Convergys Call Center

Convergys Call Center Employee Reviews

Great Co-Workers
Associate (Former Employee), longview , txMarch 26, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: Making sales offers
Answering phone calls back to back, multitasking with multiple screens and programs running at once. Hardest part would have to be trying to get the customers to buy the products I would have to offer.
Pros-Great benefits and coworkers Cons- Everything else
Retention Representitive for Directv Project (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits, bonus's, and coworkers.
Cons: Short breaks, management, decent hourly pay, high call volume with angry and greedy customers, mandatory overtime every week, rare promotions or salary increases, play favorites.
I was a customer service retention rep for the Directv project

Pros- With this job you get great benefits and great bonus's (from Directv). You get to work with great people who are always willing to help.

Cons- although Directv is a great company to work with. They honestly should get rid of the partnership with Convergys.
- the pay at Convergys is decent, but it's not a pay you can live off of.
- ever since I've became an employee, I've had nothing but problems. They say they are a company who works around you school schedule, but they don't. I've took 5 points because they would keep scheduling me during my class times, and gave me an excuse why they wouldn't remove the points.
-The point system is flat out useless. I've seen great agents fired for reaching 12 points (maximum) who were let go, while below average agents keep their job with 13 or more. They play favorites.
- high call volume that can be really stressful due to the very little breaks they give. 8hr shift=(Two 10 min breaks & one 30 min lunch) under 8hrs= (one 10 min break)
-No room for promotions. Long time tenured agents who have been here over 10 years have yet to move up.
- pay raises are unlikely. The best agents there who have been with the company for over 10 years, make the same as I do and I have only been there for a year.
- Strict breaks. Write ups if you go over breaks times.
-Mandatory overtime every week.
- cigarette smell all over.
- don't expect to get a set schedule. The days and times you work always changes whether your part time or full time.
-They will deny ALL PTO if it's not scheduled a month in advance.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work I would clock on to my system and immediately start answering phone calls from customers at a average of 100 calls a day, I learned how to assist customers in a timely matter but yet still make sure they received everything that they needed, management isn't handled that great but I do have some great coworkers. The hardest part of my job was not being able to assist the customers due to protocols but they most enjoyable part of my day was knowing I helped someone.
Fun Place
Saves Desk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaFebruary 13, 2015
Convergys is a great diverse place where I enjoyed being at so much because of the job I had helping others. Being on the phone knowing that you can help people with financial issues by changing their rate plan or something simple of that matter is great!
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: affordable healthcare
Cons: didn't pay us well enough, management not helpful
Never enjoyed working for this company. Didn't receive much assistance from the managers. Pay did not match the required work expected of you.
Great place to work.
Trusted Advisor (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: mad customers
Convergys is a great place to work if you can handle the rude customers all day. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. You work with computers all day and you sit in cubeicials. It 8 hour shifts. Hardest part of the job is talking to the customers when they decide that you are the bad person and decide to cuss you. Enjoyable part of the job is the fun environment always music playing and there is always a game or some kind of prize being given away.
THIS COMPANY IS SHUT DOWN
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 13, 2014
THIS COMPANY IS SHUT DOWN, THIS WAS A VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. CONVERGY'S TAUGHT ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BAD MANAGEMENT AND GOOD MANAGEMENT.
fun workplace
Customer Representative-Comcast (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2014
The work place was fun because of my coworkers but once you knew who to talk to in management then it seemed like people got fired from left and right. Management has an issue in enforcing rules to those they were cool with but for those management didn't really care for they wanted to write you up or fire you.
productive
Sales and billing representative (Current Employee), Rio Rancho, NMDecember 3, 2014
Review multiple customer accounts , we would go over bills and products.Learned multiple customer service skills as well as dealing with multiple systems on a daily basis . The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing your check at the beginning of each month with the bonuses made for all the sales you brought to the company.
Productive work place
Tier 1 Technical assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 25, 2014
Pros: friendly/relaxed atmosphere/benefits/good natured company
Ultimately, I enjoy my job as technical support for Convergys.
convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOOctober 28, 2014
great place to work. helps get experience. have great hours. great environment. good people to work with and just a lot of fun
just a fun and productive place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 13, 2014
work was super easy and was not a pain.
i learned how to work with a very wide rang of people.
management was great when it came to help the employees and morel was amazing. great team work all around.
my coworkers were amazing and made that place
Technical support
Technical Support (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLOctober 13, 2014
Providing great customer service at all times, even with irrate customer, also troubleshooting customer devices
Very Productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2014
I enjoyed working in customer service. My skills in multi-tasking was very advanced. I enjoyed meeting new people through my calls and the customer just being satisfied with the call by the tone of their voice or how the conversation went.
Poor Management
Video Repair Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: environment, unorganized, every one is for self
I absolutely did not like Convergys at all the turn over ratio is so high I worked there for 5 months I am surprised I worked there for that long, if you are young and just trying to make some money for the moment it is a good job but as far as a career NO...it's like high school all over again.
ok
Customer Service Rep/Retention Rep (Former Employee), chattanoogaSeptember 8, 2014
good place expect call center treatment schedules are not set but work environment was ok, large call center , no flexibility
opinion
Tech Support CSR II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
This company is fantastic and has a fabulous work evironent.
convergys
Team Leader (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: short breaks
I would sign into my desk check all required emails and reach out to me fellow team members and agents ask if anyone had any questions or concerns but what I learned from management and co-workers is that everyday has it own challenges and problems so I used all resources to make sure I corrected those issues within company guiedlines
helping people out
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILAugust 21, 2014
helping costumers with their bills and devices.
being able to get bonuses by doing a great job
Horrible management skills
Customer Service Representative / Eu Specialist (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: poor managment skills
The only thing I can say about this company is that they need new management their. Their managers play favorites with the workers there. The company really needs to make sure that everyone from customer reps to OM know how to take a call before they are promoted to a higher position there. There are some many upper management that dont know how to take a call for their life its really sad , than they took away when managers had to get on calls when the que was at its most highest call volume and leave it for all the reps to handle not right.
The co workers there are not bad , some of them are really great reps who do not get to move up because of the favorites they do there. Really sad again . I worked there almost five years and the first time in almost five years of working their I had hit 12 points which is the highest. I had a hard time my last year there and with that me giving them five years if they would of just gave me 3 days I would of had a point fall off, I even reached out to management to let her know I had to really take that point and she said she would help fight keep me there did she no. The next day at work I was let go , but I know so many that are over 12 points and they get to keep their jobs why because of favorites they play there. Some of the new reps will hit over their points within the first year and still get to stay because of how the managers plays favorites there once again sad.. They needs to work on management you cant let one person get away with some the company pushes and let some go because they aren't on your facebook account , don't bring you food , or buy you things , or IG accounts. Super sad ...

1 2 3 4