We are a med-tech startup that just received a new round of funding so now we are hiring! We are developing a new software product that will revolutionize the detection of skin diseases. This is your opportunity to help develop a product that addresses the root cause for over 100 million doctor’s visits a year in the US.
What you will be responsible for
You will be responsible for building applications from the ground up:
- Assist in writing the product’s technical specifications
- Help us make key design choices (database, GUI toolkit, etc.)
- Develop most of the software
- Write verification, validation, and maintenance plans
- Conduct verification of key components
- Document software and test results
As the company grows, you will be in charge of:
- Optimizing our software development infrastructure
- Mentoring software engineers and interns (and helping us pick them!)
- Leading design and code reviews
What we require
- Extensive industry experience developing software products, including at least one successful product where you were the lead developer
- Experience with FDA regulations for 510(k) devices, GMP guidelines, and medical device design controls
- Expertise in developing GUIs for Windows applications
- Expert proficiency in C++
- Expertise in optimizing mathematically complex algorithms, using multi-threaded, multi-core, and GPU programming
- Familiarity with OpenCV and computer vision in general is a plus
- Experience with agile software development and test-driven development is a plus
- Ability to write clear, concise, and grammatically-correct English is essential
- Bachelor’s or higher in computer science, mathematics, or related field is expected (but industry experience is more important!)
What to expect
- We are a startup, so everyone wears multiple hats! Be ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle novel tasks. If you need a new tool, there is no requisition-form in triplicate. Just buy the tool that makes you productive. Or better yet, find an online SaaS version that scales with us as we grow.
- We have a virtual office, so for now you can do much of your work from home. Face-to-face meetings will be required, so some domestic and possibly international travel is necessary. If you live near LA or Boston then you won’t have to travel nearly as much.
- We are developing Class I and II medical devices, so we will have to abide by lots of FDA regulations (but not nearly as many as for Class III).
This is a permanent, full-time position. We do not discriminate based on citizenship status, but we require authorization to work in the US (we cannot help you acquire such authorization).