CONTRA COSTA COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

District Payroll Audit Specialist
Disrict Payroll Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 29, 2016
Good company to work for as far as stability goes; however there is NO OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH HERE.

High turnover in the Payroll department due to an unprofessional manager currently managung this unit. The culture in this group is that of a high-school clique. You are either in or out! I was so happy, and thankful that I was able to get out of this department. So think twice if you want to be in a petty environment before considering accepting this role. Oh yeah, if you are not in the "in crowd" your co-workers will watch your every move and report back to management.

If you are an efficient worker, be ready to pick up your colleagues additional duties even though they are veterans. They (veterans) do just enough to get by, so you can pick up their slack and management doesn’t see a problem with that, and that should raise a RED FLAG!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free parking, catered lunches, 4/10's in the summer
Cons
Management is stuck in a box and any suggestions outside of the box are frowned upon.
Fun and manageable
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAOctober 10, 2015
Every classroom is wonderful! the Children are very fun and happy! The biggest thing i have learned was that life is too short to not being doing something you love! The children really do teach you a lot.
Pros
children, breaks
Cons
unpaid breaks
Very Encouraging Company
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 19, 2015
Lovely Company, to work for, be apart of & build with. I learned alot during my time working with this company. Great staff, amazing kids & opportunities.
Love it!
Substitute Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 24, 2014
I love working with the students and the staff is awesome. We take pride in the work we do and I look forward to going there everyday.
n/a
Pe teacher / IA (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Enjoy working with the kids ..And biulding youg men and watching them off to college.
I wish I never moved
Substitute Assistant Instructor for K-12 (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 9, 2013
I moved away and never looked back, well actually I did and I missed this job. It was really alot of fun to help take care of the kids and be a part of the school system!
Pros
lunch time and playing in the yard with kids with special needs was cool.
Cons
some times it was very difficult, not many cons here though
Alternative Eduacation is an exciting component in the CCCOE
Title I Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 22, 2012
Alternative Education is populated dedicated people who provide services for a variety of students. They do this under any and all circumstances. Personally, I enjoy working for the CCCOE, and working with its staff and personnel.
Pros
diverse population
Cons
under-resourced classrooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONTRA COSTA COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5