Continental Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Account Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, NYApril 20, 2017
Poor management, terrible communication, no leadership, no meetings, incorrect punishment.. The people are a good group of to work with. managerial skills are low
A good place to start
Plant Purchasing Buyer (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 19, 2017
The company is good to work for and has a lot of benefits, but the specific location is not employee focused and lacks good leadership to be successful. If you do not want to follow the path that the leaders want you to follow you will not be able to advance.
Good job for the area.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 18, 2017
Not a bad gig. The pay was okay. It was a good job for where I was in life at that time. Not too many employers in Southern Illinois will pay you this much with benefits.
Tire builder
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 14, 2017
Its an ok place to work for but not a place where you can make crazy money not a place you will like to retire from.managemenr was lost had you doing things that was in the companies polices which was completey wrong but they want you to do it to get the job done at hand.
Pros
Friends i meat while i was there, traveled overseas
Cons
Management sucks
Poor management and work environment
Curing Press operator (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 11, 2017
I dislike this job 100%. It is stressful dealing with the management. The senior workers are overlooked in advancement they choose new hires over experienced workers in higher paying positions.
great pay and benefits
Tire builder and inspector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2017
great pay benefits. good people. good management. good teamwork. would love to go back. good fellowship with other employees. had all kinds of programs to get involved in
Pros
grat job
Cons
moved away
Hard work pays off
Cvt builder (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 9, 2017
Manufactured CVT tires. Team oriented . The hardest part of the job was bring on you feet on concrete for 8 to 12 hrs aday. Met a lot of great people hard working people.
When it comes to produce & get the job done, they mean it.
Electro-mechanical Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, ILApril 7, 2017
Great people to be working with, and great support by the specialist in electro-mechanical technicians.
The atmosphere in the departments is great and also happy to part of that company.
Hard labor no reward
Mixing Operator/ Runner (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 7, 2017
The reason this job is ok is because they care about your work not you. Even if issues are dire they care about numbers and not so much quality and or job security. Sad but true!
Booming company
Trucker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 6, 2017
It is a great place to work, excellent benefits, constant work. The pay is great. It has been a while since I have been there, but my step dad works there and he has been there like 15 years so it can't be bad
Very welcoming environment to be around
Vibration Control Test Engineer / Engine Mounts (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 31, 2017
There really isn't a typical day at work. I go from assembling parts to ship to customers. Durability and static testing. Data acquisition and processing the data for customer review. I have gained knowledge to further my testing abilities with MTS Stystems. I'm now a certified CNC programmer and operator. The most enjoyable part of my job is the diversity within the company and also with the work I do. Everyday I'm working on something different.
Fun place to work
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2017
Worked in troubleshooting equipment and conveyers for this tire manufacturing facility. Was a fun step in my electrical career, although I was only able to work here for a short time.
Good hourly workforce / BAD management
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 25, 2017
Great hourly people with good attitudes. Management is very poor, they hire anyone with a degree. The 12 hours shifts are bad and mandatory overtime ALL the time. If you Dont have seniority you work EVERY weekend. Management believes your 1st priority is your job, NOT your family. Benefits are decent but expensive. Constantly run out of parts for production. Never have adequate parts to repair machinery. Servicers refuse to support machinery due to non payment of past bills. Not a good we environment for your health.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Bad management, no support, mandatory overtime, high turnover rate, unhealthy environment, NO family time, bad management decisions, union is bought out by company
An interesting experience.
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 24, 2017
As an intern, I mostly heard negative things about the company. Almost every engineer that I talked to was looking for another job within a year of working there. Working 50-60 hour weeks but only being paid for 40, getting calls in the early hours of the morning, and poor management all contributed to their attitudes.
Producted work place
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 23, 2017
Flexible work schedule- You can pretty much come in any time between 6-10:30am. This is nice if you want to come in and leave without hitting rush hour traffic.
exciting
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILMarch 23, 2017
always something new i never had to get to worried about doing the same thing over and over but the shiftwork was terrible and i want to assume pretty un healthy
Great Company that produces a great product
Production Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 23, 2017
Continental Tire is a great company with a safe and productive workforce. The product is tires, and I highly recommend them to everyone as a safe and reliable tire produced in the USA by some of the best people to work with that you will find anywhere!
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 20, 2017
Going to work did not seem to be a chore and was fun to me because it challenged me to be better than the day before. the people were very self driven and that motivated me to continue to do better.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lots of down time
it was a job, it was fun, it was cold
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 20, 2017
the cars come in i mak dem clean. i work by hour and move lots of snow. people are some time nice and when it not cold it can be nice if no cars to watch i can read magazine .
Productive, and fun face paced work environment
Cell Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 16, 2017
Great company to work for, excellent benefits also. Room for advancement for all employees. Company is in tune with worldwide industry and is up to date with all new innovations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.