seguin, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Fast paced, exciting, demanding, automotive electronics provider.
Flexible with work/life balance
Advanced Purchasing (Former Employee), Deer Park, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Being a German based company can make "German business" way of thinking mentality somewhat of a challenge here in the states.
Excellant
Key Account Management (Intern) (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 21, 2014
A excellent company to work for, it covers all the organizational aspects pretty well.
normal manufacturing facility
Machine operator/ Repair Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 22, 2013
Set up machines
Load parts
repair defective components
packing
inventory
Productive work environment
Operator (Current Employee), Seguin, TXJune 1, 2013
Pros: good annual leave
Cons: cafeteria is lacking
good team work environment, management attempts to work side by side with workers.
Contractor / Computer Machine Operator
Computer Machine Operator/Production (Former Employee), Elma, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: great place to work and the staff were great
Cons: the plant shutdown and moved operations overseas
Operated o ring machine, a triple phase electrical operating system that puts rubber o rings on remote sensors for cars. I also leak tested them on a computer operated leak tester and did 100% inspection Quality Assurance on all product produced in my department.
Productive Workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Seguin, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: easy job to do
Cons: too much downtime on the job
A typical day at work was putting the connector on the finished circuit boards, scanning the boards to put a new bar-code label on the connector, then sending the board through the solder machine to solder the connector in place. I learned how to work a solder machine. The management was okay and the co-workers were okay too. There really was nothing hard about the job but, the most enjoyable was how easy the job was.
Great place to work!
Local I.T. Technician (Current Employee), Fletcher, NCJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: never ending learning
Cons: not permanent
I joined Continental Automotive in June of 2011 as a contractor through Yoh recruiting. In that time I have learned more than in the last 12 years of working in IT combined. My supervisor and the rest of the Local IT team have been very helpful in advancing my skills. I only wish the position would be made permanent. I will hate to leave here!
very quality oreinted workforce.
System Operator (Former Employee), elma,nyNovember 8, 2012
Pros: always interesting work.
Cons: none i can think of.
always learning new tasks,and systems.learned how to operate verious automated systems.management was very understanding to personnel.co workers were easy to work wiyh ,and very friendly.the hardest part of the job was theirs was never a dull moment.always enjoyed learning new jobs.
Non productive work place with no ping pong table. The company has no respect for employees
Senior Electronics Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 2, 2012
Pros: free cofee
Cons: poor management
• a typical day at work: Testing and paperwork
• what you learned: Professionalism and hard work not appreciated
• management on the section level: Poor, non professional
• your co-workers: different, they should follow the rules defined by supervisor
• the hardest part of the job: I was forced to do a job I was not hired for
• the most enjoyable part of the job: Design and PSpice simulation
Great people to work with.
Professional auto assembly manufacturing operator (Former Employee), Seguin, TXOctober 20, 2012
Pros: three 15 min breaks with a 30 min lunch
Hard work, great people with pretty competitive pay is what you'll find with working at continental automotive systems. Usually you have to go through manpower to get hired which is a lesser company contractor. I would only give a 2 star rating to manpower but after one year you can get converted to full time continental which is where the real pay, benefits and value comes into play.
Continental Automotive Systems
Senior Staff Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 6, 2012
Headquarters based in Germany. Company currently outsourcing to countries outside of US. Companies in US have been closing.