Continental Employee Reviews in United States

friendly work place
test driver (Current Employee) –  Uvalde, TXAugust 22, 2016
Best part of this job is, the days or weeks we have events. Events that we have here are for costumers that are interested in buying tires.so what we do is put continental tires on any vehicle and we test them on highway or gravel to view the quality of the tire after so much milege,breaking etc..
Quality control inspection and Rework
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 16, 2016
The products are receive to tesla workplace need to inspect good quality prepare for production line. Some products need to rework by tesla given update instruction like parts need to drilling hole in correct measurement, modify, trim, measure acuray, and adhesive parts together. We do on schedule by tesla given job need to work to prepare for product lines installation.
Pros
Free coffee, cereals, milk, soda machine and fruits
Good place to work with the exception of the plant manager
Electro/mechanical Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed the job and had high hopes for the job. I would have stayed and retired but I had to drive 100 miles one way to get there. All in all a good place to work. The plant manager was a big red faced screamer. He likes to get scream and yell a lot. Very intimidating to most.
hardest part
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILAugust 7, 2016
every tire looked the same but in all acutality they were not by far. we had to pay very close attention to detail and make sure that we didnt send out bad tires. if that was `to happen then people's lives would be put at` risk
Pros
decent pay
Cons
hot environment
Great company with great employee benefits
Product Engineer, Washer Systems (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 3, 2016
Great company to work for. Good leadership and forward thinking in future technologies. Huge company with lots of processes. Employee need to be quick learner to be effective.
Pros
Large number of opportunities within company
Cons
Many different processes
Productive workplace
ICVT (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAAugust 1, 2016
steady work on this job with normal management and co-workers. the hardest part about this job was not enough workers to do the task every night. Good company to work for.
see resume
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 1, 2016
The Company I work for is a wonderful company. with very good relationships with the customers it service. Enjoyed my time here.
A convenient place to work for.
Final Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  9 Interstate Drive, Somersworth. NH-03878July 31, 2016
The company is very concern with Safety First on the job.
Employees are to understand that quality is crucial to the customers, so all employees are committed to a target of zero defects.
There for they are to do things the right way from the very beginning and set new quality standards together.
Pros
provide drinking water for free
Cons
2 times of break during the shift period.
Great company!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJuly 28, 2016
Overall nice experience! Understanding what employees they have. Management team is wonderful. Giving a good customer experience to clients needs.
Pros
Distance
Cons
Nice staff!
Factory job
crew member (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 24, 2016
Since my job is a temp service, it depends on where I get located. I am currently located at nestle. The only thing I do not like at this job is the management. They lack communication.
Pros
long breaks, lenient
Cons
management
Productive work environment
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 23, 2016
There is plenty of potential to grow within the company and the employers invest in it's employees. I really enjoy my team members because they show the determination to get the task completed. The department management is also very connected to the needs of the employees.
fast paced enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 21, 2016
A standard day was 10 to 12 hours sometimes longer. If you are willing to work hard and long hours there is room for advancement. Management was supportive in the beginning but once you are acclimated they are not seen much. Continental is a large company and once your in your unit you don't get see other Continental employees very often because the accounts are spread out. The hardest part of the job was hiring good staff in a timely manner. Every applicant came from corporate and the process was time consuming. Learned a lot in my time there but the work life balance took its toll after 18 years.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacation & Holidays
Cons
Very long days
Na
Associate Human Relations (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 20, 2016
I have worked there for 4 years now in HR and it has been a fantastic company to work for and with my coworkers. The structure is well established and cannot alter the processes at all thanks to Germany
SAP Analyst & Project Analyst
SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  ContinentalJuly 20, 2016
Continental Automotive, part of SAS Automotive joint venture with Faurecia to directly supply Volkswagen AG, an awesome company with several opportunities and improvements for many different processes.
Great opportunity to understand Automotive industry best practices, work directly with clients and major vendors, be part of development team of new vehicles that will go into market, and many other great traits are what made me rate it a 5-star company.
Although a great company, sometimes it is difficult to manage and reach a consensus between different departments on what the project goals and metrics have to be, but this does not tarnish its ability to grant several opportunities for its employees.
Pros
good environment, uses SAP as ERP tool, several projects always on going.
Cons
May lead to long hours of work depending on your position
Great Job
Curing operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC.July 15, 2016
Great Job .I would recommend this job to anyone. Great people. FUN environment. ....................
I loved working there, and was a very nice work place.
Blowmold operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJuly 14, 2016
I really like my boss TJ marhell! He takes his job very seriously! And the only thing I didn't like was the person they hired for shift lead, she was extremely rude and made people feel uncomfortable! That's the main reason I left
Pros
Paid lunch 12hr shifts
Cons
Some of the people where very rude
Awesome place to work
Technical System Engineer / FSM (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 11, 2016
Continental is the 2nd largest Automotive OEM Supplier. It is a nice place to work, the process are good described. Love to work at Continental.
Pros
4x a week working from home
Wonderful employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 3, 2016
Continental was a wonderful place to work, for the most part. Once they work out all the kinks it will be the job to have in Sumter, SC.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Work schedule is difficult to adjust to, too many people trying to be the boss, no one is on the same page.
Physically demanding, hot, loud, weekends, etc...
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 30, 2016
Maintaining 700 machines, some 40 plus years old, with only 11 techs. It is a chore. Non-stop action. Never get caught up.
Pros
Better than the bread line
Cons
Sometimes it's a 13 hour shift without a break.
Continental AG
Technical Coach (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 24, 2016
Management is truly committed to continuous improvement. Benefits were the best I've had. Able to maintain a good work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.