Continental Structural Plastics

Continental Structural Plastics Employee Reviews

Stressful and full of anger and distrust for management
Operator (Current Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHJanuary 2, 2017
managers is never on the floor. And never holds meetings with the people hardly. None of us respect the way they treats us.
Management is never on the floor to make it better. Too much overtime because the facility is not ran correctly right now. Really need someone to come in and change the plant for the better.
Pros
No real write ups
Cons
Dirty itchy lack of respect for the employess
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Conneaut, OHJanuary 13, 2017
Dirty itchy management was all about favorites, union was pretty much useless, the chemical smell is horrible especially with fresh mix, dusty, you eventually get used to the fiberglass tho. Presses constantly needed oil or constantly blew lines or equalizers for the ejectors.
Pros
Paid breaks and lunches
Cons
Managment
Production driven
Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 17, 2016
If you like working all the time this us the place for you. You work long hours, very dirty place and the management does not really care for their employees. If you are within the management team you are okay. The Actual PEOPLE that do the work are not appreciated.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
It was good,
601 Hibriten Drive NW - Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCNovember 16, 2016
I liked it but then they leg me go after a month and bring new people in the next day. I was on time everyday, They gave heat breaks and Popsicles when it was hot. and they are really nice people. I'd love to work with them again
Pros
good money
Disappointed in Upper Management and HR
Quality Control Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHDecember 6, 2016
No matter how hard you work, or how much you give of yourself, management does not care. Hostile work environment, bullying, allowed even after repeated complaints to management.
easy going atmosphere
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Van Wert, OHOctober 12, 2016
I enjoyed working here for the wages, and insurance, but the chemical smell was horrible at times. I eventually got use to it, but in longevity it was slowing killing us.
Pros
excellent wages
Cons
chemical smell
Difficult place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springhill, LAAugust 31, 2016
Very stressful place to work, however, I personally thrived in this environ. Good place for me to be. Wish at times I would have allowed myself to transfer as offered.
cant complain
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sarepta, LAApril 18, 2016
Benefits and insurance thats offered are awesome. Production supervisors tend to show favoritism to their "inner circle" of buddies and treat others like total garbage. They also dont communicate nor attempt any type of teamwork with shipping and quality supervisors. They also have a tendency to yell and use profane language to employees. If it wasnt for certain aspects like that, it would be a 5 star place to work. Would i recommend this job to anyone? Actually yes. All jobs have bad apples in the bunch. Just gotta roll with it. No job is gonna please everyone. I currently am employeed with CSP and actually enjoy it.
Pros
excellent benefits, decent pay
Cons
favoritism and lack of teamwork
Was only a temporary
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHJuly 7, 2016
Was only a temporary Needs improvement Needs to be more understanding from upper management Good become a good company Culture needs to change
Pros
Good enployees
Cons
Disappointed in upper management
learning to mold
Molder Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJune 2, 2016
I learned to mold car parts. The hardest part of the job was the heat...it got very intense. The most enjoyable part was talking to and meeting new people as well as meeting my daily goals.
Pros
got to leave for lunch
Cons
only got one break in a 12 hour period
Good pay and benefits
PAINT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHMarch 1, 2016
I learned allot about paint systems, plumbing, rebuilding equipment. Management is BAD don't treat employees well. They want you to follow the rules to a tee which that's no problem but don't honor our Union contract. If they would learn to work with us instead of against us they would be a great place to work for. They don't care about how much experience how many years of service you have. Very SAD but they don't even treat other management employees very well.
Productoin (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INFebruary 21, 2016
A typical day was working on the parts, or the press, cleaning holes. I was not very fond of my supervisor, but all personal feelings aside I did as I was told and got the job done. Co-Workers knew what they had to do as did I and we all got our jobs done.
Pros
Health Coverage, short breaks and a lunch. weekends off
Very Dirty Place to work
Bonder (Former Employee) –  Carey, OHFebruary 11, 2016
The best part of my job there was leaving. It was a job for quick easy money. Did not enjoy working for the union there. Management was horrible. I did not enjoy working there at all.
Pros
July shut down for two weeks
Cons
Skin irritation from fiberglass, Two tier pay
Long hours for Slaves
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Carey, OHOctober 18, 2015
I would not recommend this job to anyone other than the desperate. Typical factory workers who are more focused on gossip than doing their job. Company claims to strive for world class quality, but ignores quality procedures for products. They harass good workers with write-ups and warnings but ignore lazy workers who violate rules. If you value your work and the effort you expend into your job, don't bother. Your hard work will be much more appreciated and celebrated elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits, 90 day hire-in automaticly, job is not physically demanding
Cons
Self-entitled co-workers, outside hiring for management positions, job security is a joke.
best
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Conneaut, OHMarch 1, 2016
best factory i ever worked for. learned a lot and the all my bosses and superviser. and all the benifets i got. miss working there
productive company using SMC to solve new technological challenges
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 29, 2015
A good place to work with many processes and procedures to support standard efficient work deliverables.
Working at CSP was satisfying and the team around me was supportive.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Good benefits and good management
Production Tech (Current Employee) –  Sarepta, LAMay 15, 2015
A typical day of work is mostly trimming up parts getting them ready to be sent out to customers and just doing whatever I am told to do. I a lot learned in the three months I have been working here. I learned how to load the presses to make the parts and how to trim the parts and how to punch and pack out the parts. The hardest part of the job is trimming the parts up. The most enjoyable part of the is being around the people I work with.
Pros
good management
Cons
short breaks and a unpaid lunch
World-Class automotive supplier.
Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 11, 2015
Good corporation with excellent people making world class surface molded compounds and components. Lots of capacity and capability growth potential.
Pros
People
CSP is an excellant company
Front Desk & HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 15, 2015
As a temporary Front Desk & HR Assistant I was required to greet national and international guest, manage switchboard and setup lunches for sales and board meetings. Also, I prepared Excel spreadsheets, Viso Charts, proofed word documents, prepared expense reports and outgoing shipping documents (national and international), maintain employee HR files and vacation logs and assisted with special projects coping or scanning documents to corporate files and monitored completion of facility projects.
Pros
It was a wide variety of projects that never became boring.
Cons
It was temporary
Ok job to work. Just laid off way to much.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INMarch 19, 2013
Typical day consisted of looking at and measuring parts. Making sure they are within guide lines. When I hired in to CSP I already knew what the job needed. so I really just refreshed my memory from previous job. Management was pretty cool when they was around. Usally they would be helping someone else since I have a strong grasp on my job. I had good co-workers on the most part. Everyone has their days. Ya deal with it and move on. Wasnt really anything hard about the job. Enjoy the since of doing a great job and providing the best parts we can give the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Structural Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7