Contour is looking for a senior technical architect/application developer with experience on the Windows and MacOS platform. The main task of this role is to own development and maintenance of a newly conceived desktop application. This application will exist in two incarnations: as a native Windows, and native MacOS version, with possibly shared non-UI code.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
Because you will get to work with a small team to architect and build a simple, connected, multi-platform solution for an audience of users that are creating cool content every day.
Because you want to use a Contour camera to create your own amazing content, and you want to be in a position to make it easier to create, manage and share that interesting content with your family and friends.
Because you are a rockstar, and you want to be at a job where you can point to something and say "I made that".
- Architect, design and implement a newly conceived desktop application.
- Be a key member of Contour’s software team, (for now) solely responsible for all aspects of desktop software development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Provide technical support to our customer support team, as needed.
- Maintain our existing desktop client (“Storyteller”), which includes fixing critical defects, adding support for upcoming cameras, and deploying new versions as required.
- Document, present, and discuss with the software team, major technology and architectural decisions.
- Collaborate with UX and Design team members during product definition and software design phases
- Collaborate with our QA team during test cycles.
- Own deployment and installation of the desktop client for MacOS and Windows.
- Use Git to maintain source code and be open to take part in code reviews.
- Provide scoping estimates for tasks and projects.
- Work closely with mobile, camera, and web teams to integrate into the Contour system appropriately and provide a consistent user experience
Skills & Requirements
- 8+ years overall experience in application development
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience developing MacOS native application using Objective C.
- Demonstrated experience developing Microsoft Windows native application using one of the state-of-the-art technologies to build standalone applications that can be downloaded, installed and run on Windows OS.
- Demonstrated experience creating network/Internet solutions (i.e. HTTP, REST, JSON, SSL, …)
- Previous experience as technical lead and/or first line manager
- Experience with at least one mobile platform (Android, iOS, …)
- Experience with Trolltech Qt (to be able to do limited work on our existing desktop client).
- Experience with behavior/test driven development
About Contour Inc.
Contour is a Seattle area start-up that is enabling modern day explorers to tell their video story of action adventure and travel. The Contour platform of a hands-free video camera, apps and online community are bringing video, location, and social sharing together into a simple easy to use product. Started out of the UW business plan compeition, Contour has grown from two people to one of the fastest growing companies in the US, making #7 on the Inc500 in 2011.
Leading the way in making action video easy to shoot and share, Contour is dedicated to creating simple tools that enable hands-free capture and effortless sharing of video online with the world.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Contour is a Seattle area start-up that is enabling modern day explorers to tell their video story of action adventure and travel. The...