Continental Carbonic Products

Continental Carbonic Products Employee Reviews

Production oriented environment, Safety is second
Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Albion, MI 49224September 20, 2016
Busy environment. I am trying to improve the safety culture but it's difficult due to rapid employee turnover. It is improving but still has a ways to go.
Was expected to know what I was doing without training.
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Greenville ohioAugust 1, 2016
I've only got 1 thing to say. If management reads this. The reason why people keep leaving your company is because your throwing people on things without proper training and PPE equipment. Surprised no one has called Osha.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication, no training, breathing in vapor from dry ice, burns from dry ice, wrong PPE used, put on machine without training, management unwilling to properly train.
Nice starting pay
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albion, MIJuly 10, 2016
Its a very fast paced job.
I've learned a lot about how dry ice is made.
I will keep it Professional about Management.
My employees are the reason why my job is so enjoyable.
Nothing is hard about the job if your willing to work hard at what you want.
Pros
you only work 3 1/2 days a week.
Cons
Lack of communication between days to nights.
Very nice work atmoshere. All of my co-workers were very helpful and professional.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my position was the ability to communicate with professional and understanding business people.
Pros
I was able to take a shorter lunch with multiple breaks.
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Not horrible place to work for, but benefits are expensive
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHMay 17, 2016
A few screw ups when first started, but ok now. Everyone is real nice to work with. Was told I would get a raise but haven't seen it yet. Insurance is very very expensive. Biggest complaint is that they don't pay overtime. How do they get by with that???
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Expensive insurance and no paid overtime
An ok job long hours....
Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIMarch 30, 2016
This job is close to my home,and a lot of people I know from town work here.I would work for this company given the opportunity to come back from the December layoff.
Continental Carbonic Products, Inc.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 14, 2015
There are 40 CCPI locations across the eastern 2/3rds of the state and the Toronto area. The Decatur, IL office is the Corporate Headquarters which employs around 50-ish people, along with a small attached dry ice distribution facility. Work and management styles vary greatly from department to department but a strong safety culture is promoted company-wide. The attire is mostly business-casual, with jeans allowed on Fridays. There is a social committee that is in charge of planning get-together's from time to time and there are plenty of contests to promote safety awareness, team work, creativity, and community involvement/sponsorship.
Pros
Professional but casual environment, friendly co-workers, contests, get-togethers
Cons
Minimal - unorganized training procedures which causes extremely high turnover rates, new hires get thrown in and have to "sink or swim" instead of being set up for success, lack of collaboration and information sharing
Great job with mediocre benefits
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 13, 2015
Safety position allows individual creativity and personality to shape the safety culture. Work closely with the Plant Manager to promote this culture and strive for zero accidents. Corporate does not hesitate to fund safety projects and offers full support. This is a great company with mediocre benefits.
Pros
Safety culture, quality personnel, job security
benefits
productive place. at first
otr truck driver (Former Employee) –  albion miMay 11, 2015
I made great money 1400 a week but my truck broke down every week. They refused to give me a new one miles were goodaveraged 3100 a week not enough hometime. Nice people but they went thru 3 managers while I was there plant isalwaysbehind del to Boston branch every driver destroysthere truck they bought a New place there that is only for for box truck backing. Cameras in truck can't talk on headset. Or go over 65 down a mountain you'll be suspended
Pros
great miles understanding to family
Cons
exspensive healthcare no commu ication. many lies
Live to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  traveling positionMay 6, 2015
Company can be good to work for, as long as you can throw yourself fully into the job. Some locations are great, some are not.
Warning dont come here to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNJanuary 19, 2015
If i could give zero stars i would. They are so disorganized. The managers only think about themselves and not the employees. If you're not paying attention to all the work you have done they will rob you blind. Just do yourself a favor dont come here unless you like working with uppity people.
benefits
Cons
uncareful management
Productive place to work.
sales (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 10, 2014
Good people with a solid management team. American company with potential for advancement.
Loudon TN beware
Driver (Former Employee) –  Loudon TNApril 15, 2014
Not bad if they can keep you busy enough pay is good if you can get the miles if you don't run team then it's the worst job ever.... Medical is good but way to expensive.... Management have no clue one of the worst managers I have ever worked for... Stay away
Pros
Good pay if you get the miles
Cons
Almost everything
not a pleasant place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 9, 2014
i was overworked. i was underpaid. i was treated poorly. i was lied to. i was passed over for advancement.
Good Place to make a lot of money
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Albion, MiApril 2, 2014
Make $75,000 running loads east. New dispatcher came and got loads consistent. Equipment is good Penske does a good job. Do have to do some loading and unloading.
Pros
Money
Cons
7 Day work week
Great Place to Work!
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2014
I enjoy working for Continental. Every day brings new challenges. I enjoy the customers we service, the individuals I work with and management.
Pros
Great work environment!
dont do it!!!
truck driver (Former Employee) –  nationwideMarch 27, 2014
Everything you just read is complete bs. No detention, spotty miles. U will load and unload your trailer for 7.50 flat rate when sometimes it takes 3,4 hours to load and unload. U will scale ur load onsite but if u don't know how to load u could be hours getting your trailer loaded. U load with a forklift which u could be waiting hours for because there is only one for the drivers. Dispatcher will lie in a heartbeat for no reason to save the good loads for his buddies,while,u run a team run only 400 miles. No onsite maintenance which is ridiculous for a so called trucking company. They have loads where u actually have to push 1500lb totes with wheels off the trailer yourself and if u can't ride a forklift u will be very frustrated with this job. Turnover rate is very high once drivers realize all bs u have to put up with. If 5 ppl are,hired,3,to 4 quit before 3 months. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
Pros
non really
Cons
to much to mention
Want to dread going to work everyday, then this is the place for you!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Upper management is disconnected from reality. Especially the top executives. No vacation allowed 6 months out of the year. Rule by fear mentality, that creates horrible morale amongst both managers and hourly staff. As with any company, not everyone in it is of the same mindset, but those leading this company are both out of touch with humanity and reality. If they can snap their fingers, they expect you to make it happen just as fast. Safety culture is a farce they are pushing to cover their butt. They are managers in this world who are successful because they push their people, expect them to be honest about what is holding them up, and then deal with the issues as best they can, unfortunately the top here wants to hear only what they want to hear and have surrounded themselves with the spineless and cowardly who will do just that.
Pros
Pay is competetive
Cons
You will hate your life and the people you work for.
Productive place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2013
The only down side is that there is no room for growth. There in only one branch in the houston area and which leaves very little room for others to grow.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
no room for growth
Very productive. All work and no playing.
B cut (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSJune 14, 2013
My work day begins with a team meeting and stretching exercises. I learned how to be a team worker. The management at the job is fair. My co-workers have the mind set to get the job done. Nothing is really hard just the distance. I live in Monticello and would like to find a job closer. I enjoy being around people doing the best I can on the job.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare could be better. Breaks are sufficient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Carbonic Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8