Continuum Pediatric Nursing

Continuum Pediatric Nursing Employee Reviews

very unorganized
lpn (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 13, 2014
Pros: children
Cons: scheduling, pay, no reimbursement for long travels, no health insurance, no consistent work
Hired for full time, but not given hours. Even after hounding them for an open scheduling list to be assigned to cases they still never follow up. They advertise as Chicago pediatric nursing, but with my experience they seem like they are a suburb nursing organization leaving you to drive 1-1.5 hours to work with out reimbursement. They seem very unorganized and don't even give written schedules.
Home HealthAide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2014
Assisted patient with daily living,example asssit to bathroom,food preparation, vital signs and nebulizer treatments
Clinical Supervisor
Clinical Supervisor/Field Nurse (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no medical benefits/insurance
Very good home health agency who truly cares about the clients.
Liked my work
LPN (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: scheduled days
Cons: shifts
give meds, bath, perform general nursing care, give therapy
children are the best part of job
LPN Home Health (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 19, 2013
Pros: children
Cons: scheduling
scheduling is very bad. the pay could be better. office is too far.
Very fulfulling work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: the work is fulfilling
I assess my patient; make sure airway is clear, oxygen saturation is within normal limits, temperature, pulse and respiration is within normal range, and the pupillary reflexes are normal.

I administer morning treatment: G-tube feeding and medication

I administer nebulizer treatments and chest physical therapy, and suction, and/or change the trach as needed

Assist patient with Activities of daily living: brush teeth, take a bath and groom. Transfer from bed to chair and vis-versa, and turning and positioning every two hours.

Medication is administered through out the day as prescribed

Changing and/or toileting the patient as needed

I have learnt to be patient. Working in home health involves working directly not only with the patient, but with the patient's family as well

In home health, I work as an indepent contractor so I have learnt how to manage my time to ensure that activities get done on time. Some of my ventilator dependant patients also attend school, so punctuality is a necessity.

In the nursing home environment, as a charge nurse, work on my unit was done as a team. I made sure all the Nursing assistants are carrying the duties efficiently and residents are attend to in proficient and timely manner, and I always helped with resident's Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).

Every job has its own challenges and my belief is that the way you handle the challenge and accomplish it, is what determines how hard the job was.

Yhe most enjoyable part of the job is when you see how happy the patients you take care off are; this is priceless
Very rewarding
LPN (Former Employee), Mclean,VaAugust 26, 2012
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: no loyalty for true dedication...
This was my favorite employer for nearly 4 years until I was let go for not being able to get to work during the winter storm of 2010...
Great schedule but not respected
LPN (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 27, 2012
Pros: rn's always there for back up on telephone
Cons: no respect, this company is a revolving door of employees
no matter how hard you work your not resopected you never leave on time, you are expected to do extra hours without notice. Scheduling department is awful