Continental Commercial Products Employee Reviews in United States

It was a good workplace until they relocated and I became jobless.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 31, 2016
I came into work and got my orders for the day and sewed the labels on the orders to be shipped out. I got along with my coworkers and the manager liked that I made sure my work was complete on time.
Pros
Getting my birthday off as a holiday.
Cons
Having to park in a different area than where i worked.
Unorganized Stressful, not worth pay rate
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 29, 2016
I have worked here before and it is very stressful and unorganized. You will be overworked for a pay rate that's not worth it. Alot of your product will be bad and you will be blamed for lots of things that are not your fault. Such as being behind on production because your person that's supposed to assist you is somewhere else at the moment, making you do extra work to be behind on product just to get bitched at. I wouldn't work here.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Days off not worth everything else including pay.
Not as bad as it seemed at times
Master Scheduler & Inventory Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 18, 2016
You show up do your work and work hard and you will get by just fine. I was fortunate to have bosses that encouraged me to think of push the way things had always been done and find new ways to improve the current conditions.
Pros
Advancement came easy for me
Cons
Its a warehouse so it was dirty which is to be expected
Fast Pace Hard work
Machine Operator, Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 16, 2016
Very unclean, unsafe environment to work in. Management more interested in disciplining the employees rather than implementing safety rules. One person is expected to do the work of 2 or 3 people.
Pros
The ability to learn injection molding
Cons
Unsafe work environment, management not applying safety rules
work with people that made the job more easy and enjoyable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 30, 2015
you where giving your job assignment or orders and not having a supervisor on your back about how to do it. everybody knew what to do. the hardest part of the job was when you had to load or unload a over seas container because wooden pallets was not allowed on them. so you had to hand stack cartons on the floor up to the ceiling of the container.
Pros
this job was not for lazy people. you work
Cons
health care could have been better
I worked at Contico for nearly 30 years.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 8, 2015
Most all of my experience came from working at Contico. I met a lot of good people / friends there over the years. It was a great company when the founder was CEO but through the years it has deteriorated, leaving employees feeling less valuable.
Pros
comfortable
Cons
turn over in management
Decent company overall
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 14, 2015
Manage daily request for critical maintenance related items. Contact necessary suppliers to ensure time lines coincide with delivery schedules. Monitor reports to ensure necessary stock items are ordered as needed. Work directly with Accounting on any invoice
related issues. Follow up with receiving clerk to ensure proper receipts are made on all inventory that is delivered and issued.

The most difficult part would be when I don't get the necessary information to procure a particular item needed. The most enjoyable is level of autonomy that I'm given to perform my job with very little
oversight.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Company moving out of town
Manufacturing Company
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 22, 2013
Bid department gives bid pricing to certain customers to stay competitive. These customers are other commercial companies. Once the customer sold the product they purchased from us they could then get credit. The credit was the difference of the cost purchased and the bid pricing. That was only after they sent me proof they sold our products to their customer. My research was to make sure the items were purchased from us and the customer sold our product in the time frame the bid was for, bid pricing and actual cost. Of course pricing issues and discrepancies come up and I have to deal with the sales dept., bid dept., and customer to work it all out. I also helped in collecting money on past due invoices, researched proof of deliveries, participated in yearly inventory, pulled files for state auditors, and anything else I could help with. It was a very detail oriented job. There was no room for error once all paperwork got to me. I enjoyed this job very much. It was very unfortunate I was laid off.
Very bad place to work
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 25, 2013
Very BAD PLACE TO WORK FOR. Stay away, no job security, Very poor management, They go through management people one after another. Ask other employee's opinion's before going their.
Pros
good hours
Cons
they want you to do what they say and not run your department.no security
great job
Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 25, 2013
typical day... Come in, turn on computer, go grab coffee. Come back to desk, sign in, go to bank website and email lock box info to myself. Found customer numbers for each check and post their info on AS400. Wrote discrepancy forms and gave them to the credit dept.
Personable staff
Cost Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 31, 2013
I gained a great deal of knowledge in my years with the company. My co-workers were personable and always willing to assist.
Pros
flexible work hours with the ability to work from home when needed, reasonable benefits packages, business casual dress
Cons
heavy workloads