JOB DESCRIPTION: TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
Employee Type: Salary Exempt
Reports To: Vice President & General Manager, Electric
SUMMARY: The Territory Manager is responsible for exceeding the established sales plan for his/her assigned territories and account list. The Account Manager coordinates and communicates all activities involved with selling and servicing thermOweld’s products and accounts.
ANNUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Increase sales at a rate that is equal to or greater than the company goals.
- Prepare Detailed Annual Plans for hitting the established goals. These plans will serve as the road map to exceeding annual goals. These plans will include established accounts, potential new accounts, Market Segment Goals and Product Goals. These plans will be developed before the end of December each year.
- Become an expert within the markets you serve. Service and Sell more products to our existing customer base. Find new customers. Know the key players, know the key issues that affect the market as a whole. Understand the sales opportunities thermOweld has today, and the potential new product opportunities thermOweld could have in the future
- Work the jobs and projects to increase customer base in the markets you serve.
- Understand thermOweld’s pricing structure and make appropriate adjustments throughout the year. Look for opportunities to make adjustments.
- To accomplish this, you will need to read the pertinent trade magazines, attend the right trade shows and seminars, become involved within the industry, be seen as a positive addition to the industry.
- In addition to gaining this knowledge and expertise, you must share it with others on the sales team as well as management. Educate your coworkers, your managers, and your company. Be the champion for the markets you serve.
- Work with your National Sales Manager and the Vice President and General Manager to build Partnerships with Key Customers.
- Communicate and assist with question or problems with various departments within the company.
WEEKLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have a 30/60/90 day sales plans, including monthly sales goals, for each of your Key Customers. Exceed those goals.
- Manage your time to insure you are communicating to as many customers as possible. Communicate actions needed to management and others on the thermOweld sales team on a monthly basis and coordinating your efforts to contribute to the overall growth of the thermOweld product line.
- Submit a weekly Business Report to the National Sales Manager. The purpose of this report is to evaluate progress and identify opportunities.
- Be proactive in communicating with Management, others on the sales team, and operations the goals of your program and the opportunities to sell more thermOweld Products. Recognize one important fact – you are competing for everyone’s time.
- Monthly, evaluate your sales plan and communicate your results to the National Sales Manager, as well as the operations team of any trends that may affect production.
- Develop a list of 10 Key Contacts to speak to regularly in order to learn and understand the perspective of the industry, your territory, the distribution base, and their business.
- Responsible for updating and assisting with the management of Key Accounts.
WEEKLY/DAILY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with your supervisor on a regular basis to communicate activities affecting your territory and accounts.
- Talk to an established number of contacts every day. Understand what is going on in the market today, and think in terms of turning information into business today. Operate with a sense of urgency. Go beyond the plan – develop the ability to find “Plus” business within the daily effort.
- Enter orders for and manage day to day activities for Key Accounts assigned to you.
- Watch your expenses when you travel. They add up quickly and must be controlled in order for us to continue our commitment to service. Spend money like it is your money.
- Support the efforts of the other Territory Managers on an as-needed basis. Use other managers or personnel to support your efforts.
- This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and evaluation. Understand your strengths and maximize them. Recognize your weakness and work to improve or minimize their impact. The responsibility to grow and improve is yours.
- As a Manager, you are responsible for communicating the needs of our customers to the company. Assume nothing when it comes to our customers. Strive to understand each situation and each request. Under commit and over deliver. Your ability to establish yourself as “thermOweld” in the eyes of your customers is your value to the company.
- Ability to work a full schedule of Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week or more.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain credit card for use of travel
- Ability to travel as needed, international travel may be necessary so ability to obtain passport is necessary
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with great interpersonal skills needed
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time