Pay Rate: $40-$45/hour
Emphasis is on JAVA Scripting, JAVA development understanding, Web services, HTML, and automation.
The Test Engineer will be an essential contributor supporting testing needs throughout the entire software development lifecycle. Will work closely with other team members in an agile programming atmosphere developing the cutting-edge interactive applications that make DIRECTV the best television experience in the world. Must be a results-driven and self-directed individual interested in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements.
Software QA Engineer will be expected to:
- Prepare test plans and test cases derived from system requirements and product backlogs.
- Organize test plans, test runs, test data and test cases within SpiraTest, JIRA and SVN.
- Keep track of overall project testing progress via the creation of dashboards that indicate project-testing status.
- Estimate testing effort of new and existing products based on high-level requirements and service descriptions.
- Create testing environments including the installation and configuration of Operating Systems, Web Servers, Application Servers and Servlet Containers (such as JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience in web services
- Design, create, audit and execute unit tests using jUnit.
- Create and document deployment procedures.
- Write, and execute queries on both MySQL and Oracle database systems.
- Demonstrate an exceptional understanding of object oriented design concepts.
- Identify, design and develop test tools to improve the testing process.
- Identify and create methods to convert manual testing into automated, repeatable tests.
- Be able to accurately describe and/or present highly technical designs and systems to a non-technical audience (both verbally and written).
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multitask multiple priorities.
- Occasionally supervise the launch of various on-air services during irregular hours (evenings and weekends).
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent area of study.
- Minimum of three years of experience in software quality assurance
- Practical experience testing, developing and deploying web-based and J2EE applications required.
- Background or familiarity with interactive television or mobile application development strongly desired.
- Proficient in T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- Experience building and testing Web 2.0 applications using AJAX.
- Experience in configuration management and revision control using SVN or CVS.
- Proficient with the Linux command line environment.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements.
Indeed - 14 months ago