Convergent, Inc Employee Reviews

Save yourself and do not apply here!!
Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
You ever had a job you hated so much, you cried in your car every morning when you got to work because you didn't want to go in??? That was my experience at this job!!! I hated it!! The people I worked with weren't bad at all, (everyone hated their job and wanted to find another one) but the people that you had to talk to on the phone were SO RUDE it was unreal!!! And the team leads get mad at you if you're not collecting a certain amount of money, because they bonus off of the money that you collect... but how can you collect when everyone curses you out and hangs up in your face?? This job was a horrible point in my life!! I HATED going to work!! I couldnt even enjoy my weekends because I knew it would only be 2 days before I had to go back!! I'm still thanking God I found another job and was able to get away from this place!! I wouldn't recommend anyone apply here... Its not worth the emotional distress!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Everything else (LITERALLY!!!)
Productive, learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 15, 2016
Worked a 8 hour shift, taking and making calls with a variety of customers, some were nice and pleasant others not so nice and demanding.
non productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
under paid always pointing out lite mistakes micro management unclean environment not with helping customer who may be going through hard ships and need more time with power bill.
Just a job
Self pay (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2016
This place is the epitome of trash! Not only that, but management is so ghetto! They never let you know what's really going on and it's not a secure job. They always promise you and that but don't do anything about it. They recently lost their biggest client and do have an insurance department but they have lost that before. The supervisors and management don't know what they're doing and just take it day by day. All they like to do is gossip with their employees instead of worrying about the company. They don't give any raises. This place is a good place for a teenager who is just starting to work
Cons
Horrible place to work for!
Collection representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2016
This is the worst collection agency to work for!
Management and Supervisors are a joke. You have 1 particular manager that is in a full relationship on the job with a collector and they live together! You also have two supervisors that are in a relationship, in which one has not even been there a full year. He is constantly at her desk. I have witnessed another supervisor shampooing her hair in the women's restroom! The same supervisor putting on eyelashes in her managers office on another supervisor! I have heard supervisors cursing on the floor! I have witnessed supervisors and managers play favors depending on if they like you or not. This is not a good company to work for!!!
They do not promote inside the company. They hire people that are their friends to come in as Supervisors when there are individuals that have been department leads for 2-3 years. How is this possible? How is it that you are hired from the outside as a Supervisor and in less than a year you're promoted to a manager when there are leads that exceed the qualifications?!?! I'll tell you how.. You use to work in another city and state with the manager that hired you! This is ridiculous and there is no loyalty to employees with tenure.
As the old saying goes....It's not what you know...It's who you know!

DO NOT APPLY AT THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, Favortism, Stressful, No room for advancement
Good for a temp job and teens
Collector (Former Employee) –  RentonAugust 18, 2015
Employees are treated as children.
Micromanagement.
No growth opportunities.
Low compensation.
You can still learb if you're a hard worker.
The work environment is not very good.
Poor employee benfits .
Pros
Walking trail behind building.
Convergent
Sprint Agent (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 17, 2015
This company is great company to get you off your feet although only temp its a great company to work towards a great future and can truly beneficial in the long run if hired on .
Not your ideal job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2012
Little to no opportunities for advancement/raise, company lacks integrity, not a place that I would recommend for anyone to apply to.
Cons
the pay system

Want to know more about Convergent, Inc?

Ask a question