Contra Costa Times

Contra Costa Times Employer Reviews

The weekdays are pleasant and weekends extremely busy!
Newspaper person (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: lite work mon- wed tough work th-su.
Cons: no medical or car expense repairs.
The customers are the company without their support their would be no work. My customers went out of their way to be nice to me and I really appreciate their kindness.
It was my first office job.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: have my own office space.
Cons: no benifits.
I liked working there in an office environment. I used a lot of problem solving to help customers with there complaints.
Excellent experience in learning building ads and full-page covers for special sections.
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee), Antioch, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: great people to work with.
Actually at sister paper of Contra Cost Times, The Ledger Dispatch in Antioch, CA. Working with the art-team was very educational but as news websites have taken over, work security has been shakey at best.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Roll Tender (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits
I WAS VERY PLEASE TO WORK AT THIS COMPANY
THIS COMPANY HAD A GOOD BENEFITS PLAN AND
A GOOD MANAGMENT
More than a bike and a cart is needed for this run
Carrier (Former Employee), Antioch, CAJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free newspaper
Cons: wear and tear on mind, body, soul, and vehicle
Simply put, the new-age paper carriers aren't ones on bicycles. They are men and women who drive their personal vehicles from house to house before sunrise to run a route, 7 days a week. While seems like fun out the gate, you'll realize, that loading up your car with newspapers in the amounts of 200 to 800, can be very disheartening. The idea of being that person to bring their news to their doorsteps is kind of nice. The reality is, its tough work. Unless you pay someone else to run your route, you never get a day off & getting up to run errands after that is even more tough. Your car will have a love/hate relationship with you in no time.

About Contra Costa Times

GROWTH is a tradition for Contra Costa Newspapers. The company was founded in 1947 by the late Dean S. Lesher, whose early vision – Read more