Continuum of Care Employee Reviews

My summary
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 8, 2017
I was provide with lots of training opportunities. I like my co-workers. I feel my career options are limited at Continuum of Care.
I appreciate the growth opportunities, which had been presented to me. I've been warned not to speak with the CEO.
Pros
Not over worked
Cons
No real breaks
Assist clients with basic living skills on a day to day basis to help them learn how to become independent.
Recovery Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 4, 2017
A typical day at work includes me administrating client's meds, making sure they eat sometime I prepare meals for them. I usually prompt the client's to take care of basic hygiene (brushing teeth, bathing). I also make sure clients have transportation to and from doctor's appointments and schedule future appointments for them because a lot of them aren't capable of doing so. Most importantly, I make sure clients are living in a safe environment and I make sure to meet all their needs, questions or concerns. The hardest part of my job sometimes is getting the clients to cooperate, most of them are stubborn and want things done their way only. The most enjoyable part of my job is building a bond with my client and earning their trust.
Pros
company is very diverse and offers many opportunities and programs for employees to grow
Cons
client has the ability to refuse to answer door for employees, clients can fire them if they decide they don't want their assistance anymore
pretty good company
Residential Assistant/Job coach (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 31, 2017
Good company good benefits. Need more incentives for promotion of employees. Excellent sick,vacation and personal time. Excellent HR department. Checks are always on time.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Needs more incentives for employees.
Very nice place to work
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 13, 2017
I enjoy working at continuum.I have met good working staff.The participants are friendly and love to hang around staff to learn more some are independent..
Pros
They recognize after 10 years of service
productive work place
Developmental Disability Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 15, 2017
enjoyed working here and working with my peers. helpful. was able to learn new tasks. met new people & did activities with residents, would recommend to others.
Awesome Job
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 10, 2017
I loved working here! I only stopped working because I gave birth to twins and could find childcare for second shift hours. I always felt I had a lot of support. I especially felt this from the main office. They always went above and beyond for!!! They make it a great place to work for. Great opportunities for advancement as well. Diligence gets you very far here.
Pros
Very fulfilling job
Cons
Lack of daytime hours
Could be better
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 31, 2017
Could be better. Could have better management. Could offer better pay. Each day is different. you never know what to expect. No one day is typical. Management is sometimes hard to get a hold of. They can have very negative attitudes most times. I do however enjoy my clients and that's why I keep doing my job. Passing medication is actually a easy part of the job as long as you follow the directions.
Pros
Awesome clients
Cons
No breaks, never know what to expect when coming to work
it is what you make it
per diem (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 14, 2016
I love this agency and the clients and I learned so much. However horrible management. Working in several programs management is horrible, rude, many lack the competence and knowledge of how to talk to people. You will learn on your own so get the experience but expect zero support from management who are unappreciative of hard work.
Pros
clients and co workers
Cons
management
Love this agency
Case Manager/ Life Skills Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 1, 2016
Very organized and out pour of team efforts with plenty of opportunity for growth. Different programs for different needs all over the state of CT.
new experiences everyday
Educational Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 12, 2016
I would discuss the shift with my managers at the start of the shift. I was required to pick up the ladies from their jobs and then I would transport them to various appointments. The rest of the day would consist of preparing their dinner and assisting them with though out the house. Documentations through out the shift.
Pros
flexabilty
Cons
co-workers not always team players

Want to know more about Continuum of Care?

Ask a question
Great job to gain experience working with individauls of varies population
Life Skills Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 12, 2016
Continuum of care offers great opportunities in working with individuals who have disabilities. This company assist individuals with become independent and being excepted into the community.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low wages
Productive and growing fast company
Staff (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 6, 2016
Work with individuals on improving their daily living and independence. Management works well with staff. Provide all in-house trainings.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Tuition Reimbursement
No promotional opportunities for the minorities that apply to them
mental health worker (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 26, 2015
The hardest part of the job is knowing that your immediate supervisor does not value your role. I have been well qualified for a couple of career advancement opportunities within the company and have been turned down.
A productive and humbling place to work
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 23, 2015
Taking care of clients everyday task... Such as personal hygiene, banking, Dr. appts, grocery shopping and housekeeping.
Pros
hjelping others
not a job to retire at.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 31, 2015
I like it but, i need a career i could retire from. i enjoy helping the population we work with. i enjoying helping my clients to get their life together.
Pros
helping people in need.
Cons
over work under pay
Unprofessional Management, No Voice
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, ctApril 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working one on one with this population and enjoyed the flexibility of hours that this job allowed. Unfortunately, management was not as great. They were unprofessional most times and conducted themselves in a way that undermined and belittled their employees. Issues were never solved rather just heard and pushed under the rug. Job can be stressful at first but it definitely becomes easier once you learn how to work with this specific population.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor management
okay place to work
Recovery Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 26, 2015
would be better if they gave more info on clients before you start working with them.
management could be better.
do not get to meet other co workers too often
It was a grear learning experience
Community Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgepor CTMarch 15, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. I was able to facilitate groups, working with people in recovery. I had a good rapport with clients as well as my co workers.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Poor management
GREAT job to work for
residential assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 12, 2014
i love doing what i do for work. great atmosphere. The management is very understanding and try to accommidate u when need time off. They give u plenty of vacation and sick time. i became medication certified. and i got cpr and first aide certified.
flexible hours. Very stressful
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New HavenDecember 1, 2014
Typical day involves daily care of mental health patients. Typically working alone with no supervisor. Management is hard to get get a hold of and when you do nobody has answers to help solve a problem
Pros
no lunch breaks even if you work 16 hours
Cons
free to make your own daily plans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continuum of Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9