ConvaTec Employee Reviews in United States

Not a great place to work! Would NOT recommend it to my enemy!
Production Technician II (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2016
There is no equal job opportunity there. You are stuck on the shift you get hired for and if you want to go to 1st shift your chances are slim! They will hire off the street for a 1st shift position before giving that position to a current employee on another shift that wants it. No bonuses and no family oriented events. No show of appreciation to employees even during major holidays(Thanksgiving, Christmas).
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Low chance of advancement or change in shift
Dynamic workplace that is rewarding and challenging
Director of Operations and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at Convatec is facing challenges that occur with the time to plan and develop strategy, short and long term. There is always interaction with the other facilities in addition to upper management. Convatec is vry focused on the customer and the difference we make in thier lives.
Very productive atmosphere to work in
production associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 3, 2015
Great work environment, with excellent management.Very clean atmosphere. Steady pace job fairly easy to catch on to things around the work place. Best thing of all you don't have to be placed in one area they allow you to move areas and learn how to run that station.
Pros
We have a cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch
Cons
short break times
Great people, but company does not care about the people that has served it for so many years
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2016
Clean plant, work was comfortable, Management slow to react. People are loosing there jobs. Employees are trying to give all they have for this company. And they are pulling out.
Pros
Pay good
Benafits eat your check
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 6, 2016
Even when your work is good I mean up to "spec" its seem if management still has an issue. There a whole bunch of pettiness between women in higher position. The work was ok but the people there made it hard time.
Pros
Work is fairly easy
Cons
The mangement
Great Place to work. Very knowledgeable and passionate work force.
PROCESS SUPPORT TECHNICIAN III (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 21, 2016
Great people to work with. Very open about providing information you need to succeed at your job. I am learning and doing new things weekly.
a typical day at work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater NJNovember 29, 2015
I was presented with challenges each day. you worked with change all the time because processes were being refined. You learned new things each day about the products being sold to the customers
Pros
pros outway the cons
Cons
there were no cons really
V
Director of Taxation (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJNovember 12, 2015
Involved in establishing an entire new organization domestically and internationally. Great working environment and excellent tax opportunity. Will discuss further.
Moral very low, compensation not competitive
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2015
This company has a lot of re-organization to do.
Putting value in their sales force and building moral is much needed.
Products are good and help patients outcomes.
Compensation is not competitive.
Pros
Very good products
Cons
Moral, Culture & Teamwork with Manager is horrible
Excellent products but culture not supportive to growth
New York Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJJuly 1, 2015
Turnover is very high. Had three bosses in two years. My sales team was excellent. Hired three new teammates. Convatec is going thru extensive change. Corporate culture does not support honest opinions
Worst place that I've ever worked
Production Tech I (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2015
I was under paid. The management was the worst & the co-worker were after one another. They didn't work as a team. I will never go back there.
Best company that I ever worked for, jobs are not hard at all.
Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2015
I operate a machine that keeps you busy. What I learned is that the more you learn about the job, the easier the job is .Management could do a better job. Most of the workers at Convatec is really committed to doing the best job that they can. There is really nothing hard about the job. It is always good to work with people that are committed to their job, regardless of other people.
Pros
good pay
changing corporate culture resulted in 35% field sales and management change
West Division Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonMarch 23, 2015
Great company when hired in 2010. Investors fired key executive branch and brought in corporate raider group top prepare for sale.
Pros
great products
Cons
terrible management personnel
Convatec
Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 19, 2015
First thing when went to the line take down set points by checking the PI. When we did a change over we cleared the line empty trash follow safety rules. Change tooling for the next sides
The place is closed where I worked
Regulatory Affairs Specialist I-II (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJAugust 16, 2014
ConvaTec was a very nice place to work until the separation from Bristol-Myers Squibb, in 2008. Everything went downhill after that. The benefits were cut back, people worked long hours and weekends. The company created monsters of people because the tremendous pressure. Short cuts introduced to reach the unrealistic time lines, jeopardizing the quality of the work. The layoffs started, we found out that everybody is only a number, and can be disposed at any time. The site where I worked closed completely and most people lost their jobs. I felt saddened to see what has happened to this once great company!!
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
layoffs
Enjoyable workplace
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 15, 2014
A typical day at work would include pulling orders, loading trucks and driving the company truck to transport product from one warehouse to another. I learned to operate the following equipment: 24-footer box truck, forklift, cherry picker, and hand lift. The management staff and co-workers made everyone feel like family. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply going to work and seeing how everyone worked so well together. The hardest part about the job was the day that I had to leave.
Pros
family environment
ConvaTec
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJanuary 30, 2015
ConvaTec has a number of great people that have worked for them and are currently working for them; however, the companies mindset is to be purchased and with that being said is crunching to bare minimum.

I really enjoyed the players on the Houston Team and enjoyed working and selling to the critical care, infection control, loss prevention and materials managers in the Houston territory.

The least favorite aspect was the reduction of support staff for basic needs on a day to day basis. Not a reflection on anyone working in their support positions; however, the nature of the beast regarding making company more marketable for sell.

The sales experience I gained and the relationships and conversations with the physicians and call points have increased my comprehensive appeal to future employers. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job. I would not trade the relationships built within the Houston Team for the world, it was sincerely a pleasure.
Pros
company car
Cons
never paid for my cell phone
Venture backed company that can't compete in the marketplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 8, 2014
There's no work/life balance here and zero guidance as to what you're to do to accomplish goals. Management changes their directives on a whim. They have thrown away many tenured employees who had a successful career at ConvaTec over a single bad year so this is not a place where any measure of job security should be perceived. Honestly the most enjoyable part of the job will be the day you start because you don't know what you're getting into, and the day you leave because you finally get out.
Pros
decent products but many nimble competitors
Cons
very expensive insurance, incompetent management team
Going out of Business
Manager Quality Audits (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJFebruary 6, 2014
Senior management is in the process of selling this company. Senior management hired over 30 qualified senior personnel to help them work through an FDA warning letter. A decision was made to terminate over 120 jobs since they decided not to address the warning letter actions
Cons
executive management is not interested in maintaining a quality system, only increasing the bottom line to make a quick sale
Fun work place with a cafeteria
Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 10, 2012
Its a good company to work for. It has excellent benefits. You get to have about ten days off for Christmas break. You get company picnics when your family can come tour the plant and see where you work. The company also cares a great deal about their patients that use our products. They make sure the product is right when it goes out that door.
Pros
company picnics, benefits, christmas time off
Cons
medical leave plan