Continental

Continental Employee Reviews

Ruined by merger and CEO
Ramp service employee (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2015
Pros: Fun job
Cons: Politics and poor management
Continental was a great airline to work for and to fly on until the merger with United Airlines. Everything has gone downhill ever since for both subsidiary airlines, the employees and the customers. Most of the blame for this is because of a CEO who is only interested in short term gains instead of long term investments You'd be hard pressed to find a single employee in this company who is happy right now.
Long hours, but not hard.
Operator (Former Employee), Seguin, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: The schedule
Cons: No healthcare, long hours
A typical day at work all depends on if the equipment was working properly. Nothing about the job was hard, if anything it was relatively easy, it just wasn't for me. I couldn't stand the long hours, it was just a repetitive job every day the same thing. My co-workers made the time pass a little quicker, I had two team leads who were both very nice. Hardest part of the job, just standing for twelve hours. All in all I liked what I did at my job, but not enough to stay.
Great Place, plant Employees are Great People treated very Badly
Former Dedicated Employee (Current Employee), Fletcher, NC.June 3, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, Great Employees. Workers are Fantastic
Cons: Bad Managment, Dept. Heads always BLAME Employees.
Excellent People to work with. Made a lot of New Friends the Pay was Great but the Stress was Incredible. Very Very Poor Managment. HR in Charge didn't Do Nothing at all to Earn what He was Paid. Seems like Department Heads was Always out to Find a Reason to FIRE ANYONE. Lot of BLAME GAME going on there. Also a Dangerous Environment (Health wise) The Air was Always Bad (Hydrochloric Acid) Office Personal always walked in Disregard to our Forklift Drivers. One Day there will be a Terrible Accident but OSHA never Seems to Do much About it. ???????
Great Learning Experience
Breakfast, Hot Apps, Specials Cook (Current Employee), Naples, FLJune 3, 2015
I have loved working here since my first day. I learn so much and love the level of hard work that is shared by all those that work here. I am honored and like to excel with high demands. I learned to trust my skills and to take my time. The hardest part of the job were some of the employees not taking me seriously as a woman, but I proved to all of them that I can hold my own. I love every part of my job and I love that there is always some knew ingredient we are using, I continue to learn.
Good company
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Tunis, VAMay 19, 2015
Continental automotive is good company in general, a warm professionnal environment, with high skilled satff, I enjoyed working there
Nice place to work with tight schedules
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Boon KengMay 17, 2015
Pros: Enough work to do, process oriented, complete product life cycle exposure.
Cons: No career growth. Once an engineer, always an engineer
Continental Singapore is a typical product development company. But we also have teams which support the other locations especially Germany. Started as an outsourcing hub but now it has turned into a product design and development venture, for Asia Pacific region. It is nice to work in Continental, good colleagues, and enough work to do. There are in-office politics like any other office, just have to cope with it. Sometimes, for some teams the pressure is high, but end of the day it is satisfying.
Learn experience
Human Resource Staffing Intern (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMay 9, 2015
Very team-oriented, would love to have a full-time position with this company. My goal is to eventually be a full-time employee. Work life balance is great. The HR team is great to work with, very helpful and they want you succeed.
Little to no job security, but great travel benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee), Newark Liberty International AirportMay 1, 2015
Pros: Traveling for free
Cons: little to no job security
A typical day for me at work would include paperwork and service corrections such as passenger itinerary's, transaction issues, or any such discrepancies in service. Working for Continental, now United Airlines, for thirteen years I learned customer relation skills, working with the customers needs and problem solving issues as they come along. Management has handled issues in service with reasonable fairness, but that can only go so far when company policy is concerned. Over the years my coworkers were like family. I worked well with all my coworkers and helped with general office tasks when needed. I could say the hardest part of my job were the customer complaints. It is a difficult task to tend to everyone's needs, and not all will leave with a sense of satisfaction with the service they were provided, especially if a flight has been canceled. The most enjoyable part of the job I guess are the flying benefits; going anywhere around the world at your leisure, but on standby.
Positive environment, friendly, left smiling
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CO and Tampa Fl.April 20, 2015
Pros: Flight benefits for myself and family and good Health Insurance
Cons: Long distance to drive in.
Greeted employees, and managers. Took calls and worked online throughout the day. I learned another kind of patience, different from home life raising family. Leaned to be better listener. Learned the customer is right even if they are incorrect.
Enjoyed and respected managment and Co workers. Enjoyed being with them outside of work sometines.
Hardest part of my job was not being able to please or correct every customer's situation at the time I was online or call with them. Sometimes it took hours or days to complete or correct it.

Most enjoyable part of my job,loved the friend I made. Became a much larger family circle.
Can Be More
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 13, 2015
This is a great job for a student and more. The pay is great and the hours are good. They don't allow OT so dont get to happy about that because it rarely happens.
Continental was a wonderful place to work until the merger
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
Pros: international travel
Cons: being on call all the time
Loved my job with Continental, great culture...that all changed with the merger. The hardest part of the job was being on reserve and unable to trade days off or know your schedule.
Productive work place
Manufacturing Assembler (Former Employee), Seguin, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at work consisted working on an assembly line. I learned a lot of different areas in the plant. The management team was nice. I loved my co-workers and working as a team. The hardest part of the job was the shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a fast paced environment.
enjoyable work place
Lead Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), clevelandFebruary 14, 2015
great place to work, great people to work with , management does a good job, would recommend to anyone interested , can be a lot of down time
work hounds.
Cook (Former Employee), toledo OhioFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: no evening shifts.
Cons: tons of labor with no compensation. just a fact!!
Easy work but tons of it. If you think your going to be able to advance you are in for a suprise. Co-workers were helpful. Management was not.
deeply troubled but optimistic
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 12, 2015
poor management, completely compartmentalized so no one communicates, lack of ethos for quality, everything is ok as long as its cheap, poor hiring practices, questionably safe work environment
Good job
CNC Operator-machine (Former Employee), Culpeper, VAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: night shift and trying to sleep during the day
its a good job if you work days not so much on the night shift working 12 hours and trying to sleep during the day is hard to do when you have to work but your off every other weekend and pay is good
Great learning experiene and challenging enviroment
Customer Service lead (Current Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: long days
Getting to meet new people everyday and love the pressure of day to day activities. Challenges that you will face and pressure of delays oversales.
Comfortable and accommodating with wonderful benefits
Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits, cafeteria inside the building, flex hours
Cons: not much room for advancement
Continental is a wonderful company staffed with a great diversity of employees. However, being a woman in her twenties and still in the process of attaining my degree (expected in May 2016), I find it a struggle to advance through the ranks in a place predominately managed by experienced male engineers. They are all truly delightful people and very good at their jobs, but I believe I have a special place somewhere else where my work will be more than mere data entry and will make a bigger difference for the company.
good work place
Certified Crane Operator (Current Employee), Anderson, INJanuary 15, 2015
has lots of work and keeps you working hard also the jobs very
excellent company
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
excellent ! One of the best airlines in the business. Super people in management.

1 2 3 4

About Continental

We are conscientious people who help others around the world fulfill their dreams of mobility. This also comprises the transport – Read more

Continental Salaries