Contrax Furnishings is real people, offering real value and real solutions in the educational furnishings market nationwide. We excel through our customer's delight, superior project management, strategic supplier relationships and innovative, customized products, service and solutions. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment that's fun and rewarding.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
In this position, you will be assisting the CIO with project management of a range of software development projects. We need a take-charge person with the autonomy to manage multiple software projects simultaneously for our organization, such as enhancements to CRM or ERP software, web app development for business applications, mobile device apps for our internal sales staff and external customers, etc. You would be working with end users to understand their business requirements and then communicate those needs to both in-house programmers and/or outside subcontractors. You would also be responsible for managing software quality control testing and assisting as necessary. We’re a small-ish IT department serving about 125 end users for a $50MM company. If you like detail-oriented project management, enjoy working with end users to find technology solutions to meet their needs and can translate end user business requirements back to the development team, then you’re the right person for this job. This would be a perfect fit for a previous business software analyst or implementation consultant. The right candidate must have previous experience with project management. Come join a family-friendly organization with a casual work environment!
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Consult with staff to evaluate input, processing requirements, and desired output making recommendations on effective use of software modules.
- Evaluate existing hardware and software and new innovations in application modules.
- Prepare cost estimates for system software upgrades, Recommend additions and/or changes to the existing system.
- Train staff in the use of enterprise software; develop material and conduct training programs for staff. Document training procedures.
- Work as liaison with software vendors to debug, monitor and resolve operating conflicts or problems.
- Generate regular project status reports to update executive team on status of development projects.
Prioritize development projects and resources to align with high-level corporate strategic objectives.
- Perform database analysis and report writing using SQL Server or MySQL query tools, such as Toad, Crystal Reports, SSRS, MySQL Workbench, HeidiSQL, etc.
- Bachelors degree in related field or applicable experience.
- Report writing and/or SQL database analysis experience required; basic understanding of SQL queries required.
- Thorough knowledge of ERP software, SQL Server and/or MySQL databases, Internet Browsers, and office application packages.
- Strong understanding of relational database design and user interface experience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems in a TCP/IP and NT networking environment.
- Business Process workflow experience a plus.
- Due diligence or continuous process improvement experience a plus.
- Experience as a Business Systems Analyst or software implementations a plus.
- Strong project management skills: ability to effectively plan a project with details tasks and due dates and set deadlines.
- Must work quickly and thrive on deadlines with ability to manage varying priorities and juggle multiple assignments.
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to assist coworkers throughout the company.
- Excellent time management skills, to effectively prioritize and organize work. Ability to develop and carry out objectives.
- Ability to train and motivate staff in the use of available software modules.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees and customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong writing skills necessary for technical software documentation.
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000/annually
Contrax Furnishings: Real People, Real Solutions, Real Value.
We are a Gainesville-based company that does large project installations of educational furnishings market nationwide. We excel through top-quality customer service, superior project management, strategic supplier relationships and innovative, customized products, service and solutions. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment that's fun and rewarding and a competitive benefit program to include medical, dental and vision health insurance.