Convergence Marketing Employee Reviews

A great place to grow your skills and find out that you are awesome!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 1, 2017
I learned so much with this company, honing my skills in retail merchandising and becoming aware of my own talents. This company is awesome, it works with you. The management is spectacular, they are more than willing to help assist you with anything and the scheduling is great. The hardest part of this job may be the traveling one may do, but if you like traveling, this job is going to become your career!
very disappointed with this company kept calling infor work no reply same for returning texts emails and phone calls
Retail Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 1, 2016
This was the very first company that I have ever worked for where they don't treat the employees like we deserved to be treated. This company was very unprofessional in my opinion.
Pros
the location jobs were good
Cons
hardley gave me jobs
Was okay
Merchandiser - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2016
Typical day was doing a reset in a King Soopers, mostly in the Denver Metro Area (where I live in). It was a different king soopers daily, and hours were from 6 AM to whenever the team finished the reset.
Pros
was okay.
Cons
pay was a little low, no health insurance, seasonal
Productive work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 10, 2016
A good place to work the management is very respectful treat there employees very well. wonderful team base job everyone helps each other. The hours is perfect and pay is great
Loved it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 14, 2016
Loved loved working with the company keep me busy and there was never a dull min if i could do it again i would and the Management was wonderful
Wonderful Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 14, 2016
I have been employed with Convergence Marketing since November 2007 and have been a very satisfied as a Certified Team Lead with the company.
Projects are very limited now and company refuses to pay to travel
Master Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 2, 2015
I am very good at cosmetic resets or new store openings. I am team lead over large reset projects wit multiple merchandisers.
Pros
I enjoy my job
Cons
Compensation has been reduced to travel feasibly and no raises
Large company,to big to fast
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 30, 2014
Very large mfg company,not cared about there employees, money only. Had no family life,manditory work schedule,pay was ok due to hours, advancement ,had to know someone. Management lower than should have been,wide aray of cultures.
Convergence is a productive fast pace work environment.
Marketing Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hannover, MDApril 19, 2013
This job involves in-store marketing as well as stocking new and current product. A typical day starts at 8:30 am and continues until all in-store surveys are completed and product is stocked. Normally a nine to ten hour day. The management is helpful and the co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
short breaks no benifits
The Business.
Team Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 24, 2013
Most work is hard dated for completion, but you are giving plenty of time to complete your work. I usually like to finish my work the beginning of the week so weekends are always good.

Management is considerate of your personal life and willing to work with you and your scheduling needs- all you have to do is just ask.

Hardest part of the job is filling out the surveys on your home computer. When you leave the work place, you just kind of want to be done.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the great bonuses they offer! It makes you want to strive harder and do more. Simple, the better you do something, the more money you make.
Pros
Finishing early!
Cons
Processing your own paperwork when the job is complete...
Good Experience I learned.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2012
A typical day at this company consisted of meeting with the team and team leader to get our panagrams and start taking down the merchandise that we will replace with the new products that were shipped to the store. I learned how to merchandise inventory in stores which is something new that I have learned throughout my years. Never met with management since they are located in Hanover, Maryland. The co-workers were hard workers and I just went to do my work. The hardest part of this job was the hours I worked. Sometimes I worked 50 hours a week, or 80 hours. The pay was good and I enjoyed what I did. I loved the fact that everyday was a new store to merchandise and met some wonderful people.
Pros
the money was there and it is fun.
Cons
it was only four months at a time then you are free till four months later.
area management
retail merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MaineFebruary 28, 2015
Very much enjoyed a cosmetic reset but have not had any other work since job one! Area manager is in charge of 4 states and difficult to connect with to say the least. Ongoing problem of answering immediately to jobs and then getting no response. Constantly responding to emails with emails and emails. Now trying texting. Communication is the number one problem due to overwhelmed area manager.

Loved the work, the people, the products, the environment. The one,single problem is with area management which repeatedly seems too overwhelmed to reply in a timely manner.
Pros
independent, self managing
Cons
lacking in communication between management and workers
Flexable hours and good pay but not enough hours
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Aiken and North Augusta, SCJune 12, 2012
On a typical day, you would check their website, sign in, and accept any work/projects that have been put on your dashboard. Projects are resetting products to schematic, and also auditing products.
I have learned a lot about the products and about sales. The management of this company is very helpful; when you can get them on the phone or reply to your email. The hardest part of the job is trying to get enough hours. I'll get a project for several stores that will take 2 weeks, then I'll get nothing for 3 months. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people as a team and performing the task accurately and as close to perfection as possible.
Pros
being able to schedule the projects on your own terms within the time frame given.
Cons
the lack of hours and projects.
Great way to earn money and meet new poeple, not a career.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MarylandDecember 19, 2013
If traveling is something you like, then this company will cater to you. I've personally been all over the United States. However, there is a lot of inconsistency within the workplace. Crucial information is often not delivered until the last minute, or not delivered at all. There is a little favoritism between some upper management and certain employees. For the most part the people I have worked with have been pleasant and friendly. The job is not difficult but can be physically demanding at times, depending on which shift you work (night shift does a lot of building). If you want to save up money or just want a job on the side this is a great place to look, but because work is based on contracts you can sometimes be without a paycheck for months on end.
Pros
Free travel and lodging accomadations, start off at a good pay
Cons
can take up to a month to earn first paycheck
Excellent Part Time Employment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDMarch 19, 2016
between racing seasons or when I was on an extended I would work with my best friend on these projects. We reset cosmetics at all Kroger's across TN, AL & KY. It was fun, challenging & hard word all in one.
Great company to work for!
I work retail merchandising (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 19, 2015
I have enjoyed working with Convergence. Management has always been so helpful with support and education that I have been able to pass along to the other team members as well as store managers. I did reset work as well as sales of merchandise displays.
Pros
Meeting and interacting with customers and store managers.
Cons
Not enough hours.
ok if u don't want many hours
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  new hampshireOctober 25, 2013
Seems like a great opportunity, however, unless you are rich and want to drive hundreds of miles for free, you won't get compensated for mileage unless specifically told you will, which means you are working solely to put gas in the car. projects are given deadlines and time frames (how long each project will take). you won't get paid if u take longer than the required time and also you'll only get paid for the time you work in the store. you don't get paid for the time you spend entering info into the computer or printing the dozens of pages needed to do the work. they also don't pay for ink or paper.
Cons
no compensation for printer ink or paper, no mileage compensation for regular projects.
I would recommend this job to any persons looking for part time work.
Merchadiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I can appreciate the flexibility of this job. This position was perfect for me as I was attending school. You decide when you are ready to take on more or less jobs to fit your schedule.
Typical Merchandiser Job
Team Lead/Merchandiser/Driver (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 20, 2013
Hard work, standing on feet all day. I learned how to remodel home improvement and home department stores. I learned a lot about retail, however, most managers and/or team leads are less than qualified for positions. Most people hired are not qualified and need to be trained, lazy and passed the buck when things are not done properly. I was placed in a position to clean up all mistakes. In fact, with one team I worked on, that was what we did for two months, go to different locations and fix all of the mistakes previously made by other teams. I enjoyed traveling the most.
Pros
You work, you get paid.
Cons
low salary, no benefits
Fun Work Place
Remodel Crew (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 13, 2014
The last job I work at was something different from my last jobs I had in the past few years." When I started working at this job I was scared and nervous because I didn't have a job for some years." I learn how to rebuild a wall and also how to build trays and learn how to read tags to know where the product belong the management was good the people I work with was also good." The hardest part when I first started was learning how to the job and the most enjoyable part about the job was learning new things and if I could I would work at the job again."
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergence Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9