Convergent Employee Reviews

It's a nice company with friendly empleyees
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 19, 2018
A typical work day at Convergent is fast pace once you get on the phone. It may also be e bit stressful with limited help for the customers.Overall I have good customer service, so the job is what you make of it.
Pros
rewards
Cons
schedules
Convergent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 18, 2018
It was a very peaceful workplace. All of the supervisors worked together to make sure every representative was successful. There were equal opportunities for every employee.
Pros
Working around positive people that have the same motive as you
Cons
Training with others that don't have the same drive as you and take it as a joke
not for me
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 16, 2018
they tell you that they have shift options, they dont. its always night shift
managers dont care to much about you, they just want you there.
managers are hard on employees cause their bosses are hard on them
they dont train you enough for the work you do.
hard to find help, not enough managers.
Pros
coworkers are usually nice
Cons
everything
Stressful work environemnt
Team Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 6, 2018
Job requires you to be on the phone all day doing customer service work. Hours can be flexible to fit your schedule. Downside there is not a lot of opportunity for growth.
Convergent
Al Sprint Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 2, 2018
Convergent is a good company for someone who has an High School Diploma, not for someone who has a higher degree. They pay to where it varies each pay period depending on your performance at the job. Management isnt the best but isnt the worst. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customer who werent able to pay their bill and their services were scheduled to be completely interrupted.
Its a nice setting with nice people
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 22, 2017
The Job is not hard. It's just stressful sometimes to work for a company that isn't completely honest with their customer in the beginning of a sale. Even the ones that asked specifics, were completely lied to about their charges. Although I am very good at explaining this to the customers, it's hard to know that the problem will never be resolved. A majority of the time there is nothing left for me to say but, can you pay the bill to keep the phone on, still feeling bad that the problem was never resolved.
Pros
The people I work with are nice
Cons
The customer seem to have been lied to consistently
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 19, 2017
NSS job is hard to learn. but your expected to quickly grasp it. the people are nice but the stress experienced on this job isn't work the pay. unless you really love working in a call center, i do not recommend it.
great workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 10, 2017
i enjoyed working at convergent! it was fun the staff was nice and friendly the employees was nice also. they treated you like a big family. i felt comfortable working there.
Not enough training
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 3, 2017
I don’t feel like I had enough training going into the floor. We missed a lot of information about doing broader job duties outside of collections and taking payments.
Cons
10 minute breaks
Secure work building
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 13, 2017
Working at Convergent was an experience I'll never forget. This was my first call center job. I worked in collections accepting payments and setting up payment arrangements.

Want to know more about Convergent?

Ask a question
Don"t ever work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2017
It's absolutely horrible!! It's SUPER HIGH STRESS, SUPER COMPETITIVE and there is ZERO team support. The management is non helpful and only interested in talking to each other or whoever there favorite is. THEY PLAY FAVORITES BIG TIME!!!!! They are only interested in themselves. You're pay depends on how well you do! IT'S A SLIDING SCALE!!!!!
Pros
one hour lunch, 20 minute break
Cons
no team support, super high stress, extremely competitive, sliding scale for pay
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 28, 2017
Fast pace at times. Learned how to be very detailed orientated. Work with a large team, training, different systems. I learned a lot about myself. Main management is a good team to work with. Hardest part is not being able to train or help a trainee understand job, and knowing they were not the right fit. Or changes to a management role (person) who was not willing to see success or see others as an equal. Most enjoyable part is a successful team that you worked with for years and seeing become successful. Helping each other grow and think of them as family.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management/Director
Liked it, not many options for career advancement
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 27, 2017
Company has good things going for it. Good benefits, good PTO package and bi-monthly company fun days.
The work itself is what's boring and tedious, not incredibly hard but you have to be self motivated. I enjoyed my time there, but a lot of people I worked with hated it and ended up leaving.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 25, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the best co-workers and trying to help other when needed.Everybody was on the same boat and will always be helpful and working as a team
Pros
meeting goals, learning new things everyday
Cons
trying to stay stay on track with your monthly goals
Love this place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 16, 2017
A great place to work! The environment and people make the job. I enjoyed going to work everyday. The incentives make you work hard and have competition with your coworkers.
Productive place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 22, 2017
There are a few things that can be worked on, especially training and management. Hours are not always guaranteed due to voluntarily and mandatory time off because of phone call volume
Fast paced environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 21, 2017
The day would start off with assisting customers with the cell phone issues, but management wasn't trained fully to utilize the necessary tools for job.
Pros
Some people were helpful.
Cons
Unprofessional staff.
Relaxed, fun environment
Commissary Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Convergent has different projects in the buildings. I was with Keefe group and I deposited money inside inmates commissary. It was probably the most easiest project out of all of them. Only conn's is that keefe group is the only project that is never closed, open EVERY holiday. The managers/ supervisors are the best and really understanding, they truly care about you. Best job I ever had, I wouldn't mind going back.
Pros
Easy, Awesome managers
Cons
Work on holidays
its a paycheck
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 5, 2017
with this company there is NO room for advancement
management is unprofessional. Although it is a paycheck this is not a long term position . This position Is temporary if you have larger goals and aspirations.
Not Worth it
Sales (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAAugust 29, 2017
This job does not pay for the things that you actually do. They say they gives raises but nothing worth being happy about. They are not consistent and mangers do not like to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergent. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9