Convergex Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Struggling Firm; hoping to Turn Around
Senior Database Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
Would not be surprised to see company sold soon. Company has put many new employees on grossly high pay guarantees which are not paying off. The trading volumes are not enough to make the company profitable.
Pros
Pay was good, people (for the most part) were nice.
Cons
No communication from management, disorganized.
Failing Company
Assistant Vice President/Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
The company is reeling after being fine $150 million by the DOJ for irregularities on customer statements. Hard to attract any talent. Many people have left.
Great Entry Level Company
Settlements Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 21, 2017
A very laid back environment where you will have an opportunity to learn. Smaller Brokerage firm so you will have to wear many different hats, but not as many opportunities to advance.
Watching a company grow
Executive Admin (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IlSeptember 1, 2015
I started working 16 years ago for the founder of our company. I watched my former boss grow this company from the ground, putting in 7 day work weeks and endless travel.
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Hardest Salesman get ahead
Good People
Self starter atmosphere
busy
Middle Office Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2014
Take notes. Isn't easy. Be ready to learn. Busy but day goes by fast.
Stressfull.
Strong learning curve for my career
VICE PRESIDENT- Global Transition Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2014
I worked for ConvergEx for over 10 years, I was able to have the opportunity to growth my career with moving into various different departments and continuing to learn the different facets of the business. My last 8 years were within one department - Global Transition Management. Our typical day consisted of working with our clients to restructure their investments. I provided continuous communication starting with conference calls to begin the trading strategy timeline, performing pre-trade analysis on the given portfolios, liase with the multiple trading desks for execution of the portfolios and developing a post trade analysis to report the transition performance.
I worked within a team of 9 in NY, but spoke with colleagues all over the world - London, Sydney and Dubai. Team work was very important within the group, constant communication was needed. I enjoyed working with all my colleagues.