The malware analyst will lead reverse engineering efforts, be responsible for determination of effects of discovered malware, communicate in writing and verbal presentations with senior management to describe the threats posed by individual malware outbreaks within the network, coordinate with external/industry focus groups, and act as the primary interface with the analysts and reverse engineers/researchers in the Cyber Innovation Unit. The analyst will act as investigative lead for all malware-related to corporate network incidents, and will be responsible for assembling the correct engineering team, determining workflow, and arriving at countermeasures and analytic product. This position reports directly to the CISO.
- Act as “point” for Malware analysis of samples found attempting to attack the Battelle network.
- Interface with corporate, contracted, and partner organizations in performing larger analysis, take lead position and ensure schedule compliance and quality deliverables
- Train with and assist in research with external parties when not engaged in a mission.
- Develop and maintain good relations with other malware researchers and keep abreast of state of the art exploit, analytic tools/techniques, and evolving threats.
- Research vulnerabilities for the researched system, likely configuration and/or implementation of system, and protocols of behavior/communication of system
- Conduct reverse engineering activities to determine / estimate spectrum of vulnerabilities against research target
- Support network recovery operations and to act as lead analyst following an exploitation attempt.
- Able to work closely with persons from different teams and organizations and manage the analytic process
- Strong written and verbal skills – can present complex concepts at high level while retaining meaning and highlighting features of interest.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Current Secret Clearance
- Willingness / ability to earn a TS Clearance within 12 months of hiring.
- At least 5 years experience in analyzing or developing exploits or reverse engineering
- At least 2 years experience with enterprise networks
- Can demonstrate/elucidate series of successful exploits developed or reversed.
- Capable of working a flexible work schedule
- Has experience working with OS and application vulnerabilities
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Direct experience working with CID, DHS, or law enforcement entities
- Willingness / eligibility to obtain a polygraph-grade clearance
- Willingness to present at conventions
- Willingness to contribute to formal journals, internet forums, and/or the open source community regarding mitigation practices and implementation improvements
- Extensive experience with a diversity of hardware/software/OSes
- Experience with many type and vendors of embedded devices
Indeed - 6 months ago
Convergent Innovations Group, Inc. is currently doing business as CCG Innovations. We are a solutions driven company focused on building...