The Sr. Network Design Engineer will be lead in a Naval Engineering Directorate for conceiving and developing integrated naval ship designs; providing life cycle engineering and management (including fleet support) for combat systems integration; and supporting technology and system RDT&E programs.
Position Details: full-time
Work Location: Onsite work will be at the Washington Navy Yard but some travel may be required to visit Shipyards, field activities, government and commercial industrial and research facilities.
Shift: day shift (coverage is 8 hours anytime between 6am – 5pm)
- 8-10 + years of enterprise networking experience
- Minimum BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with, testing and troubleshooting at multiple layers of the OSI model
- Experience with various IETF, ITU and IEEE networking protocols, recommendations and standards such as VRRP, SIP, DiffServ, H.323, 802 family.
- C/C++/scripting skills
- Experience developing, testing and integrating enterprise network and/or network connected products
- Familiarity with network security implementation
- Ability to work across diverse organization to resolve individual system network issues
- MUST have a SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with embedded software and or hardware development
- Experience with Linux kernel, VxWorks or other network component operating systems
- Experience with industrial protocols such as PROFINET and Modbus/TCP
- Experience with military protocols such as STANAG 4156 and NTDS
- Specialization in any assembly languages
- Certifications Required: Net+/A+, Security+, CCDP and/or CCNP
- Certification Desired: CISSP, ITILv3F
- Functions as an expert advisor on Enterprise network Infrastructure. Provides advice and guidance on all aspects of network/systems engineering, both as requested and on own initiative.
- Provides technical solutions for specific systems and equipment. Utilizes knowledge of industry and government-wide practices, of technological developments and breakthroughs of techniques and methods which have proven successful. Will also draws on the expertise of Navy, DoD, other government departments, industry and academic experts.
- Will support audits and directs technical assessments of warfare systems programs. The person will support Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) panels for warfare systems assigned board, both cyclically and on the ad-hoc basis, including appropriate on-site reviews. This person will support Technical Review Panels, at any phase of the life cycle, using technical, financial and contracting personnel as judged appropriate.
Indeed - 5 months ago