Continental Properties Company, Inc

Continental Properties Company, Inc United States Employee Reviews

horrible company, not family oriented, managers steal commission
leasing agent (Former Employee), Bradenton FloridaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: managers steal your commission, not family friendly, management does not take responsibility when at fault.
I had the worst experience working for this company. I was lied to in regards to pay structure from the day of hire. From day one I was competing with my property manager for commissions. Also my manager would go in and manually change my leases to hers when she had not worked with that customer. No one in upper management cares that my manager was stealing from me. This happened on 3 occasions in less than 2 months. They will not tolerate any instant changes in your personal life . Ex... Switching your day off when given permission they will write you up. Then the office is short staffed so you work long hrs and go into overtime but are reprimanded for leaving early so you don't go into overtime. Very UN organized place to work

April 23, 2015

FROM CONTINENTAL - Thank you for taking the time to comment. You’ve outlined a number of issues and, if what you allege is true, it is completely unacceptable. Our company Creed states that we commit ourselves, “to the highest standards of ethics and integrity”. As such we are constantly looking for better ways to improve communication and line of sight across all of our communities and all of our staff throughout the United States. Additionally, we continually seek to improve avenues for employees to reach out beyond their immediate manager when issues arise – to Regional Managers and our home office Human Resources staff – to ensure that any such issue is identified and resolved promptly.

Nice family culture
Accounts Payable Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WINovember 2, 2014
Pros: smaller family run company
Cons: real estate market isn't always stable or predictable
Nice family culture, good co-workers. Fun place to work. Smaller company where you can learn a lot about the real estate industry.
Very typical management company
Property Manager (Former Employee), FloridaJune 26, 2014
Pros: great opportunities for advancement
Cons: not an equal opportunity employer
I interviewed for a position at an A class property. The application process is long and tedious. You have multiple Skype, automated phone system and in person interviews. My experience was typical of the status quo in the industry. I got through all of the steps and was still requested to do a Skype interview with the Regional Manager. I couldn't figure out why I needed to have the multiple interviews until I skyped with the Regional. When I was rejected for the position within less than 24 hours it all became clear. You see, on paper I look and sound like a white woman. Over the phone I sound like a white woman. The minute he saw my black face, he instantly made up in his mind that I was the wrong person for the position at an A class property. I have 24 years of experience. I see that the status quo is white faces at A class properties and minority faces at distressed properties. One day we shall arrive!
negative
APM (Current Employee), southeasstMay 17, 2014
upper management speaks but doesn't listen
approaches every conversation regardless of how simple from a confrontational perspective.

not open to suggestions from field

April 23, 2015

FROM CONTINENTAL - We appreciate your comments. As a property management firm with employees in various locations throughout the United States, we constantly seek to improve communication – both from our field employees to the home office as well as from our home office to our employees in the field. As part of these efforts, our owner (CEO) and President annually visit every employee at every property to share our company’s goals and direction for the upcoming year. During these meetings, these senior leaders also take the time to solicit feedback and input from our property staff about the challenges they’re facing locally. These comments make it back to planning meetings with other company leaders and, although not every comment and bit of feedback can be addressed directly, this information informs our company’s actions in the future.

Busy work environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 2, 2014
Pros: busy days, small company.
Cons: poor compensation and communication with upper management.
Given tasks and the independence to get them complete. A lot of driving all over town in personal vehicle from job site to job site. 80% in the field, 20% in the office. Oversaw that subcontractor was on time and within budget. Management was traditional and conservative. Co-workers were OK. Hardest part of job was time management. Most enjoyable part was that I was given tasks and was trusted that I was getting them complete.
Great place to work, family environment
Commercial Property Manager (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIApril 30, 2014
Pros: family type environment
Cons: many extra hours of work
A typical day at work included: corresponding with tenant, budgeting for commercial properties, discussing maintenance issues with the staff, filing and billings.
Great company but you won't have a second to breath
Property Manager (Current Employee), USAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: compensation, benefits, advancement
Cons: work/ life balance
I love working for Continental as a property manager. I think I'm paid fairly well, the company has great job security and opportunity for advancement especially if you are willing to relocate. The amount of work that is put on your plate is very intense though. I have done property management and real estate for 8+ years and have never been spread so thin.
Friendly environment
Book Keeper (Former Employee), Township of Brick, NJOctober 9, 2013
Pros: able to do different things, not mundane
Cons: while you can move around, up is tough.
Myriad of depts, gives you the chance to learn various areas.
A Great Company that could be Excellent if current growth is managed well.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 2, 2013
Pros: benefits, and the chance to prove your worth in the company.
Cons: rapid growth, uncertain employment, policy is more imprtant than employees
Company Moto in 2010: Be your own CEO and Absolute Honesty.
Currently more policy driven due to rapid growth and the management there of. Would LOVE to continue with this company, however the Uncertainty of "if" or "when" is my property going to be sold now exists.at all sites.
On a fast track to success with no communication
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 5, 2013
Pros: traveling, advancement, training
Cons: communication, not a team
Working for Continental Properties has been a great learning experience. I learned more than any leasing agent could ever learn in two months. I was apart of a program called the Property Management Development Program. It was a two year program designed to teach all of the skills necessary to become a property manager in two years. However, the program was brand new. There was no communication within the program. It made it difficult to achieve what was expected when there was no original communication of the expectations. It was fantastic though to talk with people and to find them a new home.
Lease Agent
Showing Apartments
Closing of Sales and Follow-Up
Good company, Bad job
Leasing Associate (Current Employee), United StatesSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: paid vacation, summer fun days, commission
Cons: management, residents, amount of work/pay
The company itself is great, giving almost 3 weeks of paid vacation the first year. On top of this they add on "summer fun days" which are 4 free 1/2 days during the summer months. The insurance company is not spectacular, but Continental does give free life insurance, which is nice. They also reimburse you for fitness memberships (up to a certain amount). The incentive program for the leasing office is pretty good. $75/move in

A typical day at work includes resident complaining and groaning about anything and everything. They all want what they want and want it yesterday. The people coming in to tour can be frustrating too, not moving for another year or just looking. Spending 20 minutes with someone you know is not going to lease is awful.

Management, well there is a huge disconnect between upper management and property level management. I'm sure its just my location, but it seems the manager can bend the rules at their own leisure, but will not budge for other employees. Also, at a leasing agent level, you are pretty much the office secretary. Any papers on the printer end up on your desk to be distributed.

The commissions are based on who tours the prospect first, but if management feels that they spent too much time with them after that, watch out. You will lose your commission.

The most enjoyable part of the job is lunch break, the end of the day, and a few residents that are very sweet.

October 29, 2012

When leaving Continental Properties, they become horribly offended by the fact that you don't wish to work for minimal pay and horrid working conditions. It is comparable to an abusive relationship. They try to take advantage and screw you in every possible way they can. Also, the Live Oak manager is too scared to say ANYTHING to your face. It all comes via email. I prefer a manager that has strength and morals, not weakness and cowers in the face of conflict.

Owners value their employees
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 30, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: the construction industry is prone to lay offs
This is by far the best company I have worked for. They value their customers as well as their employees. They provide quality product. They are an ethical company and I always felt proud to represent them.

About Continental Properties Company, Inc

It starts with our people. At Continental, we hire talented, creative and driven people. We treat them well and work together – Read more

Continental Properties Company, Inc Photos