Contrax Furnishings is real people, offering real value and real solutions in the educational furnishings market nationwide. We excel through our customer's delight, superior project management, strategic supplier relationships and innovative, customized products, service and solutions. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment that's fun and rewarding.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Software Programmer/Web and Mobile Apps Developer
Looking for a creative developer who can get things done! We are a growing company providing large furniture project installations nationwide to K-12 schools. Due to our growth, we have a high demand for technology solutions to meet new business requirements for our end users. If you like to develop innovative business solutions that will make a serious impact on the growth of our business, this is the right position for you. We’re a small-ish IT department serving about 125 end users for a $50MM company, so you would be working directly with the CIO to design, develop and implement desktop, web (mobile) applications to serve both employee and customer needs. We need someone who can work somewhat autonomously, thrive on deadlines and complete a development project through to implementation with a minimum degree of supervision.
- Oversee and enhance our CMS-based website (strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, responsive design a plus)
- Perform systems analysis by working with end users to determine needs and creating functional specifications and mockups.
- Oversee and enhance our Sugar CRM application (alternative CRM or PHP-based systems is acceptable).
- Develop web-based mobile applications to meet business requirements for mobile sales staff (iPad devices in use).
- Use industry best practices in information design and architecture, usability and accessibility, and scalable, dynamic web user interfaces.
- Maintain ongoing design excellence by incorporating customer and employee feedback into the overall UI/UX design.
- Adhere to department protocols, procedures and policies on information security and confidentiality.
- Apply analysis tools and techniques to increase quality, productivity and overall effectiveness of systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or at applicable experience.
- Strong knowledge and skill set with SQL-based relational database design and development a plus;
- Strong knowledge and skill set with web design, development and implementation a plus;
- Proficiency in user interface design, visual design, CMS theming, and CSS.
- Must be self motivated and have the ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner with a minimum degree of supervision; experience with scrum/agile development a plus.
- Must have strong technical aptitude.
- Must have strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, or leader to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong CSS experience and use of Responsive Web Design in developing mobile applications.
- Experience with database application systems, specifically CRM system a plus.
- Knowledge of methods for developing user interface and graphic design, including all visual elements of the application such as color, fonts, pictures, logos and branding, advertisement and promotional materials, etc.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation on which applications and hardware to use.
- A passion for creating cutting-edge web applications using the latest web technologies.
- Exhibit excellent design and visual composition skills. Enjoy taking the initiative and being innovative.
- Demonstrate Excellent UI design and development best practices.
Salary $45,000 - $50,000/annually
Contrax Furnishings: Real People, Real Solutions, Real Value.
We are a Gainesville-based company that does large project installations of educational furnishings market nationwide. We excel through top-quality customer service, superior project management, strategic supplier relationships and innovative, customized products, service and solutions. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment that's fun and rewarding and a comprehensive benefit package to include medical, dental and vision health insurance.
Indeed - 19 months ago