Convergint Technologies Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 7, 2016
The work environment here is absolutely amazing.
We are all one big happy family. Speaking of family, they make sure you have plenty of time to do so. Their values and beliefs are extremely amazing and they stay true to each and every one. If i had to list a security company that is perfect, Convergint is right there as my number one choice.
Company promotes values on paper but not in culture
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 1, 2016
Terrible work experience. Unorganized company. Not a diverse organization. Terrible benefits which many employees cannot afford.
If your in the Business it's a proactive day of work.
Warehouse attendant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 9, 2015
Nice place to work for if you happen to be in that line of work. Office days can go one way or the other. Overall I enjoyed the people that work there.
Convergint
Technical AutoCAD drafter (Former Employee) –  rentonSeptember 4, 2015
Employes are all very kind and easy to get along with, management could use some work. overall nice and relaxed work environment
Pros
company get together, kind coworkers
Cons
poor training and communication from managment
Time of my life
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VaJune 29, 2015
Worked 12 hours a day and 6 days a week but it was the most rewarding job I ever had.
I learned a lot about book keeping, and managing the day to day expenses of operating a business.
Good Place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 22, 2015
Good Place to work. The synergy around the Nation and working with other offices is a strong attribute for this company.
Unorganized and Bad Management
not disclosed (Former Employee) –  Centennial ColoradoMay 18, 2015
Allows verbal abuse of employees, unorganized, no real training, terrible time management. Most co-workers pleasant to work with but management is looking for someone to blame.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Not a pleasant place to work under current management
Great work environment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Convergint has a great work environment with a family friendly feel. Great benefits and policies and they really care about their employees. Management is helpful and will work with you if there is something you need.
All excellent except one woman ruins it for everyone/everything
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 5, 2015
Working at Convergint was great. Lots of work, but OT is forbidden in the office, but field technicians catch OT and there are never enough field technicians. Very good working environment with monthly meetings. One particular diva ruins it for the whole office, but that occurs often. Management is very qualified technically, and practices excellent management skills. Fun environment, room for advancement, good benefits
Pros
fun, lots of work, technical, challenging, room for growing knowledge base and skills base
Cons
one particular diva causes a lot of hate
Great Company Morals, just a lack of motivation within the company
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 28, 2014
Came on board in hopes to make this a career opportunity. The Sales have skyrocketed and major financial gain has occurred during my term here, unfortunately I have excelled beyond my position and any attempt to discuss advancement has been delayed with no follow through, going on two years now...
Pros
Well received in the community
Cons
lack of motivation and work efforst, they take more interest in weekend topics rather than productivity
Always learning new things
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to work with my mind as well as using my hands. I got to learn new technologies. I did everything from running the cables to installing the devices and setting up the server by installing and setting up the software.
Great place to learn,fun and quiet place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaSeptember 9, 2014
Answering phones, filing, and customer service. Able to utilize great customer service skills and learn more about the company with each new customer call with different needs. Great management to work with and excellent co-workers. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Fun and Laugther Day to spend with your family.
Cons
less expensive Healthcare.
Great company, busy, stressful
Overarching Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2014
Project reviews, project discussions with internal team and Customer, daily conference calls/meetings, project execution/closeout/invoicing.

Quality management, communication, customer interaction, banking industry and security integration.

Management is very involved to the point where some instances are micro-managed by my superiors.

Co-workers are enjoyable.

I am the middle man between the Customer and our local offices, if there is an issue/error in the field I am responsible for addressing and fixing the issue.

Executing a project from start to finish and meeting/exceeding the Customer's expectations.
Pros
Relaxed office setting, Fun & Laughter Day (free day off w/$100 to expense)
Cons
Pay
Working @ Convergint Technologies
Contractor through Office Team (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMay 4, 2014
I enjoyed working @Convergint Technologies although I was only there for a short time.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
Being a contractor with limited benefits
excellent company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAFebruary 10, 2014
Excellent company to work for. unfortunately I was laid off in 2008.
Secret Clearance
Access Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Cabling and Installation of Access control equipment. Great project lead
Stable career with advancement and several great managers.
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 8, 2013
A typical day at work is a flexible schedule based of the needs of the company and the client. It would generally include technical duties and a lot of reports. I've learned about a lot of different access control systems from pulling the wire to doing a full site setup from the field devices to server/software setup. The co-workers at this company are mostly like minded individuals that work hard and enjoy what they do. They are all helpful and have no problem sharing their experiences. The most difficult part of the job is the constant requirement to keep up to date on new technologies for the customers and to be capable of doing your job. At the same time this is one of the best parts of the jobs as it is always changing and evolving.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great benefits.
Cons
Moving up to a management role.
Highly professional workplace with the options to move up.
Installer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2013
Install access control systems.
I have learned a lot as far as low voltage/access contol and relay logic.
Management is very positive and motivating.
Great coworkers who are always there to help .
Hardest part of the job is the commute.
Most enjoyable part of my job is starting up a system that we installed and trouble shooting the minor issues to make it work properly for the customers needs.
Pros
company vehicle, laptop
Cons
minimal rate increases
Great company to work for, yet no opportunity for advancement within
DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IllinoisJanuary 28, 2013
Convergint Technologies has been a fantastic company to work for, yet after 5 years in the same position, even obtaining technical certifications I have not been able to advance within the company. I wish to better my knowledge and experience with a company within my industry of interest with opportunity to advance, being able to provide new knowledge and expertise as well.
Overall good company to work for
Installer / Lead Installer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 24, 2012
They have the best Culture and values I have ever come across

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergint Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.