Continental Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 21, 2016
A standard day was 10 to 12 hours sometimes longer. If you are willing to work hard and long hours there is room for advancement. Management was supportive in the beginning but once you are acclimated they are not seen much. Continental is a large company and once your in your unit you don't get see other Continental employees very often because the accounts are spread out. The hardest part of the job was hiring good staff in a timely manner. Every applicant came from corporate and the process was time consuming. Learned a lot in my time there but the work life balance took its toll after 18 years.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacation & Holidays
Cons
Very long days
Na
Associate Human Relations (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 20, 2016
I have worked there for 4 years now in HR and it has been a fantastic company to work for and with my coworkers. The structure is well established and cannot alter the processes at all thanks to Germany
SAP Analyst & Project Analyst
SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  ContinentalJuly 20, 2016
Continental Automotive, part of SAS Automotive joint venture with Faurecia to directly supply Volkswagen AG, an awesome company with several opportunities and improvements for many different processes.
Great opportunity to understand Automotive industry best practices, work directly with clients and major vendors, be part of development team of new vehicles that will go into market, and many other great traits are what made me rate it a 5-star company.
Although a great company, sometimes it is difficult to manage and reach a consensus between different departments on what the project goals and metrics have to be, but this does not tarnish its ability to grant several opportunities for its employees.
Pros
good environment, uses SAP as ERP tool, several projects always on going.
Cons
May lead to long hours of work depending on your position
Great Job
Curing operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC.July 15, 2016
Great Job .I would recommend this job to anyone. Great people. FUN environment. ....................
I loved working there, and was a very nice work place.
Blowmold operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJuly 14, 2016
I really like my boss TJ marhell! He takes his job very seriously! And the only thing I didn't like was the person they hired for shift lead, she was extremely rude and made people feel uncomfortable! That's the main reason I left
Pros
Paid lunch 12hr shifts
Cons
Some of the people where very rude
Awesome place to work
Technical System Engineer / FSM (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 11, 2016
Continental is the 2nd largest Automotive OEM Supplier. It is a nice place to work, the process are good described. Love to work at Continental.
Pros
4x a week working from home
Wonderful employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 3, 2016
Continental was a wonderful place to work, for the most part. Once they work out all the kinks it will be the job to have in Sumter, SC.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Work schedule is difficult to adjust to, too many people trying to be the boss, no one is on the same page.
Physically demanding, hot, loud, weekends, etc...
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 30, 2016
Maintaining 700 machines, some 40 plus years old, with only 11 techs. It is a chore. Non-stop action. Never get caught up.
Pros
Better than the bread line
Cons
Sometimes it's a 13 hour shift without a break.
Continental AG
Technical Coach (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 24, 2016
Management is truly committed to continuous improvement. Benefits were the best I've had. Able to maintain a good work/life balance.
Fun people to work with interesting job
mold operator & Welder (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJune 12, 2016
Welded plastic components onto plastic pipe, which was turbo and intake pipe for ford,BMW, and Tesla. After about 4 months a received a small promotion and became a blow mold operator and created the turbo piping rather than just welding components on to it. Management wasnt that great which is part of the reason I left but the job its self was fun. Hardest part of the job is having your blow mold shutting down constantly after running perfect all night. the most enjoyable part of this job was my co workers aside from the operating.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great place
Raw Materials Warehouse Associate / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 11, 2016
Great Place to work...would reccommend for young single person....Hours are long and rotating shift...Good co-workers and chance for advancement for hard workers...pro military
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 1, 2016
*Best employees to work with
*Challenging job responsibilities, you will never get bored
*Constructive feedback from managers and they are cool, open environment where you have freedom to contradict and give your opinion
Pros
Best Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Porterdale, GAMay 29, 2016
its a good work place i learned alot about team work and working on my own machines they had good management i had good CO-Workers
One of my best jobs.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 19, 2016
I loved working here, only left due to moving back to Iowa from Texas. Great advancement, very easy. Management listened to you. It was a great job to learn.
Pros
Pay, benefits, people
Cons
Hours
Productive Community
Lead Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 18, 2016
Feeling Accomplished After Completing Challenging Objectives. Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere. Many Departments & Areas To Suit Your Needs.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Yearly Schedule
Cons
Having No Childcare On Weekends That Were Scheduled
no grow poor leadership
analyzer (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 16, 2016
theres no grow for new people in this company i work for the one in seguin for about 7 months. positions are already taken by those who are the favorites. they want mindless robot to do the work and not complain . if you do complain about their fav people its better you just quit or they'll give you a hard time till you quit.their leadership is horrible too.they got grown adults in charge of areas with no idea how to do their job. and they dont take responsibility when things go bad. if you need a job for a while as you look for a more stable one i say this one would be a good stop by.
Pros
holiday pays.
Cons
bad management . very very bad leadership.
Excellent employer with above average benefits
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILMay 15, 2016
This is an excellent place to work and I highly recommend it to anyone desiring a long term career in manufacturing. The work is interesting and challenging.
Pros
Good benefits
family friendly environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  portadale, GaMay 12, 2016
very family friendly environment with some opportunities for job advancement. employees are expected to be work on time and call in before work schedule if your going be absent from work for the day
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short breaks
A lot of negative energy and horrible working conditions
Prepcook (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 9, 2016
My experience with continental was awful, they treated me as if I were nothing. I wouldn't recommend working for this company unless you like feeling drained half of the time. And getting laid off during the slow seasons
Great company to work for
Property Damage Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
Headquarters in Hanover Germany but North American market prospering. Great training programs, great benefits and room for advancement.
Pros
Bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.