CONTRA COSTA COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Productive and exciting work environment.
Parenting Class Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 3, 2017
Productive and rewarding workplace! Challenging, exciting and fulfilling. The students are mostly underachievers, but very willing to learn and apply what they have learned to real life situations
Pros
Good work environment
Productive and divert.
Substitute Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 10, 2017
The Contra Costa Office of Education is a place where you can work with confident and have a future goal. The personnel are very supportive and culturally helpful.
Work with some of the most talented and brilliant folks EVER!
Educator/Teacher/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJune 23, 2017
The CCCOE Parolee Education programs is one of the VERY best, most comprehensive educational, college and career readiness programs in California designed to assist parolees with a successful transition back into society.
Excellent experience with this position
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJune 1, 2017
Loved working with special needs children and the people that I worked with in this field. Would recommend the job to someone that is interested in working with children.
District Payroll Audit Specialist
Disrict Payroll Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 29, 2016
Good company to work for as far as stability goes; however there is NO OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH HERE.

High turnover in the Payroll department due to an unprofessional manager currently managung this unit. The culture in this group is that of a high-school clique. You are either in or out! I was so happy, and thankful that I was able to get out of this department. So think twice if you want to be in a petty environment before considering accepting this role. Oh yeah, if you are not in the "in crowd" your co-workers will watch your every move and report back to management.

If you are an efficient worker, be ready to pick up your colleagues additional duties even though they are veterans. They (veterans) do just enough to get by, so you can pick up their slack and management doesn’t see a problem with that, and that should raise a RED FLAG!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free parking, catered lunches, 4/10's in the summer
Cons
Management is stuck in a box and any suggestions outside of the box are frowned upon.
Challenging and fun
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJanuary 8, 2016
I enjoyed all the opportunities I had with Contra Costa County Office of Education. I worked both as a paraprofessional and Substitute teacher
Fun and manageable
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAOctober 10, 2015
Every classroom is wonderful! the Children are very fun and happy! The biggest thing i have learned was that life is too short to not being doing something you love! The children really do teach you a lot.
Pros
children, breaks
Cons
unpaid breaks
Very Encouraging Company
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 19, 2015
Lovely Company, to work for, be apart of & build with. I learned alot during my time working with this company. Great staff, amazing kids & opportunities.
Love it!
Substitute Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 24, 2014
I love working with the students and the staff is awesome. We take pride in the work we do and I look forward to going there everyday.
n/a
Pe teacher / IA (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Enjoy working with the kids ..And biulding youg men and watching them off to college.
I wish I never moved
Substitute Assistant Instructor for K-12 (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 9, 2013
I moved away and never looked back, well actually I did and I missed this job. It was really alot of fun to help take care of the kids and be a part of the school system!
Pros
lunch time and playing in the yard with kids with special needs was cool.
Cons
some times it was very difficult, not many cons here though
Alternative Eduacation is an exciting component in the CCCOE
Title I Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 22, 2012
Alternative Education is populated dedicated people who provide services for a variety of students. They do this under any and all circumstances. Personally, I enjoy working for the CCCOE, and working with its staff and personnel.
Pros
diverse population
Cons
under-resourced classrooms