Convergys Corp

Convergys Corp Employer Reviews

Convergy's was a good company to work for during my college years.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: bonus options
Cons: work office
A typical day at work consisted of answering question for agents and speaking to customers after a request for a supervisor. The best part of the job was helping the agents. The newer agents could become frustrated at times and want to leave the job. I have had some agents tell me they would not have made it past a few weeks had it not been for me.
Convergys was a good place to work for
Online Content Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2015
When I was there, this was a great company. Unfortunately, time has taken it's toll. The department i worked in no longer exists and most of the people have left the company.
Potential to make good money lost.
Team Lead Assistant (Former Employee), Arnold, MOJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: occasional pizza parties, overtime
Cons: commission structure
Too many changes preventing representatives to make commissions they were either used to or are told they can make.
Technical Customer Service Representative an rewarding position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: $100.00 visa reward for over seven evaluations
Cons: breaks went by very fast because of the location of break room
Greeted customer with empathy from inbound calls, solved their technical problem in a timely manner mostly televisons, telephones,and computers. Learned how the cable network works in technical support.Co-workers all share things they have learned to make the job quicker and they would share with us all. The hardest part of the job was when the customer would not listen to details.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you complete a task minutes shorter than the first,and that would let you know your knowledge of the job was improving at a great speed.
Android Advance Tech. Support (Former Employee), Centreville, ILJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day was cleaning , I learned alot about my city , the management was great , the co-workers were very friendly , the hardest part was working in the son , i enjoyed meeting a lot of new people
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), tamaracDecember 30, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: staff
Call Center. Multiple staff member and floating management. nothing more to say other then that.
great
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 22, 2014
I love the pay. This job taught me a lot of patience with people. Being able to help the customer with there problem was a plus or to give customer what they was looking for.
Fun people to work with
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 17, 2014
Pros: vacation time is nice 17 days off per year
Cons: low pay and working holidays
The job as a TL is very demanding. A lot is expected for very little pay. The job is less than enjoyable it is very much day in and day out type work. You deal with idiots every day. You are expected to perform miracles to get people to do what you tell them to do..Guess what.....they don't. It's stressful and is no way near financially rewarding. You have to work holidays too. so you only get vacation days off and then comp days for the holiday
csr
csr (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 8, 2014
took calls from customer
very fast pasted environment
must very patient pay is not so good
can move up in the company
requires sitting for long periods of time
n/a
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLOctober 22, 2014
Packaging Diabetic meters/ strips
Assigning labels to correct products
Testing diabetic meters before production
Scanning all products for correct count to specific distributors
Good Call Center
Tech Support (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 22, 2014
Good environment when working with tech-support client. Low pay to start but room for improvement within first 1-2 years. Good corporate culture/structure. Excellent benefits.
Great place to get experience
Trainer (Current Employee), Taylorsville, UTOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good health benefits, free lunch for good performance, heated smokers area.
Cons: after staff lever harder to advance, not alot of part time shifts for people in school.
Work can be fun and exciting. whether I am taking chats helping customers fix technical problems with their cell phone service, teaching new agents how to take tech support chats, or helping the production floor with administrative work.
I have learned problem solving skills, managing teams, and working with clients on new training material. I have also learned how to coach agents on how to maintain metrics that clients require for metrics specific to client needs.
Management is understanding and willing to work with agents as well as staff. They make sure that not only business needs are met, but individual needs are met. They are willing to work with people that would like to learn new skills.
Co-workers are very friendly and willing to help out if needed. We work together as a team to make sure things run smoothly. Honesty is a big part of how we treat each other.
The hardest part about the job is being able to move up in the company depending on what level of staff you are. Currently as a Trainer, there is no openings for anything above this level. That and we are a contractor company for call center agents. Projects come and go. There is no real stability with the company. If they have an opening, the company is willing to transfer you projects. But if there is no opening, then they give you a severance package.
The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to see agent improvement after coaching them on a new skill. Cross training management on a new policy, as well as co-workers. Being able to create new material on updated policy's. Also being able to work with the client and operations to make sure tenured agents are trained on the updates.
I'm trying to think of something good to say....
Customer & Technical Support (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 3, 2014
Pros: coworkers....thats it
Cons: management, no growth, comp
This company is the worst I've ever worked for. Management is awful, and theres such a high turnover (with good reason) that no one seems to know whats going on at any point. They micro manage to such a ridiculous point, that we were actually told NOT to time out our system to go to the bathroom UNLESS IT WAS A SCHEDULED BREAK. What?
In addition to that, their ratings are so low that they werent receiving the call volume they needed to keep up with their employees, so there was constantly involuntary or voluntary "go home" so that they didnt have to pay you. They say you make commission, but they'll dock you for little things so that they dont have to! Example: You arrive to work 15 min early, because you know if you clock in even 30 seconds late, it counts against commission. You log onto your computer but the systems are running slowly and it takes literally 20 minutes to boot up. Too bad. They don't care. They will dock you.

This company is terrible.
Fast pace
Inbound calls rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Learned to take and answer calls faster. Learned better way at assisting customers
The trainers were good but there was a lot of fraternizing within the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2014
I did enjoy my coworkers. I made a lot of friends that I continue to interact with today. During my time at Convergys there was a contract with Comcast Cable Company and there was a division of three departments, Cable, Internet and Phone service. The trainers were good but there was a lot of fraternizing within the company. I mostly kept to myself and focused on advancement opportunities that were never available. There wasn't a professional standard but the call center was mostly diverse. The hardest part of this job was being able to focus with all of the negative change and attrition. The work schedules were also the worst that I had every heard of which made the work/ life balance difficult. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning how technology works and contributing problem solving techniques to the trainers. Convergys was a great start for me to learn phone etiquette and how technology works. As a Company, I hope that there has been some improvement with the level of professionalism and ethical behaviors within this company.
Productive workplace, and relaxing
Technical Support (Former Employee), Arnold, MOSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: calm, productive
Cons: not enough training time, job was too far
I would arrive on time, clocked in then went to work. I would access the phone and computer systems to help customers with their needs. I learned how to effectively keep and build raport with customers, learned how to be accurate, and access accounts. Management was good they had a good sense of balance on their team. Co-workers were nice. Hardest part of the job was navigating multiple computer systems that I wasnt trained on. Enjoyable part was interacting with people.
Review
Team Lead/Operation Manager Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2014
Working at the Lake Mary building was fun. A typical day normally included taking phone calls from customers to assist with serving client accounts. When I was promoted to management I became responsible for 15-20 direct reports. Every day was something new and something to learn.
Blah
USPS Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 25, 2014
Blah blah blah, Was not a great place to work, Not organized. Management and employees made it hard to come in everyday. The worst company to work for.
CSR
sales (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 5, 2014
loved the ability to work on customers issues, solve them with one call resolutiion.
Loved it
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), brownsville, TXJuly 31, 2014
I really enjoyed working at convergys, it was a great experience! I met new people and learned a lot! It was a very fun place to work at!

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys Corp

Convergys Corporation (Convergys) is engaged in relationship management. It has three segments: Customer Management, which provides – Read more