CONTRA COSTA COUNTY Employee Reviews

We need someone to step up and develop policies and procedures
Community support worker ll (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAMay 15, 2017
I enjoy working with the patients however I do not get very consistent opportunity I enjoy the support of the doctors and one of the behaviorist being able to talk to a severely mentally ill patient and convince and encourage them into treatment.
Pros
Mental health patients
Cons
No policies or work flow
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAApril 21, 2017
Great place to work, this job was temporary. I enjoyed staying busy and the people I worked with. It was convenient and close to home.
I worked as a custodian and cleaned classrooms
Cons
Very fun and nice place to work
PeopleSoft Benefits Lead (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAMarch 10, 2017
I had the pleasure of working with wonderful individual with awesome knowledge and understand of the application. This range from the Managers, Staffs and fellow consultants.
This was very productive
Wonderful leader (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Working in this office was quite something new. I've never been employed. I love working wit others. Its always been something positive in me, knowing I'm helping someone makes me feel like a great person.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hard work
Great place to gain experience if you are new to healthcare
Unit Clerk - ICU/Public Health (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Worked here for 9 years. Retirement was a good plan but the salary pushed me to SF. Management isn't very supportive of the employees. Work culture needs more diversity.
A good place to start but not the place to retire due to low retirement benefits.
Clerical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, CA 94520September 1, 2016
Working environment is not as conducive for promotion. Its a good starter for younger generation. The set up can sometimes looked at many red tapes because of politics and governmental compliances to different service programs.
Pros
Can transfer anywhere within the department
Cons
Very little pay for a a big responsibility
Very professional, friendly customers
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 8, 2016
When working for this office you HAVE to know about computers, they have very minimal training so you have to be a quick learner. Required attire is business casual.
Pros
good references, holidays and weekends off
Cons
minimal training
rewarding
SENIOR LEVEL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJune 4, 2016
Working for Contra Costa County was interesting and very rewarding. Like all companies, some of its regulations don't make sense and are not helpful to its employees. I enjoyed working there because I love helping others and that is exactly what I got to do. It is a very busy and stressful place to work, but knowing that I helped someone made it worth it.
good place
Experience Level clerk (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAMarch 31, 2016
The hardest thing about working there was sad because there weren't enough appointment's to give to the patient's and it was very complicated...
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short breaks
An Outstanding Environment to Work,for a Career and Retire.
Social Worker; Fingerprint Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 3, 2016
Great across the board benefits. In-house training and educational opportunities. Pleasant connection with Human Resources and Management in assistance with Departmental training and transfer within or external to other units or departments such as Umbrella: Employment and Human Services to Court Services, Fire Department, Juvenile and Adult Services. Great, Great, Great!
Poor rating in 2015-2016
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Low employee moral, No vision and medical is expensive. Not enough workers for the type of work. Instructions vary from worker to worker district to district. No consistency and some of the leadership is questionable.
Cons
Healthcare
Awesome to be self-employed
True Cleaning-Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAFebruary 14, 2016
When I became self-employed cleaning houses, I had expected it to be a temporary arrangement. However, I felt that it worked out well for my family because my children were young and I was able to have a flexible schedule with raising them. It gave me the opportunity to pick my children up from school and had the time to take morning walks. The money was good as well and it felt good knowing that I was making someone's life easier and being appreciated.
Pros
Setting own schedule, home setting, picking time off for vacations and holidays
Cons
Did not get paid if I were sick or took a vacation, had to pay for my own benefits
Multicultural, diverse and fun place to work.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Diverse and fun place to work. Opportunities for advancement and competitive salaries.

Various departments each with it's own culture and job opportunities.
Pros
promotional opportunities
benefits
Professional group
Social Services Program Assistance (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAOctober 18, 2015
The management and co workers were professional and helpful. Advancement was encouraged and training was available.
Government Agency
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CASeptember 2, 2015
I maintained Contra Costa County accounts payable database and prepared the county’s budget reports.

I processed large volume of county accounts payable into county accounting data base. I also assisted CFO prepare budget reports.
Working was fun, job was interesting, lots of learning opportunities.
IT Customer Service Manager. (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 29, 2015
I was very particular about honesty, integrity and team spirit. I always led by example and always told my juniors, 'no job is too small; if I can do it then you can do it too'. Seniors were helpful and cooperative. I always found myself encouraging and training the younger staff. There was job pressure of course, but I had built a team of positive people and with me leading, 99% of the time we were able to meet deadlines. There were some difficult people as well, but slowly and steadily I single handedly was able to convert them. Lunch hour was always a time to unwind and share and I made sure at least once a week the entire staff had lunch together; this really brought out the best in people and they were always willing to share their experiences with others and built a great team and boosted everyone's morale.
Pros
great team, great working environment
Cons
just because you have been with the company the longest does not mean you know the most.
Professionally enriching environment!
Accounts Receivable Payable (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAAugust 14, 2015
My colleagues are always professional, helpful and supportive. Family-like environment, I'm thankful to be surrounded by motivators who constantly encourage one another to give 110% each and everyday.
Contra Costa County
Employment & Human Services (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAAugust 14, 2015
this is a great company to work for and you get a lot of learning from this company with people and co-workers and you meet a lot of great people at the county.
very enjoyable
RN Per Diem (Former Employee) –  San PabloJuly 15, 2015
It is a good platform for up coming nurses, decent management, and co-workers are also helpful. The job overall is pretty simple, and very enjoyable.
Ok place to work
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond CaJune 30, 2015
Love my co workers that's the plus you meet new friends not much to say about organization. Hopefully things change with how they run they business this is an government agency so who knows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONTRA COSTA COUNTY. Our community is ready to answer.