Continental Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 21, 2016
A standard day was 10 to 12 hours sometimes longer. If you are willing to work hard and long hours there is room for advancement. Management was supportive in the beginning but once you are acclimated they are not seen much. Continental is a large company and once your in your unit you don't get see other Continental employees very often because the accounts are spread out. The hardest part of the job was hiring good staff in a timely manner. Every applicant came from corporate and the process was time consuming. Learned a lot in my time there but the work life balance took its toll after 18 years.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacation & Holidays
Cons
Very long days
Fun people to work with interesting job
mold operator & Welder (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJune 12, 2016
Welded plastic components onto plastic pipe, which was turbo and intake pipe for ford,BMW, and Tesla. After about 4 months a received a small promotion and became a blow mold operator and created the turbo piping rather than just welding components on to it. Management wasnt that great which is part of the reason I left but the job its self was fun. Hardest part of the job is having your blow mold shutting down constantly after running perfect all night. the most enjoyable part of this job was my co workers aside from the operating.
Cons
12 hour shifts
no grow poor leadership
analyzer (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 16, 2016
theres no grow for new people in this company i work for the one in seguin for about 7 months. positions are already taken by those who are the favorites. they want mindless robot to do the work and not complain . if you do complain about their fav people its better you just quit or they'll give you a hard time till you quit.their leadership is horrible too.they got grown adults in charge of areas with no idea how to do their job. and they dont take responsibility when things go bad. if you need a job for a while as you look for a more stable one i say this one would be a good stop by.
Pros
holiday pays.
Cons
bad management . very very bad leadership.
free travel, Good people.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2016
A fresh CEO took the company from worst to first. Now we were proud to be called Continental Employees. We began to respect each other and the customers that paid our bills. In no time we had industry first achievements. We led the way in benefits as well. Now five years after merging with another airline to temporarily be the largest, early retirement was an option that I took. I still reminisce.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
hot in the summer time
This job was very enjoyable
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2016
Multi tasking is a must and comes easily for me.
I started out as there administrative assistant and became a leasing agent in no time.
The management staff was terrific.
Co-Workers were great to work with and to learn from.
Hardest part of the job was informing potential residents that they didn't meet our qualification standards, So we were not able to rent to them.
Enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet all sorts of new people from all over the globe!
Pros
Enjoyed it very much!
Cons
Company Sold all properties in the Orlando area.
SAP Analyst & Project Analyst
SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  ContinentalJuly 20, 2016
Continental Automotive, part of SAS Automotive joint venture with Faurecia to directly supply Volkswagen AG, an awesome company with several opportunities and improvements for many different processes.
Great opportunity to understand Automotive industry best practices, work directly with clients and major vendors, be part of development team of new vehicles that will go into market, and many other great traits are what made me rate it a 5-star company.
Although a great company, sometimes it is difficult to manage and reach a consensus between different departments on what the project goals and metrics have to be, but this does not tarnish its ability to grant several opportunities for its employees.
Pros
good environment, uses SAP as ERP tool, several projects always on going.
Cons
May lead to long hours of work depending on your position
12 hr shifts, no consideration for personal well being
Setter (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 23, 2016
Come here if you want to be stuck for life. No time for school to help move up the ladder. No consideration for your personal health or well being unless it hurts the company financially. Most benefits offered here are either a lie or disappearing altogether. Work life balance is a joke, most days off are spent recouping from the rediculous hours from the days before. Management is also a joke, there is no real effort on there part to make the company better. Basically they stand back and hope the problems go away with as little effort as possible.
Pros
Best pay in the area...
Cons
Everything else
I loved working there, and was a very nice work place.
Blowmold operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJuly 14, 2016
I really like my boss TJ marhell! He takes his job very seriously! And the only thing I didn't like was the person they hired for shift lead, she was extremely rude and made people feel uncomfortable! That's the main reason I left
Pros
Paid lunch 12hr shifts
Cons
Some of the people where very rude
Productive work environment
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 23, 2016
There is plenty of potential to grow within the company and the employers invest in it's employees. I really enjoy my team members because they show the determination to get the task completed. The department management is also very connected to the needs of the employees.
Its a place to work if you want to give up a lot of your time, and your personal life.
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IL 62864March 29, 2016
typical day fast paced, what I learned was scanning tires and to watch out for yourself and others, most of the management was easy to get along with. my co-workers were mostly good workers. the hardest part of the job was the fast pace. the most enjoyable part was going home.
Wonderful employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 3, 2016
Continental was a wonderful place to work, for the most part. Once they work out all the kinks it will be the job to have in Sumter, SC.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Work schedule is difficult to adjust to, too many people trying to be the boss, no one is on the same page.
Electrical design engineer for transmission department
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, ILFebruary 3, 2016
Inefficient processes in handling schematics, reviews, IT software deployment, and absolutely no standardization in "gate reviews" or product milestones. Good place to learn technical details for new engineers but not a great place to make a long term career. People who have been working there for more than 15 years have really low morale and are "waiting for retirement". The different continental locations operate as "silos" due to many companies merging and there's no communication between locations to maximize efficiency in product development or utilizing resources.
Pros
onsite gym, good benefits, decent pay, good time off b/c of shutdown
Cons
long hours during validation, low morale, boring atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 1, 2016
*Best employees to work with
*Challenging job responsibilities, you will never get bored
*Constructive feedback from managers and they are cool, open environment where you have freedom to contradict and give your opinion
Pros
Best Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent starting experience
Research and Development Engineering Co-op (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 18, 2016
Positive work environment with a large department of engineers to gain experience from. An individual has the opportunity to work with a number of different sectors of the conveyor belt industry and learn a broad span of approaches to solving daily problems
A lot of negative energy and horrible working conditions
Prepcook (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 9, 2016
My experience with continental was awful, they treated me as if I were nothing. I wouldn't recommend working for this company unless you like feeling drained half of the time. And getting laid off during the slow seasons
Amazing
Development Engineer Sr (Current Employee) –  Heroica Nogales, SONJanuary 23, 2016
Is the better Company, I've learned so much about manufacture, process, maintenance.

In Continental, I've learned so much about software: MVVM, MVC, MVP, OOP, the infrastructure of Continental is amazing because we have so much servers, and we have freedom to deployment a new applications.

This is years my knowledge is growing because my new responsibilities are redesigns of old products automotive. using embedded system.
Productive Community
Lead Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 18, 2016
Feeling Accomplished After Completing Challenging Objectives. Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere. Many Departments & Areas To Suit Your Needs.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Yearly Schedule
Cons
Having No Childcare On Weekends That Were Scheduled
Great work environment.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work involves me coming in and getting all systems loaded and checking the previous day/nights email and working accounts to either, set up and secure payments and/or get in necessary documentation people need for programs. I learned a lot about time management and working on team, helping field each others calls. Management is very helpful when I have questions about company policy. My co-workers are very helpful with placing calls for me while I'm not in the office, as I do for them. The hardest part of this job is the level of stress it brings. The most enjoyable part is the other people I've gotten to work with, there is a strong sense of community in the work place.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Job security
family friendly environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  portadale, GaMay 12, 2016
very family friendly environment with some opportunities for job advancement. employees are expected to be work on time and call in before work schedule if your going be absent from work for the day
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short breaks
Physically demanding, hot, loud, weekends, etc...
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 30, 2016
Maintaining 700 machines, some 40 plus years old, with only 11 techs. It is a chore. Non-stop action. Never get caught up.
Pros
Better than the bread line
Cons
Sometimes it's a 13 hour shift without a break.