Control Technology Inc. is seeking a Controls Specialist / Engineer to service customers in the Southern California region.
-On-site troubleshooting and repair of control systems throughout Southern California
-Design, procurement, installation and startup of new control systems for a variety of applications
-Preparing drawings and proposals for bid
Qualifications: Candidates must have great interpersonal skills, detail-orientation, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Auto-CAD, and have a BS in Electrical, mechanical or controls engineering and/or 7 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A strong history of experience with Rockwell PLC Systems, Allen Bradley Control Logix, SLC, SCADA and working knowledge and background with Cogeneration or Distributed Generation application is required. Must be a self-motivated, productive and able to manage workload independently. Mechanical Engineering background and Project Management experience is preferable.
Must have experience with:
- Programming Allen Bradley HMI/SCADA systems
- Specifying Allen Bradley Control Logix, SLC and MIcrologix PLCs
- Various analog and digital devices; new installation and troubleshooting existing systems
- Various communication protocols: Ethernet, Control Net, Device Net; Modbus; etc.
- AC and DC power, motors, and motor controls.
This position requires:
- Good analytical skills necessary for designing and troubleshooting control systems
- Ability to analyze, plan and coordinate work activities
- Must be able to multitask and assign priorities
- Must have excellent verbal (in person & phone) skills and good writing skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or put in the necessary time to complete a project within a certain deadline.
- Travel, approximately 20% of the time.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs, bend, stoop, and stand for long periods of time.
- A positive attitude.
Please submit Cover letter, resume with salary history along with examples of your best programming work by email. Resumes with salary histories will be given first consideration. Control Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Control Technology, Inc. is an engineering company specializing in industrial automation and energy. Since our inception in 1985, we have...