CONTINENTAL WESTERN GROUP Employee Reviews

Great place to meet good people but not a career opportunity
claims (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, iowaMarch 30, 2015
I worked here for 8 years. If you want to get to know some great people professionally and personally then its for you. From a career choice i would recommend you go elsewhere. There benefits are terrible and they do not compensate you for the work they ask out of you. Zero opportunities for advancement and depending on the department very unprofessional and hostile management will make you want to quit your job. Little to no training is provided for certain job tasks or requirements they ask of you. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I know. Worst experience over the last 3 years working for BARS in the last 20 years I've been employed in the workforce.
Pros
good co workers place to meet people
Cons
pay, benefits, opportunities, department management is poor and unprofessional.
Very stressful environment
Financial Analyst- Compliance (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IASeptember 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me was one in which I started very early in the morning and worked through lunch. Sometimes I worked seven days each week. I did learn a lot while working there as I had not worked with premium taxes or statutory accounting before. Management in my department was poor at communication and not involved as they should have been. My co-workers were wonderful and I really enjoyed most of the people I worked with.
The hardest part of my job was meeting the enormous amount of deadlines I had.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers.
Pros
great co-workers, birthday lunches
Cons
never time for lunch or breaks; poor communication
Productive, fun, interesting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 1, 2013
Typical day filled with Interesting project work
What I learned - valuable leadership skills
Hardest part of job was conflict resolution
Most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with my manager, direct reports, and collaborating with other business unit leaders on their project needs.
Good company, nice people to work with.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 2, 2013
I work autonomously, in a small department, manager does not micromanage. Steady work, good environment.
Pros
steady, dependable company.
Cons
no opportunity in my department for advancement.