Continental Services Employee Reviews

Poor Management and communication
Market Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Metro DetroitOctober 17, 2017
The position I worked while with Continental was stressful because management was not professional. One manager knew the job inside and out and for a time that worked well. When new management was brought in they did not understand the job they were doing and often wanted unattainable results.
Pros
Set schedule
For place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 4, 2017
The department is lacking the appropriate leadership there was no organization . Also seemed like no one in the company could talk to any one about problems. Also they do not do manager reviews only employee reviews.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low pay
Manager
Daytime Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 22, 2017
Not a bad place to work but it is in a factory so seeing the same people over and over the same people who complain and ask the same question over and over can get a little annoying.
Pros
good pay good hours
Cons
stuck in a rut
great group of people.
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parma, MIAugust 31, 2017
Working for the team I was a part of was one of the best experiences in my career as a cook. They worked around my schedule and even called me in for extra shifts knowing I needed the hours. I highly recommend it as a place to get your feet wet in the food industry.
Pros
to many to chose from
Cons
Don't waste your time with these idiots!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 24, 2017
Pros
Heathcare, 401k, Pto
It Starts At Top
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 8, 2017
In the years I've worked at my particular account I've seen 3 different managers. The turnover rate is high in the field (accounts) and apparently even higher in the corporate offices. Many things are promised and not delivered. Upper management is clueless about the jobs of their staff (chefs, cashiers, line cooks etc) and only respond to emails. Any issue you have you're pretty much on your own. And forget about job placement unless you're a favorite employee amongst upper management.
Pros
It all depends on the account location
Cons
Upper management, training, communication
it is a great part time job to have
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 5, 2017
this is only a great part time job, you will not have breaks or free meals and you will stand on your feet for a least 8 hrs straight with no break. Big Con
Pros
Part time
Cons
no breaks, no meals
Fun workplace
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 9, 2017
The job is like any other customer service job. Not too hard but it gets high demanding sometimes of course. You build friendships with the customers since you see the same people everyday so thats cool too..
Pros
Easy
Cons
Repetitive
Great Company to work for
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 3, 2017
I worked only part time, contract employee. My place of employment was at Ford Motor Company in the Cafeteria. Served Breakfast/Lunch to employees of the facility along with guests of the facility. Had a regular menu we cooked and served along with special requests for the customers. Management was absolutely fantastic to work with, which at this facility included myself and my manager. We were a great team.
Pros
Great people to work for and great customers
Cons
not enough hours
Customer Service
Customer Service/ Catering/Server (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 31, 2017
Catering and serving at Jackson College, businesses and organization’s events.
• Ensure exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet services such as; carving stations, bar tending, replenishing food during events, as well as products and supplies in compliance with event standards.
• Ensure events are properly equipped and executed by transporting, setting up and breaking down chairs, tables and food stations, as well as returning equipment to designated storage in compliance with event standards and guidelines.
• Clean, organize and restock equipment/product returning from catering events. Understand safety responsibilities as well as environmental laws by following procedures, policies and training.
Great enviornment
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Great experience, down to earth staff with friendly vibes through out the office. Pay was extremely low with not much opportunity for advancement. Great job to have to produce some type of income.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work, I've been with the company for a while now and I would say the most enjoyable part is being able to show your guests a good time and to be able to give them great customer service.
Self starting face paced.
Retail Product Reset Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Merchandising products for big box store. Learned how to manage others. Extremely hard working co-workers. Worked with store management to ensure projects were delivered on time.
Continental is a great place to work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 13, 2016
I've been with the company for 6 months and have nothing but great things to say about my experience.

Excellent and fun co-workers. Great work/life balance
Pros
awesome co-workers, awesome lunches, work/life balance
Cons
none thus far
Supervised rig operations crew when drilling, completing, and working over wells
DRILLING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Supervise rig operations
Supervise contract procedures and practices
Planned and contacted contract equipment when needed
Monitored well
Learned parts of operational equipment
Great company that recognizes and rewards for performance
Corporate Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 29, 2015
In my experience, Continental is a company that promotes within and recognizes talent when they see it.

Having been promoted 5 times over my career is a true testament that if you have proven performance and a strong work ethic you will advance your career here.

The company has multiple brands that include a wide variety of jobs and cultures that each brand represents so the possibilities for advancement and inter company movement are endless.

If you are looking for a deeply rooted, Michigan based food management company this is the place to be
Pros
Subsized lunch, employee parties, first class office enviroment, discounted event tickets, opportunity for advancement, themed events/lunches, flexible schedule, continuous growth
Cons
Health care benefits are somewhat average
Chef/Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 14, 2015
How to do front of house and back of house, create weekly menus, caterings, control food cost weekly, and track inventory weekly. Work with 2 employees feeding 300 people a day and do caterings at the same time. That was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy the guest that came to eat in my cafe everyday.
Pros
Free Meal once a day
Cons
Healthcare not too good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 28, 2015
This company has made a lot of changes in the last year and is moving in the right direction. New management is great to work for. Very fair and fun. We got a lot done. During busy times I got to do what I was comfortable with and when it was slower I learned new things. Overall I really liked this company and this team. Wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
People, management, food
Cons
Drive from my house
New Direction of Company was POOR
employee (Former Employee) –  Metro DetroitJuly 3, 2015
Challenging company when you have to report to 10 different bosses, some of them who have no prior food service experience. Inexperienced newer management made days at work very trying and difficult to get through. Wish the Company wasn't always trying to look for the latest and greatest "new best thing" and kept old management which always made for pleasant days. Personal opinions take precedence over following SOP's which can make for a difficult day. Most positive experience had been how I learned how I don't want to be treated as an employee which has made me more successful in my new career.
Pros
unknown
Cons
just about everything
Dependable, hardworking, honest
BANQUET SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 19, 2015
Sales coordinator for banquets, weddings, luncheons, sport banquets, golf outings and wedding ceremony's.
Answered many emails,customized menus, timelines, collected event payments, bank deposits and bridal and trade shows.
Great Coworkers, supervisor's and management.

Hardest part was the drive. 45 miles from my home.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Distance from my home.