Continental Carbonic Products

Continental Carbonic Products Employee Reviews

Was expected to know what I was doing without training.
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Greenville ohioAugust 1, 2016
I've only got 1 thing to say. If management reads this. The reason why people keep leaving your company is because your throwing people on things without proper training and PPE equipment. Surprised no one has called Osha.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication, no training, breathing in vapor from dry ice, burns from dry ice, wrong PPE used, put on machine without training, management unwilling to properly train.
Continental Carbonic Products, Inc.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 14, 2015
There are 40 CCPI locations across the eastern 2/3rds of the state and the Toronto area. The Decatur, IL office is the Corporate Headquarters which employs around 50-ish people, along with a small attached dry ice distribution facility. Work and management styles vary greatly from department to department but a strong safety culture is promoted company-wide. The attire is mostly business-casual, with jeans allowed on Fridays. There is a social committee that is in charge of planning get-together's from time to time and there are plenty of contests to promote safety awareness, team work, creativity, and community involvement/sponsorship.
Pros
Professional but casual environment, friendly co-workers, contests, get-togethers
Cons
Minimal - unorganized training procedures which causes extremely high turnover rates, new hires get thrown in and have to "sink or swim" instead of being set up for success, lack of collaboration and information sharing
Nice starting pay
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albion, MIJuly 10, 2016
Its a very fast paced job.
I've learned a lot about how dry ice is made.
I will keep it Professional about Management.
My employees are the reason why my job is so enjoyable.
Nothing is hard about the job if your willing to work hard at what you want.
Pros
you only work 3 1/2 days a week.
Cons
Lack of communication between days to nights.
Great job with mediocre benefits
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 13, 2015
Safety position allows individual creativity and personality to shape the safety culture. Work closely with the Plant Manager to promote this culture and strive for zero accidents. Corporate does not hesitate to fund safety projects and offers full support. This is a great company with mediocre benefits.
Pros
Safety culture, quality personnel, job security
benefits
Not horrible place to work for, but benefits are expensive
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHMay 17, 2016
A few screw ups when first started, but ok now. Everyone is real nice to work with. Was told I would get a raise but haven't seen it yet. Insurance is very very expensive. Biggest complaint is that they don't pay overtime. How do they get by with that???
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Expensive insurance and no paid overtime
Bad management, good co-workers
Cut Block/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 23, 2013
I learned how to use a forklift and a band saw safely. Most of the co-workers are great people. The hardest part of the job was keeping up without hurting yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with your co-workers. Management is really bad at everything. There are about 6 people doing a one person job. Benefits are terrible unless you are making as much as management. Advancement is hard, especially when they are looking for a reason to fire you. It especially doesn't look good when an employer lies to State Unemployment and the local authorities then gets caught. Also, expect to kiss a lot of butt if you are looking to advance. Seniority is said to be policy but in reality is non existent.
Pros
good people to work with most of the time. work keeps you in shape.
Cons
work hard and repetitive, advancement is a joke, machines aren't ran properly and are dangerous
Very nice work atmoshere. All of my co-workers were very helpful and professional.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my position was the ability to communicate with professional and understanding business people.
Pros
I was able to take a shorter lunch with multiple breaks.
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Avoid this company!
general worker (Former Employee) –  VariedNovember 30, 2012
Management can expect to work 10 - 12+ hour days 5-6 days per week and be on-call 24/7, No time off or vacations between May & September months for all employee's except corporate office in Chicago,Company turn-over is at 40%, Any accident or mishap that costs the company revenue - employee's are written up regardless of fault,Customers are taken advantage of through monopoly of competitor buy-outs, Company "OPEN DOOR" policy is used to manipulate employee's, employee's are over-worked and taken advantage of, pay & salaries are well below local/national averages, employee's are bombarded with excessive paperwork on policies and termination guidelines
Pros
some health & 401k benefits are ok.
Cons
see overall review...
An ok job long hours....
Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIMarch 30, 2016
This job is close to my home,and a lot of people I know from town work here.I would work for this company given the opportunity to come back from the December layoff.
Warning dont come here to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNJanuary 19, 2015
If i could give zero stars i would. They are so disorganized. The managers only think about themselves and not the employees. If you're not paying attention to all the work you have done they will rob you blind. Just do yourself a favor dont come here unless you like working with uppity people.
benefits
Cons
uncareful management
Don't Bother
Manufacturing Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIMarch 22, 2013
CCPI can be hazardous to your wellbeing. All managers and maintenance personnel are expected to be on call 24/7/365. Holidays? What are those? Personal time? What's that?
No work-life balance. Completely unqualified managers making very important decisions and if you don't play their game, you'll be lucky if you get 5 minutes notice to grab your gear and get walked out.
Looking to be a corporate lackey, focused on advancing your bosses' careers and becoming a true workplace sociopath? This is the place for you then. Otherwise, don't bother. You'll just get used up like tissue paper by the has-beens who run the company.
Want to dread going to work everyday, then this is the place for you!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Upper management is disconnected from reality. Especially the top executives. No vacation allowed 6 months out of the year. Rule by fear mentality, that creates horrible morale amongst both managers and hourly staff. As with any company, not everyone in it is of the same mindset, but those leading this company are both out of touch with humanity and reality. If they can snap their fingers, they expect you to make it happen just as fast. Safety culture is a farce they are pushing to cover their butt. They are managers in this world who are successful because they push their people, expect them to be honest about what is holding them up, and then deal with the issues as best they can, unfortunately the top here wants to hear only what they want to hear and have surrounded themselves with the spineless and cowardly who will do just that.
Pros
pay is competetive
Cons
you will hate your life and the people you work for.
productive place. at first
otr truck driver (Former Employee) –  albion miMay 11, 2015
I made great money 1400 a week but my truck broke down every week. They refused to give me a new one miles were goodaveraged 3100 a week not enough hometime. Nice people but they went thru 3 managers while I was there plant isalwaysbehind del to Boston branch every driver destroysthere truck they bought a New place there that is only for for box truck backing. Cameras in truck can't talk on headset. Or go over 65 down a mountain you'll be suspended
Pros
great miles understanding to family
Cons
exspensive healthcare no commu ication. many lies
I enjoyed working there for 9 years.
General Manager of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILApril 20, 2012
If you are looking for a stable successful company year after year, Continental is such a company. I respected all of senior management, and admired the owner and CEO's work ethic. The VP of Mfg was a great guy to work for and had my respect. I learned much about thermal dynamics and the complete process. The co-workers were good dependable people you could count on. Depending on your position, you will have significant travel which was not a problem for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with staff and strategic planning.
Pros
fair pay
Interesting and challenging work.
Plant Manager Trainee / Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 3, 2012
A typical day was making certain all machinery was maintained and operating to maximum capacity. I learned much about dry ice machinery during my time here. The management and co-workers were always friendly and willing to cooperate. The most difficult part of the job was getting called out in the middle of the night for maintenance issues. But the most enjoyable part of the job was designing new equipment to make the operation more efficient.
Pros
yearly two day mgmt. gathering
Cons
on call 24/7, could only take vacation from october to february
dont do it!!!
truck driver (Former Employee) –  nationwideMarch 27, 2014
Everything you just read is complete bs. No detention, spotty miles. U will load and unload your trailer for 7.50 flat rate when sometimes it takes 3,4 hours to load and unload. U will scale ur load onsite but if u don't know how to load u could be hours getting your trailer loaded. U load with a forklift which u could be waiting hours for because there is only one for the drivers. Dispatcher will lie in a heartbeat for no reason to save the good loads for his buddies,while,u run a team run only 400 miles. No onsite maintenance which is ridiculous for a so called trucking company. They have loads where u actually have to push 1500lb totes with wheels off the trailer yourself and if u can't ride a forklift u will be very frustrated with this job. Turnover rate is very high once drivers realize all bs u have to put up with. If 5 ppl are,hired,3,to 4 quit before 3 months. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
Pros
non really
Cons
to much to mention
Loudon TN beware
Driver (Former Employee) –  Loudon TNApril 15, 2014
Not bad if they can keep you busy enough pay is good if you can get the miles if you don't run team then it's the worst job ever.... Medical is good but way to expensive.... Management have no clue one of the worst managers I have ever worked for... Stay away
Pros
good pay if you get the miles
Cons
almost everything
Very productive. All work and no playing.
B cut (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSJune 14, 2013
My work day begins with a team meeting and stretching exercises. I learned how to be a team worker. The management at the job is fair. My co-workers have the mind set to get the job done. Nothing is really hard just the distance. I live in Monticello and would like to find a job closer. I enjoy being around people doing the best I can on the job.
Cons
healthcare could be better. breaks are sufficient.
Productive place to work.
sales (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 10, 2014
Good people with a solid management team. American company with potential for advancement.
Fast paced and challenging environment to work in.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 30, 2012
Typical days consists of constantly moving targets and last minute changes. Working there taught me how to breathe through the anger. Great coworkers, but arrogant management that was totally self absorbed. Hardest part of the job was being micromanaged incessantly,. Most enjoyable was when it was time to go home.
Cons
working there!

2.8