Contract Pharmacal Corp. Employee Reviews in United States

Good pay. Good people fired needlessly.
Change Controls, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 1, 2016
Productive environment. Good pay. Owners fire people very frequently and for unjustified reasons. Learn a lot in different areas.
Pros
Salary
Great place to work and learn
Office (Current Employee) –  HauppaugeAugust 11, 2015
CPC is a continuously growing company with a great work environment. There is constantly something new and exciting going on everyday! The people are wonderful to work with and everyone is always willing to help each other (even if not in same department). CPC is a great company to learn and grow. The owners are very present and have a hands-on approach and a open door policy. Great ideas are always welcome from upper management.
Pros
Great people, room to grow, exciting projects
No at all
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 20, 2015
real bad day at work
to much politician
sucks sorry for real
co-worker need training
to try to show peoples the correct way to do so
when i finish my runs we no problem
Pros
free lunch some times
Cons
hardy take braekes
its a good company
Senior Chemist (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 19, 2015
learned a lot from this company. environment is alright. hard to work with the unwanted shift changing or overnight. co-workers are good and nice supervisor and director.
Pros
easy workplace
Cons
shift
A well established Corp.
Packer and Boxer (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 10, 2014
CPC was a good job of mine and will be missed dearly I hope to someday go back as a higher position
Pros
fair breaks and understanding bosses
A typical day at work
Quality Assurance Inspector-Packaging Department (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 29, 2014
It was an Okay experience. I learned about quality assurance
this place is terrible - stay away - the owners are very deceptive
Production (Former Employee) –  HauppaugeApril 15, 2014
if you like hectic days everyday, preparing for FDA only to find that deviations occur on daily basis - this is the place for you.

no chance for advancement unless you suck up to owners and put in 16 hour days and work weekends..

basically, they expect you to have no life and you still run the risk of being laid off or fired.

overall, a terrible place to work.

find employment elsewhere.
Pros
lower level people are nice and well-educated, but goes unnoticed with higher level execs
Cons
too many too list - low pay, long hours, terrible environment, high stress
Not a good company
Worker (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 8, 2014
They do not care for their employees. They have a high turnover
Fast growing company, great potential, good job opportunities
Compliance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 29, 2013
Pros – Great teamwork, wonderful working conditions. No micro-managing - each employee owns their part in making the company a success. Smart cross training. Quality above all. Excellent opportunities for up and coming industry talent to contribute to a company they can be proud of.

Cons – Medical benefits could be improved. Although with impending uncertainty of the Affordable Care Act, it is understandable the company has had to make some changes in this area.

Advice to Senior Management – Although it is more difficult to get to know your ever growing staff, make the time to engage staff members at every level.
Pros
great teamwork, wonderful working conditions
Cons
medical benefits could be improved
not good place, work anywheres but not here
Formulation Scientist (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 9, 2013
No culture, stressful environment, my boss just care about work. Expect to work 12 hours every day. Too much pressure and no management of work. They treat people like animals no respect and no job safely. They will fire you any time without reason. So think before you join and never ever join if you need sponsorship because you will be in trouble if you got fired
Pros
sorry i couldn't find any
Cons
overload of work, mismanagement, no benefits for 1st year even no pay for holidays

Want to know more about Contract Pharmacal Corp.?

Ask a question
their an ok company but seen better
QA INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 25, 2013
Needs a lo of organization and smarter people to operate the company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
to much drama
I always give my full concentrate in my job & always try my best to do.
R & D Technician (Current Employee) –  New York,USA.July 17, 2013
Management is of the most important thing in this industrial area. Always need planning for further future.because Planning is trap to capture the future. Everyday i learned new things and idea. Communicate with other co-workers is very needed for job. i always enjoy my work.
Field Technician
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge NYJune 4, 2013
▪ Maintained rack server communications closet and employee workstations.
▪ Granted URL access through Sonicwall Network Appliance.
▪ Facilitated company merge with GPSI by updating AD accounts and file permissions.
productive and fun work place.
Quality Assurance Specialist in Packaging (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 26, 2013
Everyday when we get to work the team leader assigns the rooms for each one of us to work on, and every week we have rotation so that we everyone gets to work in all the rooms at the end of the rotation.We have bottle line, blister lines, antiflu pouches line .Coworkers are very helpful and understanding and we all work as a team to complete our work before we leave for the day.At the end of the day we all have a satisfiying feeling that we did a good job at work, by making sure all the product are in good quality standard.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
short breaks
Machinist
Maintenance machinist and Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 23, 2013
Machinist and Assistant supervisor.
Repair production machines and in-house labor work.
Working place is really good
Quality Control Chemist (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 25, 2012
This is good place to learn.Management is very good. My co-workers are very helpfull and friendly.The most enjoyable part of my job.
Stable company
Maintenance Director Electrical (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 10, 2012
Contract Pharmacal is a overall decent place to work. The advancement however varies dependent on you abilities as well as your learning capacity. Some of the employees have worked for 20+ years with little advancement, some have advanced quickly which is OK provided people are not advanced beyond there capabilities. Which has been observed over the 14 years I have been working here. Contract is a growing company and has jumped significantly in employee roster from 100 employees to over 400 in the last 14 years. The requirement to operate a pharmaceutical company is constantly changing in the state of New York. These changes and regulations are almost stifling and unimaginable to comprehend. CPC has risen to the challenge each time and I believe it will continue this trend.
Pros
cpc has shown to be a stable and growing company
Cons
little advancement opportunities, for lower level empolyees.