Continental Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with great employees
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Excellent place to work;
Outstanding personnel;
Excellent management;
They take care of there employees;
They are able to work around your schedules;
open 24 hours for those wanting to work night shifts;
Work Place
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILFebruary 6, 2017
I learnt how to make tires from the beginning all the way to what happens before shipment. Lab Tech test the rubber, water and adhesive samples from around the plant to build a quality tire.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Unprofessional Management
great pay but poor job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCFebruary 5, 2017
I liked working at continental but the people there was so hateful. I mean hateful. It was great hours to work 12 hour shifts. It definitely could use slot of work but other than that just treat they're employees well and not hateful because that's what runs people off.
Pros
good hours
Cons
hateful people
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 18, 2017
Very busy
Being a team leader and Supervise at times
Great Superviors
Love them like a family
When work got slow
Being around my co-workers, having fun working together.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Short Breaks
Very clean and fast paced environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Always the same thing everyday. But being a Mechanic operator and assembler gave me more experience and I loved learning new things.
very productive workplace with a variety of amenities for employees
Line lead operator (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJanuary 10, 2017
My typical day at work was always a 12 hour shift and it was an interesting job. I learned how a lot of different machines operated and even repaired quite a bit of them. Management was always good to their employees and was always fair. I never had an issue with any co-worker, they were always friendly. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out which machine was messing up and causing some of the units to become scrap. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I really felt like I was on a team because all of the co-workers were like a family.
Pros
free lunches as an award and plenty of days off
Cons
It was hard to get personal time off when you needed it
good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXDecember 31, 2016
good psychical job, controlled air conditioning, good people, some of the executive management bullies. good work hours and good schedule..
Pros
hours
Cons
plant manager
A Culture of Conformity, Not Creativity
Head of Business Line (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 22, 2016
An outstanding brand with outstanding technical capabilities, poorly led and management at the divisional and business unit levels. I can speak only for my experience in a smaller business unit of the Interior Division of Continental Automotive Systems; this should not be taken as a review of the entire company. The culture is one of conformity, not collaboration, and certainly not creativity. Many of the business units are pitted against one another, with overlapping missions and products; the portfolio strategy in the Interior division is muddled. The environment can be highly political, overly bureaucratic, many executives (especially those of the veteran Siemens-VDO organizations) do not prize experience or creativity. Compensation and benefits are very good, work life balance fairly good. Beware of the "two boss" system, which is part of the regional vs. central (Germany) struggle for direction and control. If the organization as a whole was as concerned with the business as it is with politics, it would be an absolute juggernaut. CEO has recognized many issues needing improvement, and he models good behavior, but in this organization, that good behavior is not modeled two or three levels down, where it needs to be. Very hardworking and talented people on the front lines, especially in Engineering.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, technical expertise and know how.
Cons
Expertise and know-how is kept under a bushel by inexperienced political operatives, many of whom are simply there to go along to get along, while their businesses continue on auto-pilot.
Good Company
EE Intern (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILDecember 22, 2016
Great opportunitys to work internationally. Good management.
As an intern, good work life experience even during school.
Continental cannot seem to keep their promises to their employees though.
Pros
International opportunities, decent management
Cons
doesn't keep promises, under payed
Low pay worse work conditions
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXDecember 20, 2016
This is one of the worse jobs I have ever had. I would not recommend it to my worse enemy. HIGH turn over rate. NO one wants to be there and o one wants to stay for good reason.
Pros
they pay you
Cons
countless list of reasons.
100% INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILDecember 16, 2016
I enjoy working for Continental. Best paying job I have ever had plus benefits and all the other perks that come with working here. I enjoy the challenge of my job.
Production Associate
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 13, 2016
Its a very time consuming job but you get the work done in a timely fashion with great success every day. The company is a very good company the train every worker to there best ability. Supervisors make sure everyday that we are all on one accord to meet the numbers of the day.
Pros
great co-workers, environment, supervisors
Decent place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHDecember 11, 2016
ContiTech is a nice place to work, but there are hurdles here and there that need to be passed. The job overall is pretty easy to pick up however. It takes forever to get hired on full after being a temp. ie: usually takes 6 months to a year.
Good company
CONTRACTOR - GENERAL LEDGER / ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIDecember 11, 2016
Good company. Their processes are not that good for a large company. But most of the employees are capable, and most departments seem to be well run. There is pressure and stress in my current role.
Pros
Mostly friendly employees
Cons
Can be stressful work
Good benefits but fast pace work no family life
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILNovember 30, 2016
Been working here for quite some time seen a lot of stuff some which I will not share on this review. But I recently quit my job. But yeah a lot of favoritism and a dedicated worker like me knows so much more than the supervisors but they wont let you move up the chain unless you drink beer after work with them. Women will get by with doing less than a man in my department it seems like. Not only woman but select few guys also. A lot of whining rather than encouragement from a supervisor you will deal with on a regular basis makes your time at work stressful you will learn to ignore it. Co-workers are fine but I just do my job and go home which is the most enjoyable part of the day. Management only cares about production and not quality.
Pros
good pay fair break times + benefits
Cons
favoritism no advacement bad management
Do not work here!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 25, 2016
I started working there last year because my mom has worked there for 30 years. Within my first week they started hating me and my mom and management and HR don't care about you at all. The union also will not help when you go to them to fight something about the situation.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Job culture, management
Challenging
Inside Sales and Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Halstead, KSNovember 16, 2016
I absolutely loved my job, did not agree with the way specific situations were handled by management; however, my focus were my customers. Being an international company, I really enjoyed meeting colleagues from different parts of the world. I appreciated the challenges I was presented with, there was never a dull moment and it kept me on my toes.
Pros
Occasional travel, very busy and fast paced
Cons
Lack of proper communication, corporate office is located in Germany making it difficult to receive prompt responses, certain management
Pay and benfefits are the only good thing about this place
manufacturing and operations (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXNovember 14, 2016
A miserable place to work. The job itself is easy and fast past. The PAG and HR pick and choose who they want to keep around. Favoritism is big here. Nobody in management is in their positions by qualification but by who they know or how much Brown nosing you do. They allow racism and sexism to go on in work environment. If you speak up on any of the unfairness then you are labeled a problem and they will go out of your way to make you miserable.
Benefits
Cons
Its very impersonal and they show favoritism to certain people.
Tire Technician (through temp service) (Former Employee) –  Vernon, ILNovember 3, 2016
I did not care for my job at Continental. They go through a temp agency and instead of a point system like the factory has a temp only gets two occurrences and will then be terminated. Things happen in our lives that are unavoidable. I think they should train longer than they do and the boss of each dept should get to know the new worker's.
Pros
The pay is good.
Cons
There is alot of favoritism that goes on.
Continental was a very fast pace work environment which i loved very much.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXOctober 27, 2016
A typical day at work was always showing up and getting your job done. I learned something new every day and always worked on improving my performance. The people i worked with were always good to talk to and made your day go by so much faster.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.