Continuum of Care Employee Reviews in United States

Great job to gain experience working with individauls of varies population
Life Skills Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 12, 2016
Continuum of care offers great opportunities in working with individuals who have disabilities. This company assist individuals with become independent and being excepted into the community.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low wages
Productive and growing fast company
Staff (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 6, 2016
Work with individuals on improving their daily living and independence. Management works well with staff. Provide all in-house trainings.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Tuition Reimbursement
No promotional opportunities for the minorities that apply to them
mental health worker (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 26, 2015
The hardest part of the job is knowing that your immediate supervisor does not value your role. I have been well qualified for a couple of career advancement opportunities within the company and have been turned down.
A productive and humbling place to work
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 23, 2015
Taking care of clients everyday task... Such as personal hygiene, banking, Dr. appts, grocery shopping and housekeeping.
Pros
hjelping others
not a job to retire at.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 31, 2015
I like it but, i need a career i could retire from. i enjoy helping the population we work with. i enjoying helping my clients to get their life together.
Pros
helping people in need.
Cons
over work under pay
Unprofessional Management, No Voice
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, ctApril 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working one on one with this population and enjoyed the flexibility of hours that this job allowed. Unfortunately, management was not as great. They were unprofessional most times and conducted themselves in a way that undermined and belittled their employees. Issues were never solved rather just heard and pushed under the rug. Job can be stressful at first but it definitely becomes easier once you learn how to work with this specific population.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor management
okay place to work
Recovery Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 26, 2015
would be better if they gave more info on clients before you start working with them.
management could be better.
do not get to meet other co workers too often
It was a grear learning experience
Community Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgepor CTMarch 15, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. I was able to facilitate groups, working with people in recovery. I had a good rapport with clients as well as my co workers.
Pros
clients
Cons
poor management
GREAT job to work for
residential assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 12, 2014
i love doing what i do for work. great atmosphere. The management is very understanding and try to accommidate u when need time off. They give u plenty of vacation and sick time. i became medication certified. and i got cpr and first aide certified.
flexible hours. Very stressful
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New HavenDecember 1, 2014
Typical day involves daily care of mental health patients. Typically working alone with no supervisor. Management is hard to get get a hold of and when you do nobody has answers to help solve a problem
Pros
no lunch breaks even if you work 16 hours
Cons
free to make your own daily plans
Gives you a sense of what each client's needs are and a friendly professional experience
Per Diem Community Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 7, 2014
I am currently working at Continuum and so far, my experience has been very positive. I have supervisors and case managers who are willing to work with me and provide support with any questions or inquiries I may have regarding the job position. What I like about the company is the capacity to grow and I hope to gain valuable experience to further my professional career regarding mental health.
Productive and
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 13, 2014
Teamwork was an important part of the job. I enjoyed assisting the adults in the group home setting with counseling, adult daily living, socializing, advocating and proud to see progress with the residents according to the treatment plan.
Pros
the experience i obtained.
Cons
leaving the patients i had the privilege to care for and the co-workers i worked with.
Case Management within an urban setting
Life Skills Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 19, 2014
There is not a typical planned day as individual situations occur on a daily basis. Our organization is part of the housing division which primarily services residents who reside in public housing complexes. Our doors are always opened to our clientele who need counseling/clinical services; require assistance with re-determination applications from the Department of Social Services; advocacy; apartment inspections; assistance with job applications and resumes; and crisis intervention. My co-workers and I facilitate each others expertise to assist our clientele since our office is small. At times when there is not enough help, things can get chaotic our management team is the best apart of why we all come into work. We all work well as a team and help each other.
Pros
able to work indenpendently and report to my managers if problems arise
Cons
not enough time in the day/not paid well
Great company to work for.
Community Support Assistant/Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 30, 2013
Typical day of work is based on the monthly schedule. As a CSA I am able to add activities to the schedule based on what clients desire to help integrate them with the community.
I am afforded opportunities to educate myself on the population I work with and invited to attend non-mandatory workshops on interesting topics such as culture, ethics etc.
Management is very good, I am able to talk to my supervisors about new ideas and provided I have the will to execute them, I am encouraged to do so and given adequate resources to complete them.
Co-workers are very good as well. We work as a team and support each other. This not only makes the job more enjoyable, but also helps the clients get the best possible help due to our strong communication.
The hardest part of the job is motivating individuals to do things which are essential for them, such as cleaning and exercising, after extended hospitalizations where these tasks were either not asked of them or done for them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing someone do something new that you have never seen them do before. Seeing a person begin to realize their potential can be moving.
Pros
good compensation, great people to work with
Cons
red tape, paperwork
Clients were worth the working experience.
Life Skills Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at Continuum was never the same. I've learned that when dealing with consumers with mental illness you always should double check your paperwork and finances. I found that working as a team player makes your job a lot easier. I think that the hardest part of the job would be assuring entitlements for the consumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was see the smile on the consumers face when they have accomplished the goals.
Pros
over educated.
Cons
management is not open for suggestions.
Excellent work environment where people are not only great team members they're like family. Everyone does what they need to get the job done.
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 11, 2013
-A typical day at work is I come in and read the log notes on all the clients to see what type of day I may have (dr. appt. shopping, etc). Myself an another staff pick up the clients from day program, return home and provide them with snack. I may need to assist in a protective hold after snack due to an overly stimulated client until the excitement of the afternoon calms down. During downtime I due paperwork, prep dinner, and I or another staff will get meds ready. Pm ADLs are taken care of and around this time I complete log notes and get ready to head home.
-I've learned how to work with a larger number of coworkers and be more patient at work. I've also learned that communication is the key to successful teamwork.
-My manager is very easy to get along with. She's hands on, follows through and is always reachable. Whenever there's an issue she assures that it's taken care of.
-My co-workers are great individuals. They're good at what they do and enjoy doing it. It can be seen by anyone that walks into our facility. We make a great team.
-The hardest part of my job is doing protective holds. It can happen at anytime, in the calmest moment. It could be 20 minutes before you go home and you end up there for an hour longer than you anticipated.
-Being able to work with so many other people that get along and work so well together in order to ensure the safety and well being of our clients
Pros
great co-workers, great clients. healthy work environment
Nice place to get started in this filed of work
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 21, 2013
i dont wanna write this i dont understand what this has to do wityh me looking for another job
Productive and fun environment
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 19, 2013
A typical day at work is like being with family, our residents teach us how to have patience, love and how to let the old out and bring in the new. We have changed management but we are open to learn about them and have an open mind.
Pros
learning everyday skills
Good Workplace....
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  6511August 9, 2012
Nice mission and good supervisors... Clients are nice and interesting. Office politics are not as volatile as most of workplaces.
A nice place to work
Life Skills Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 7, 2012
I enjoy working here but seem to be hard to move up. But overalll a good company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continuum of Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9