Continental Express Inc Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2017
This company is a joke. I was hired and then once management found out I had a medical issue that did not prevent me from working or that would affect my job performance, management termed me. Management is very prejudice and always lies to the driver. I know they lie to drivers as I was told by management during the interview process.
Pros
Prejudice
Cons
Prejudice
Good company. You can make a good honest living.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 31, 2017
CE has been a great place for me to work. It is a good paying, stable job. I truly enjoy everyone I work with and I feel that management does care. My job is fast paced and different every day, which I enjoy. There are pros and cons like everywhere, but overall the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Pros
good pay, good peers and management, job security
Cons
can be a tough industry
You where warned!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJune 21, 2017
I've only been to orientation. Took one day to figure it out. Dispatcher will only try to cheat you. I heard conversations out of GAFFNEY terminal and they talk about about drivers and you're only a number. Insurance only free if you are a non smoker which I do not smoke but this info is for all the other drivers applying. I have an accident free mvr and a clean dac until now. Company will hit your dac and throw a bad report. There is no interview, your orientation is your interview slash state date. You will take a drug screen and physical day one. If you leave orientation and tell them you don't think the job is for you, they will tell you that you wont get paid because your first day will cover the cost of drug and physical exam. That's ok but then the next thing I know I get a doctor bill from the place I got examined for 100 dollars. I called and asked if they cover it because that's what they where suppose too and they said no. That there tells you exactly the kind of company they are. Alright why did I leave? Trucks stink to high heaven. Nasty filthy equipment. Also they take up to a 1000 dollars of your pay if you get in a bump up or wreck. We shouldn't be wrecking the trucks right? I'm sorry I've been trucking long enough to know if a limb touches the think or a flying rock hits the truck you're paying he deductible for the truck to get fixed. Ridiculous right? I questioned that too and they said it has to be non preventable for them to pay for the accident and plus if a rock hits your windshield I was told that your following too close. Ok? I guess birds poops on trucks  more... and that your fault too. Not having that. Now the 4 week vacation. Yea you do get 4 weeks of vacation but your entitled of 1400 dollars a year until it gets bumped up. So your first few year your vacation will be 350 dollars a week for each week you take. No you can't combined the weeks into one week to get all the 1400 dollars. I asked.... So if all this is still attractive to you then I say go for it. I may be a closed minded person I don't know but none of this was attractive. Best to luck for all you drivers and be safe!  less
Pros
Cons
Stated in comments
productive
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAMarch 27, 2017
When i first startded with Continental Express i was doing filing for them. I worked my way up to data entry billing and had the opportunity to learned in the dispatching area and do some customer service out in the field. The environment was really fun and motivation. My hardest part of the job was keeping in touch with driver making sure merchandised was delivered promptly and scheduled for pick up to satisfy clients. I loved that i was able to be out in the field and meeting new clients.
Pros
free lunch one a month
Cons
no benefits
You can support your family
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 11, 2017
Great company too work for. Upper management is great they will work with you. Depending on the day it'll be rough but that's a normal shop. Just have too deal with it.
roller coaster ride
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 27, 2016
long hours ,a big turn over in drivers ,alot of sitting and wait on loads or what to do got to meet a lot of nice people, not enough pay for a typical day work the hardest part of the job is this the truth or not
Pros
local work?
Cons
long hours bad insurance
Fast paced multi task environment
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 30, 2016
14-16 Hour shifts working Evenings and every other weekend. Perform tasks and duties of various individuals to keep freight moving from dispatch, driver manager, shipper/consignee billing and manifest discrepancies. Hardest part is doing all above while alone and managing 400+ drivers throughout 5 terminas in US. Enjoying part of job is pleasing Customers and maintaining excellent relationships with Drivers in maintaining safety and driver retention.
Cons
Hours, Healthcare
great environment, beautful scenery, good for experience.
Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJuly 12, 2015
Enjoy doing long haul but the pay isn't worth it. Love the scenery and drives. Load and unload trailers. Management is great have a great relationship with them.
Pros
scenery, different experience
Cons
away from my family too long, pay isnt worth it, no benefits, no extra pay to compensate long stays away from home.
company out of business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2015
Hard place to work. Too much "fear" and not enough genuine leadership. Nepotism and favoritism. Though hard work was rewarded in my case, there was a glass ceiling not likely to be penetrated unless one was of the "in" crowd.
good job with changing views hardly ever in the same place
delivery driver cdl (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 25, 2015
a typical day started with getting in touch with dispatch to give them an update on my location and if i needed a load or to let them know if there was a problem with on time delivery or to move up a delivery time so my hours of service could be used better.i learned that sometimes i had to just take my time to gain more drive time even if it ment sitting at a truck stop for a day.sometimes that was the only way to get a shower and hot meal and rest. very few times did i run into other continental drivers on the road.the hardest thing to deal with was being away from family for two weeks at a time or even longer.but sometimes being at some locations could offset that with the different cultures and views.
Pros
being all over the usa
Cons
being away from family for long periods of time.
Nice breakroom' keep their trucks clean'
Short haul truck driver (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 20, 2014
friendly people' Have nice equipment to drive' been their 12 half years'
Pros
Trucks are very well maintained
Cons
Could improve on pay scale
Poor place overall for employment
former employee (Former Employee) –  gaffneyOctober 10, 2014
Management uncaring about your time with your family, horrible place to work overall, the people do not care that you are a living, breathing human. I was absolutely distraught the entire time I was employed there, they will lie to your face about many things.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no home time
Open atmosphere
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 28, 2014
A solid job that you can raise a family on with the income and job security. Good management.
friendly, family-oriented
Over the Road Driver (OTR Driver) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working for Continental Express, was the fact I was treated like family. I could joke with my supervisor, and also was rewarded with time home with my family.

This company was, by far, the best company I ever worked for.
Pros
As many miles as I wanted to drive
Cons
Trucks at times would break down, causing me to wait a day.
productive
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2013
productive, had a mild stroke and found a security job so I could be close to home
productive work place with driver app week
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 16, 2012
i begin by doing a pre trip then do my regular dutys speak to my dispatch so we are on the same page i have learned to be more paitent and understanding on how the trucking industry works the com is a greate place to work if u are willing to stay out continusly until u cant go no longer some of the co workers do not socalize with each other they just move on with there on thing. the hardest thing is staying out for long periods of time and not being home and if u dont stay out longer then u dont make the money u really wanted when u started i really enjoyed meeting new people and almost went to the same places so i knew where i was going and no suprises.
Not enough home time
Otr Driver (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHOctober 3, 2012
Very strict company to work for. They dont plan loads right for you to get the required amount of sleep.All they care about is making a huge profit. Dont care about the drivers well being.
Cons
not enough sleep/not enough home time
billing, payroll, collections, AR, AP, cash entry
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 17, 2012
12 line switchboard, driver payroll, billing, AP, AR, collections, data/cash entry, customer service, spreadsheets for sales people for customers
Pros
loved the customers and most that worked side by side with me
Cons
too many cheifs not enough indians