Pros: Benefits, bonus's, and coworkers.
Cons: Short breaks, management, decent hourly pay, high call volume with angry and greedy customers, mandatory overtime every week, rare promotions or salary increases, play favorites.
I was a customer service retention rep for the Directv project
Pros- With this job you get great benefits and great bonus's (from Directv). You get to work with great people who are always willing to help.
Cons- although Directv is a great company to work with. They honestly should get rid of the partnership with Convergys.
- the pay at Convergys is decent, but it's not a pay you can live off of.
- ever since I've became an employee, I've had nothing but problems. They say they are a company who works around you school schedule, but they don't. I've took 5 points because they would keep scheduling me during my class times, and gave me an excuse why they wouldn't remove the points.
-The point system is flat out useless. I've seen great agents fired for reaching 12 points (maximum) who were let go, while below average agents keep their job with 13 or more. They play favorites.
- high call volume that can be really stressful due to the very little breaks they give. 8hr shift=(Two 10 min breaks & one 30 min lunch) under 8hrs= (one 10 min break)
-No room for promotions. Long time tenured agents who have been here over 10 years have yet to move up.
- pay raises are unlikely. The best agents there who have been with the company for over 10 years, make the same as I do and I have only been there for a year.
- Strict breaks. Write ups if you go over breaks times.
-Mandatory overtime every week.
- cigarette smell all over.
- don't expect to get a set schedule. The days and times you work always changes whether your part time or full time.
-They will deny ALL PTO if it's not scheduled a month in advance.