Convene Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great concept and exciting growth as a company
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
There is a need to implement a much more comprehensive training program from management all the way down to part time employees. Day to day operations would benefit and uniformity would be more likely obtained company wide.
Pros
Due to rapid growth there are in theory many opportunities to relocate
Cons
new staff member aren't trained properly.
Productive and alternative workplace
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
Typical day at work was taking care of all incoming business. I learned to multi-task and perform tasks quickly, but efficiently. Most enjoyable part was traveling to the various locations run by Convene.
great place to work
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  New-YorkAugust 13, 2017
Nice place to work. pretty good concept. The kitchen works really hard. I would definitively recommend this place to work for. You can learn a lot working there.
Great Culture
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Convene's culture is top notch. I'm an intern, but have never felt like one. I'm respected and my voice is heard. I feel like I'm a part of a team. From lower level to executives, it feels like we are all in it together.
Pros
Award winning company culture is a joke
Confidential (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
They say one thing and do another, sending mixed messages. VP level management do not execute the day to day with the same inspiring visions that the co-founders try to instill. VP's are rude, unappreciative, shady, and apply rules and policies unfairly and inconsistently. Middle management and directors are treated poorly, inconsistently. I have never witnessed more exceptional talent let go than with this company. They have a great product and bright future but poor leadership at the helm jeopardizes their objectives.
Pros
Inspiring Owners
Cons
Shady executives
Excellent place to work
Remote Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 16, 2016
Employees are super friendly and professional work place maintained by the management.

At times its high pressure due to deadline but still lots of helping hands to support and complete the issues.
Great Team
Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Learned about myself and what I do and do not like for myself in a work place. Service Techs were amazing and wish them the best. Management was ok, need to work on communication.
Great Company, great leadership
VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES AND MARKETING (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYAugust 21, 2015
Team culture with a can do attitude. Everyone matters and everyone contributes. Growth and strategy lead every discussion. Just not enough hours in the day to get it all done.
Pros
Ethical
Very work friendly operated
Service technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
Convene by far is the best company I have worked for. The atmosphere is very friendly and family like. No one is excluded. The management team is very understanding and the clients are respectable people. At times there are many tasks to take care of, bu that is nothing that the amazing team work can not accomplish.
A building block in the field of hospitality
FT Service Technician (Captain) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Convene is a company on the rise that offers a great entry level opportunities into the business of hospitality. The hardest part of the change is the routine and lack of challenge. There are a ton of upsides but eventually it becomes just another typical day at work.
Busy
Audio/Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2014
Most employees were productive and efficient. Usually ample time for room setups and breakdowns.

Typical day: Set up Audio/Video for multiple rooms at multiple locations for following day.

Next Day: Assigned to a specific room for a corporate event. Operating Sound or Presentation for in house or webcast. After completion breakdown rooms and occasionally set for following day.

Staying focused for long periods of time so not to miss presentation, speaking or music cue's.
Pros
Lunch room perks. Midtown locations easy to get too.
Convene
Vice President and Head of Operations (Former Employee) –  NYCMarch 1, 2014
Amazing company with great foresight. Amazing co-workers and team spirit. Cant say enough of the people who make this a home rather than a company.