Convergence Marketing

Convergence Marketing Employer Reviews

Love this job
Merchandising (Former Employee), Hanover, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible, paid to travel (most of the time)
Cons: wouldn't count on this to be a primary job
This is a very flexible job and time goes by fairly quickly. It's cool to get paid to travel. My friend and I actually stayed at a front hotel paid by the company. I love this job, but I do wish I had more work.
Reward for success
Team Lead/Supervisor for merchandising (Former Employee), Hanover, MDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: freedom, independence
Cons: poor communication
High paced atmosphere. there was always situations on a daily basis that needed close attention. There seemed to be a lack of communication among the different sectors of managing the daily activities. I worked well with many different people and achieved goals. The hardest part was dealing with inter company communication to alleviate problematic situations. – more... Overall the Daily activities were based on my ability to work productively without constant supervision. – less
Find Another Merchandising Company To Work For
Merchandiser (Current Employee), AtlantaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no respect or value for employees, poor leadership, upfront expense to do company's bidding, takes forever to get paid, required to do massive admin work with no compensation whatsoever, low wages, no training, no room for advancement, power-based personalities who cannot function in a team enviroment
This is a predatory company with power-based personalities. First, I've never seen a company take so much from it's employees. You provide YOUR car and pay for gasoline expenses up-front to drive hundreds of miles a day. Payroll is about three weeks behind - which is tough when your personal gas expenses are high. There is a massive amount of paperwork – more... employees must submit for each assignment - admin time which you will never be reimbursed for - EVER. -Not one dime for your time or your personal equipment- For example, you have to use your own printer to print planograms, leave behind letters, recap forms, etc. The recap form has to be signed by store management at the point of your assignment. You then have to enter the information electronically - in addition to manually filling out the form - scanning it, saving it to your desktop - then uploading the required documents along with required pictures for each assignment. You will donate hours of your time to this process - and then the company will kick it back without pay because a signature was in the wrong place, etc. As for other expenses, I live in Georgia. I was once offered $75 to drive round trip to Florida. Laughable really. If you're a merchandiser and you see someone arrive on the job who is untrained and a jerk - you can almost rest assured that person is from Convergence Marketing. The majority of reps do not behave professionally on the job. Additionally, there are really no opportunities to advance or even negotiate a higher pay - My regional director has her chosen few. I would have gladly addressed everything I put in this review with her, but felt I wouldn't be heard. So what's the point? My only recommendation is to find a different merchandising company to work for. There are good ones out there. Just not Convergence Marketing. – less
The work is great and the people are friendly!
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hanover, MDNovember 11, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule.
Cons: all communications are via email and phone...sometimes slow to respond.
I enjoy the content of the work, however like in any business there is always room for improvement. The staff is very friendly and professional. Sometimes can be days before your Area Manager gets to your questions. But if you are follow all instruction and training as given, questions should be few. I would say go for it!
productive
Merchandiser/Team Player (Former Employee), Hanover, MDOctober 3, 2014
the jobs varied as far as location and requirements but overall I loved working for this company
Convergence is a good company to work for
Team Lead (Current Employee), Hanover, MDAugust 29, 2014
Pros: generally alot of work, especially in cosmetics but have a wide range of companies we service
Cons: some times very very slow/no work
Over-all I am very happy working for Convergence. We work on a wide range of products, primarily I work in cosmetic resets, but have done a variety of different products as well. Generally I am kept very busy, but when we hit a slow time, it's VERY slow. As with any company like this, you have teams that are made up of people who know what they are – more... doing and are good workers, and people who really shouldn't be in this business. I LOVE my present supervisor, she is very pleasant to work with and helps whenenver possible with issues that come up, or points me to the people who can help. I have had bad supervisors in the past, who are still with the company, their treatment of employees borders on abuse. I would have to say my biggest complaint is that people who should be let go-aren't. To the point that there was a joke going around that this company doesn't ever fire anyone, no matter what. This leads to some people taking advantage and showing up late to work, if at all, doing poor jobs when they are there, altering hours on time sheets, showing up drunk and so on. All terminable offenses with most companies. Instead they continue to get shifts. I do have some wonderful co-workers that I love doing resets with, we work hard, get it done, and have a good time while we are working.
The pay seems to be about average to a bit above average from other reps I've talked to from other companies, paid bi-weekly and I have to say that if I have not gotten a paycheck, or pay is missing, it's been something I have screwed up, not their fault. I reccomend this company to any one who is looking for work in this field. In working with other companies, I can't believe the difference in the level of professionalism that I find. – less
Call center environment, busy, and proficient knowledge of computers
Retail Support Representative (Former Employee), Hanover, MDAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: periodic down time
Answered phones, involved trouble shooting and resolution question to merchandisers working in the field. Logged in attendance for merchandisers, performed outbound quality control calls, entered mapping into database, and provided pertinent information for active projects.
Great Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hanover, MDAugust 2, 2014
My employee with this company has surpassed my expectations
worst job ever
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 11, 2014
I was lied to from the start. Was told I would work more than 40 hours a week and the most I ever got was 18 hours. I was told I would be paid for mileage over 30 miles from my house, but when I drove 56 miles, I was called a liar and told it was only 34 miles
its a good work environment
reset merchandiser (Current Employee), n/aJuly 7, 2014
you dont get enough days to work. i havent really been working for this company to really know enough. This job is basically a first come first served basically. I only worked a day for this company. its a good environment but not they not prefessional.
Very Fun easy going work environment
merchandiser/warehouse associate (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: gas reimbursment
Cons: short breaks early hours
A typical day at works starts at 5 a.m and ends around 3 p.m. i learned time managment skills as well as working together in diverse groups. My co- workers were very helpful an patient with me my first day. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything was accurate. My most enjoyable part of the job was doing the displays.
Great, fun workplace
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJune 16, 2014
Enjoy working here, always something to keep busy with and a fun environment
cosmetic resets
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 11, 2014
Pros: weekdays only
Cons: always cosmetics
good company,reset all fred Meyers cosmetic sections,changing shelves,putting up new products,following schematics.

*****
Fun Work Place
Remodel Crew (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMay 13, 2014
The last job I work at was something different from my last jobs I had in the past few years." When I started working at this job I was scared and nervous because I didn't have a job for some years." I learn how to rebuild a wall and also how to build trays and learn how to read tags to know where the product belong the management was good the people – more... I work with was also good." The hardest part when I first started was learning how to the job and the most enjoyable part about the job was learning new things and if I could I would work at the job again." – less
Physical work resetting cosmetics fixtures and displays
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hanover, MDApril 16, 2014
Pros: working as a team member.
Cons: not receiving proper planograms and/or fixtures to do the job.
We are responsible for updating fixtures, placing new fixtures, pulling discontinued product, cutting in new product. We work in teams of 2-6 people, depending on the size of the departments.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hanover, MDApril 15, 2014
I worked there for about 2 years. Worked in 4 stores had a team of 3 or more. Worked with planograms and telxon computer system. Cut in new items and completed full resets in a timely fashion. Management was great and always were available for contact.
Very hands On job tat consist of
Visual Merchandiser/Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 2, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of resetting and revising wall plans and shelves with product, new fixtures, shelves, and graphics.
I learned how to manage a team of 2-6 people and guide them on merchandising standards.

Management was good they trained us to be neat and to be accurate with our work.

Worked very well with my co-workers.

The hardest – more... part of my day was taking lunch because we always wanted to be finish by the deadline.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to come of with solutions to work related issues. – less
Large company,to big to fast
Merchandising (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMarch 30, 2014
Very large mfg company,not cared about there employees, money only. Had no family life,manditory work schedule,pay was ok due to hours, advancement ,had to know someone. Management lower than should have been,wide aray of cultures.
Not enough to do !
Field Rep (Current Employee), Hanover, MDMarch 23, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: not enough jobs
They do not have enough work to do in My area to make it worth while to continue to do. Sometimes the travel makes it a losing pay job. They pay No mileage.
It is a good company however local work is limited. For that reason as well as better wages I continue look to better myself.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2014
Not to repeat myself It is a good company but again just not enough available work in this area.

1 2 3 4