Convergint Technologies Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Engineering Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 13, 2017
Convergint is a great company to work for and I recommend working there. The company promotes a culture of a balance life style and fun and laughter. They even give you a paid day off every year as long as you spend it doing something fun with your family.
Worst place I have ever worked at in my entire life!
Project Designer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 7, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work here. The management is TERRIBLE and they don't care about all of their employees. They play favorites. AWFUL!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company.
Best Company I Ever Worked For
Security Systems Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
By far, Convergint Technologies was the best company I had ever worked for. We were family, but we owned our positions on the team, we collaborated to achieve the common goal to be our customer's best service provider. We lived the V&B's, we had our challenges like most others on a daily basis, but overall I have not found another organization that holds a candle to it, even during my own times of challenges.
Pros
Great group to work with
Cons
Growing pains
Great folks but terrible local offices
Electrical Installer (Current Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAOctober 18, 2017
As a whole, the corporation and its ideals are great. Tons of talent located within the Company. Its the individual branches that are the problem. Each branch is tasked with running itself and doing so through the Value and Beliefs of the Corporation. Management is fixated on numbers....not how the job gets done, but numbers alone. Sales makes the sale at one price, even though the job may have been undersold. The Ops Manager sends it to booking...the installers/Specialist go out to do the job. Many times because the job is sold wrong, it ends up costing more and creating issue for the client. We as field personnel are on the front line of the clients irritation. The office motto is "Just get it done...", not the Company's. Great talent, great Company, not so great branches.
Pros
Great talent to work with.
Cons
Local business model is terrible.
Would not recommend working on the fire alarm division in Denver.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2017
From my perspective they are Lacking Leadership. At a National level they really seem to believe and push their 10 values and beliefs however locally in Denver it seems that management is lacking in humility and seem to be more of authoritative figures the people do what they say but not really follow them.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
Lacking leadership.
Great Place to work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Growing company with loads of potential. Company culture is fun. New offices in Schaumburg are a hoot with a Caddy Shack theme. Management goes above and beyond to maintain a fun but productive work environment.
no comments
Global Service Based Systems Integrator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 29, 2017
You need a political skill to survive here and know how to become social butterfly.
Politically smart people will have no issue surviving here regardless of performance..
Pros
fun activities
Cons
it's individual opinion
Productive and Loyal Managers and very helpful.
Fire Alarm Installer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2017
Working for Convergint Technologies is challenging but very rewarding, I learned how to run fire alarm lines and terminate devices the most challenging to me was to terminate Smoke Detectors.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
Short breaks, no compensations due to being a temp worker.
ADMINISTRATVIE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 5, 2017
Culture only applies to a few not all especially upper management. If you're a strong personalty they would rather have you resign. Management at office is lacking
Pros
Cons
Pay for work performed does not match
Decent employer in the industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 14, 2017
Small company mindset in a company that grows 20% per year. Good pay and benefits but the company is having trouble keeping up with it's growth curve.
Great Place to Work!
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 19, 2017
People and Supervisor's all great, fun people. At my time travel time was a given. If you had your PLT License it can rise your pay to three or four dollars more an hour.
Pros
Good work place.
Cons
Alot of Travel at my time of employment..
Productive place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2017
Great team environment, and overall productive place to work with great benefits. Would recommend company in the future. The AP team is a very talented group.
Fun and challenging place to work
Electrical Drafter (Security) (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 4, 2017
The company is very employee focused with the work/life balance as an essential part. The management is hands on but allows for autonomy. The most challenging part of the cad projects are the differing requirements from clients as each one has different needs.
its a very fast paced work environment
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2017
working here has its up an downs just like any other company. There is room to grow with the company if you work hard and keep growing in your career path.
Pros
room to grow
dont even think about it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2017
this place sucks I worked with the company for 2 years between the ages of 16 to 18 worst job having to deal with annoying customers and on top of that the management crew suck
Amazing Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 7, 2016
The work environment here is absolutely amazing.
We are all one big happy family. Speaking of family, they make sure you have plenty of time to do so. Their values and beliefs are extremely amazing and they stay true to each and every one. If i had to list a security company that is perfect, Convergint is right there as my number one choice.
Company promotes values on paper but not in culture
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 1, 2016
Terrible work experience. Unorganized company. Not a diverse organization. Terrible benefits which many employees cannot afford.
If your in the Business it's a proactive day of work.
Warehouse attendant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 9, 2015
Nice place to work for if you happen to be in that line of work. Office days can go one way or the other. Overall I enjoyed the people that work there.
Convergint
Technical AutoCAD drafter (Former Employee) –  rentonSeptember 4, 2015
Employes are all very kind and easy to get along with, management could use some work. overall nice and relaxed work environment
Pros
company get together, kind coworkers
Cons
poor training and communication from managment
Time of my life
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VaJune 29, 2015
Worked 12 hours a day and 6 days a week but it was the most rewarding job I ever had.
I learned a lot about book keeping, and managing the day to day expenses of operating a business.