Contingent Network Services LLC.

Contingent Network Services LLC. Employer Reviews

Flexible Work but lacks Growth Potential
Network Service Technician (Current Employee), West Chester, OHSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: set your own schedule, plenty of versatility (never get bored), competitive wage for industry niche
Cons: no advancement potential, no benefits, no set hours, irregular income
There are many firms competing nationwide to serve the networking and IT needs of commercial clients in retail, restaurant and office settings. Contingent Network Services are among the better firms to work with in terms of competitive hourly rates, professionalism and ongoing opportunity to obtain work. Project scope is clearly defined, coordinators – more... are easily reached by phone and the flexibility to accept or reject assignments according to one's availability exists. For someone who wishes to expand their skills, set their own hours or work an additional job on the side, this is ideal work.

This job is one in which the vast majority of field technicians work by phone and email. The nature of the work does not entail benefits, opportunity for advancement, a predictable schedule or income level. Independent contributors are expected to supply their own transportation and tools, and to carry their own workers' compensation (many do not). I am seeking new opportunities, preferably a permanent "in house" IT position, where I can not only receive benefits but opportunities for advancement. – less
Con-Artist
Minuteman (Former Employee), West Chester, OH contracted for N.E. Area (NH, VT)April 4, 2013
Pros: will pay you your first job ( this is the hook)
Cons: will get you to accept additional work and that is it, you will not see a dime of your labor or expenses after that
All started sort of well with my first assignment. Although job took much longer than stipulated on the contract SOW, Project Manager agreed to compensate extra for the time I lost due to there own error, by the way, but got just what the contract SOW pay was, not more like promised. On my second assignment, although hesitant, I accepted 5 more jobs, – more... each assignment roughly 130 miles one way from home. The client is Safe-lite Auto Glass (aka Windshield World). Each site I visited was to have wireless AP installed along with a Fortinet router and verification of 5 land-lines. Upon my arrival I discovered that not only was I to verify the land-lines but also run the wiring for each of those lines to there destinations, build 3 personal computers and verify wireless connections to each. If each computer did not connect I was to verify connectivity issue or move AP so each computer had substantial signal strength, snap pictures of before and after, if any issues arise then call. All sites visited had issues, but I was guaranteed pay regardless if issues were beyond my SOW, which they were. Time building computers, moving around for better signal strength, drilling through walls (cement and wood), terminating to a 66 block, certifying installation, installing AP and configuring router, snapping pics and spending numerous time on the phone for constant issues that could not be resolved and all for $72.00 flat fee is absurd. They tried for me to complete these tasks in an out of scope fashion (Thank God I did not) of which I did not. I believe if a company needs to get a job done right they need to be righteous with there intended actions prior to roll-out, all of which showed signs of neglect, intent to not compensate contractor and total disregard for "EQUAL RIGHTS FOR PAY" and slavery for that matter... If you look at this, this is a form of slavery which I thought was abolished according to the constitution. I wrote numerous emails to the project manager Lynn Payne but the only correspondence I received was an acknowledgement saying she submitted the paper work and she would look into it. She has ignored any follow-up correspondence and to this day still continues to operate her slave labor camp for all who sign up with her or this company. I URGE ALL CONTRACTORS BEFORE ACCEPTING ANY ASSIGNMENTS MAKE A SMALL SEARCH ON COMPANIES BEFORE ACCEPTING ANY ASSIGNMENTS TO AVOID WHAT HAS OCCURRED TO ME HAPPEN TO YOU AS WELL.

GOOD LOOK TO ALL CONTRACTORS IN THEIR JOB SEARCHES

GOD BLESS – less
Busy place to be
Project Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: very busy place, which i like to be busy
Cons: job didn't last long enough, contractor
Enjoyed my job, worked on computer everyday typing proposals, calling/emailing clients to pay their bills, and had a good salary
Great Culture, Fast Growing, Hard Working
Sales and Marketing Rep (Current Employee), West Chester, OhDecember 18, 2012
Pros: fitness center, open work environment, employee culture/events
Cons: no cafeteria on site (yet)
There is no typical day at Contingent because the company is growing fast (inc 5000 fastest growing for 5 straight years) and small enough still that you do many things. The hardest part is managing the priorities of the many different things that come in to do. However, every day I am making an impact on large, highly visible brand name clients in – more... retail, restaurant, consumer goods, etc...
I love the 19 acre company owned campus and that they have a fitness center on campus that I can use. The people are solid, down to earth people and enjoy doing things as a group including a company picnic//bonfire in the summer, a Thanksgiving pot luck where all food is made by the employees. This year we had 10 deep fryers going at once with turkeys! It continues to expand with new buildings coming soon. Management expects a lot and the company is highly goal and metric driven but they are directly engaged and rolls up their sleeves. – less
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHNovember 26, 2012
A good place to work with fun co-workers. Training is avilable on many different devices.
Fast paced work environment
Provisioning Coordinator (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHAugust 5, 2012
Cooridnated and communicated between clients and internet service providers.
Good Company to work for!
On call IT Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: good pay, works with flexable schedule
Cons: may not get a lot of jobs
Fun, love working with people and constantly active.

If you love traaviling this job is for you.
Poor management/ no integrity/ poor quality
project coordinator (Former Employee), Olde West Chester, OHApril 20, 2012
Cons: low compensation/ over worked/ few benefits
This company cares nothing about their employees. They do not provide quality work to their customers. They do not pay their vendors according to contract or in a timely manner! They show no appreciation or thanks to the people who make the company florish.
Good culture on the surface, too much behind the scene politics, pay not very good
Employee (Former Employee), CincinnatiApril 12, 2012
Pros: laid back culture on the surface
Cons: behind the scenes office drama
Good company overall. Don't expect to get paid much though and also don't expect to be able to take it easy on the job too often. They will work you and work you hard for that little amount of pay.
Contingent Network Services uses sub contractors and does not pay them
Contracted IT (Former Employee), OhioJuly 22, 2011
Pros: dispatchers are nice
Cons: refusal to pay
Contingent Network Services sub contracts their work to local technicians promising in their contract to pay within 60 days. In 4 years of doing business with them we have NEVER been paid in less than 120 days. After refusing to take additional dispatches due to slow pay (never payment without calling and pushing for a payment) they stopped paying all – more... together. Now at 8 months and counting on several thousand dollars. – less

October 18, 2011

That is so true. I'm a sub contractor for them and is awaiting payments from jobs 8 months ago. I'm done doing any more work until I'm paid in full.

About Contingent Network Services LLC.

Contingent was originally founded in 1984 as a fiber optic infrastructure services company. Since then, Contingent has dramatically – Read more