Continental Carbonic Products Employee Reviews

No management skills
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSDecember 4, 2017
Could be a good company to work but the terminal manager didn't know anything about dispatching.. it was a buddy system when dispatching, all the favorites got the good loads.. they gave all the 500+ mile loads to sub contractors. Always some form of drama and drivers are having to constantly call corporate..the turn over rate is extremely high..they went through 15 in just 7 months out of the terminal I was in ..and the 70,000+ they claim you'll never see you only run 2,000 miles every other week, otherwise it's 1500
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Lack of management, don't care about drivers, wants you on call 24/7
Very 2 faced place to work for
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 21, 2017
very disappointing place to work wages are not fair, you are not treated equally, and most people there are very 2 faced (manager/supervisor level) would not recommend
I enjoyed the work. Safe driving bonus was cool.
Driver (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 18, 2017
I've worked at the East Hartford CT location for a year now and its pretty decent. Starting pay is great ($19) $19.50 after 90. plus $1 per hour extra if you drive safe. $20.50 total. I received a $1 raise on schedule so I was pretty happy with that too. The new manager is chill as long as you show up and do your job. My only problem is the safety training. it makes you feel like a child because you do the same 10 minute training sessions every month as if you were going to forget them after you finished. Other than that I recommend.... this branch at least.
Pros
Pay, atmosphere
Cons
pure safety program
Team Atmosphere
Inside Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 5, 2017
A lot of data entry, filing, keeping machines available and ready for ship out.
Management very helpful, provided lots of training, co-workers will go above to help as a team.
Place to work
Box Washer (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 22, 2017
Good place to work. Physically demanding position. Overall a decent place to be employed. Don't necessarily agree with a few in house policies. But would recommend the company
Pros
Good balence of work time off
Cons
12hr days
Great
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2017
a great place to work at. Fun fast paced. Never a dull moment. Drivers can keep you on your toes. Warehouse workers do a good job and keep the operation going.
warehouse job where you have to shovel dry ice. Very tedious and hard work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILFebruary 7, 2017
shoveling dry ice into 10 lbs bags in order to fill orders from companies who need large amounts of dry ice. Orders are unique to every company it is important to pay attention and don't fall behind.
Worse place I've ever worked at.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSFebruary 3, 2017
Stay away from this place , Brookhaven location is the worse and unsafe place to work, they want you to come in and wait to get loaded which will take about 5 hours then you may have a 7 hour drive when you leave there and if you going to this company as a solo driver you may sit at home for 2 weeks before a load is avaliable.
Pros
Cons
No good pay, management are horrible, and not enough work for the driver
Seasonal workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  PennsyNovember 22, 2016
Not the best place, but it pays the bills. Company doesn't always sit in your favor. Good summer job. A lot of pressure from managers.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Manager is great, management is all hands on willing to work
Production oriented environment, Safety is second
Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Albion, MI 49224September 20, 2016
Busy environment. I am trying to improve the safety culture but it's difficult due to rapid employee turnover. It is improving but still has a ways to go.
Was expected to know what I was doing without training.
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Greenville ohioAugust 1, 2016
I've only got 1 thing to say. If management reads this. The reason why people keep leaving your company is because your throwing people on things without proper training and PPE equipment. Surprised no one has called Osha.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication, no training, breathing in vapor from dry ice, burns from dry ice, wrong PPE used, put on machine without training, management unwilling to properly train.
Nice starting pay
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albion, MIJuly 10, 2016
Its a very fast paced job.
I've learned a lot about how dry ice is made.
I will keep it Professional about Management.
My employees are the reason why my job is so enjoyable.
Nothing is hard about the job if your willing to work hard at what you want.
Pros
you only work 3 1/2 days a week.
Cons
Lack of communication between days to nights.
Very nice work atmoshere. All of my co-workers were very helpful and professional.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my position was the ability to communicate with professional and understanding business people.
Pros
I was able to take a shorter lunch with multiple breaks.
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Not horrible place to work for, but benefits are expensive
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHMay 17, 2016
A few screw ups when first started, but ok now. Everyone is real nice to work with. Was told I would get a raise but haven't seen it yet. Insurance is very very expensive. Biggest complaint is that they don't pay overtime. How do they get by with that???
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Expensive insurance and no paid overtime
An ok job long hours....
Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIMarch 30, 2016
This job is close to my home,and a lot of people I know from town work here.I would work for this company given the opportunity to come back from the December layoff.
Continental Carbonic Products, Inc.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 14, 2015
There are 40 CCPI locations across the eastern 2/3rds of the state and the Toronto area. The Decatur, IL office is the Corporate Headquarters which employs around 50-ish people, along with a small attached dry ice distribution facility. Work and management styles vary greatly from department to department but a strong safety culture is promoted company-wide. The attire is mostly business-casual, with jeans allowed on Fridays. There is a social committee that is in charge of planning get-together's from time to time and there are plenty of contests to promote safety awareness, team work, creativity, and community involvement/sponsorship.
Pros
Professional but casual environment, friendly co-workers, contests, get-togethers
Cons
Minimal - unorganized training procedures which causes extremely high turnover rates, new hires get thrown in and have to "sink or swim" instead of being set up for success, lack of collaboration and information sharing
Great job with mediocre benefits
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNJune 13, 2015
Safety position allows individual creativity and personality to shape the safety culture. Work closely with the Plant Manager to promote this culture and strive for zero accidents. Corporate does not hesitate to fund safety projects and offers full support. This is a great company with mediocre benefits.
Pros
Safety culture, quality personnel, job security
benefits
productive place. at first
otr truck driver (Former Employee) –  albion miMay 11, 2015
I made great money 1400 a week but my truck broke down every week. They refused to give me a new one miles were goodaveraged 3100 a week not enough hometime. Nice people but they went thru 3 managers while I was there plant isalwaysbehind del to Boston branch every driver destroysthere truck they bought a New place there that is only for for box truck backing. Cameras in truck can't talk on headset. Or go over 65 down a mountain you'll be suspended
Pros
great miles understanding to family
Cons
exspensive healthcare no commu ication. many lies
Live to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  traveling positionMay 6, 2015
Company can be good to work for, as long as you can throw yourself fully into the job. Some locations are great, some are not.
Warning dont come here to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNJanuary 19, 2015
If i could give zero stars i would. They are so disorganized. The managers only think about themselves and not the employees. If you're not paying attention to all the work you have done they will rob you blind. Just do yourself a favor dont come here unless you like working with uppity people.
benefits
Cons
uncareful management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Carbonic Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7