Continuum Pediatric Nursing Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
LPN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2016
I went to work with continuum right out of nursing school. They always pay you accommodating to your case. They never make you work where you're uncomfortable and have such a great supporting staff. Scheduling is on top of things. Supervisors make sure you're okay at your workplace and follow up with any questions and concerns. So much experience provided through the cases. Such a great company to work for.
lpn
LPN (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 14, 2016
good job great people . good rn supervisor east going workplace felxiable hours and great pay great scheduler . great job sites. greay pay
Caring for fragile, sick children in their homes.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 6, 2015
I would spend my days at work in my patients home. I was responsible for administering prescribed medications and treatments to the child in my care, tending to their unique needs at all times during my shift, never leaving them alone or unattended. I learned how to blend into a families daily routines and become a part of their family. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the death of a young child I had taken care of. The most enjoyable part was feeling that I made a difference in a sick childs life, by taking care of them in their homes, surrounded by their families when they would have otherwise have been confined to a institutional facility that could meet their needs.
Pros
Helping families stay together
Cons
Having patients pass away
questionable employer
nurse (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJune 3, 2015
This company attempts to push the limits right to the end. I left being scared of my license being taken away from those things that were encouraged from top administrators.
Great employer
LPN (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 22, 2014
I was impressed with their dedication to treating me like a valued member of the team.
very unorganized
lpn (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 13, 2014
Hired for full time, but not given hours. Even after hounding them for an open scheduling list to be assigned to cases they still never follow up. They advertise as Chicago pediatric nursing, but with my experience they seem like they are a suburb nursing organization leaving you to drive 1-1.5 hours to work with out reimbursement. They seem very unorganized and don't even give written schedules.
Pros
children
Cons
scheduling, pay, no reimbursement for long travels, no health insurance, no consistent work
Home HealthAide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2014
Assisted patient with daily living,example asssit to bathroom,food preparation, vital signs and nebulizer treatments
Clinical Supervisor
Clinical Supervisor/Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 15, 2014
Very good home health agency who truly cares about the clients.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no medical benefits/insurance
Liked my work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2014
give meds, bath, perform general nursing care, give therapy
Pros
scheduled days
Cons
shifts
children are the best part of job
LPN Home Health (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 19, 2013
scheduling is very bad. the pay could be better. office is too far.
Pros
children
Cons
scheduling
Very fulfulling work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 9, 2013
I assess my patient; make sure airway is clear, oxygen saturation is within normal limits, temperature, pulse and respiration is within normal range, and the pupillary reflexes are normal.

I administer morning treatment: G-tube feeding and medication

I administer nebulizer treatments and chest physical therapy, and suction, and/or change the trach as needed

Assist patient with Activities of daily living: brush teeth, take a bath and groom. Transfer from bed to chair and vis-versa, and turning and positioning every two hours.

Medication is administered through out the day as prescribed

Changing and/or toileting the patient as needed

I have learnt to be patient. Working in home health involves working directly not only with the patient, but with the patient's family as well

In home health, I work as an indepent contractor so I have learnt how to manage my time to ensure that activities get done on time. Some of my ventilator dependant patients also attend school, so punctuality is a necessity.

In the nursing home environment, as a charge nurse, work on my unit was done as a team. I made sure all the Nursing assistants are carrying the duties efficiently and residents are attend to in proficient and timely manner, and I always helped with resident's Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).

Every job has its own challenges and my belief is that the way you handle the challenge and accomplish it, is what determines how hard the job was.

Yhe most enjoyable part of the job is when you see how happy the patients you take care off are; this is priceless
Pros
the work is fulfilling
Very rewarding
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mclean,VaAugust 26, 2012
This was my favorite employer for nearly 4 years until I was let go for not being able to get to work during the winter storm of 2010...
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
no loyalty for true dedication...
Great schedule but not respected
LPN (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 27, 2012
no matter how hard you work your not resopected you never leave on time, you are expected to do extra hours without notice. Scheduling department is awful
Pros
rn's always there for back up on telephone
Cons
no respect, this company is a revolving door of employees

Continuum Pediatric Nursing Reviews by Location