Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,020 reviews matching the search
wouldn't recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Worked here a few months, there was no structure, everyone did what they wanted, took advantage of management, was a very unprofessional environment, people show up in there pajamas for work, starts at $14/hr with no raises, no room for growth within the company...
The only good thing I can say is that the pay is ok for starting and it is an ok job to get on your feet until a better opportunity comes along...
Pros
Pays pretty well
Cons
No room for growth in company, no raises, no structure, not professional
Productive work place with great benefits and opportunities , fun environment with plenty ways on moving up in the company as well as earning extra ca
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 27, 2016
My typical day would start at 10:30 , i learned how to use plenty of pharmacy programs such as argus and about medications and prescriptions . Management is wonderful and co-workers are friendly. Hardest part of the job to me is rejection of a refill or other services we offer , but other wise i enjoyed every last minute !
Great expreience
Supervisor Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2016
A great job to start your career. You can gain a lot of work experience and discipline. It is designed for a person who has graduated from college or high school and need a little more work ethics.
Pros
Family enviroment
Cons
work schedule
we had a fooseball table and ping pong
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 26, 2016
taking care of customers and there cases
working with customers and dealing with different objectives
management was always there to do what ever they could do to help in any way
everybody was always great to work with and there was never really any drama
when customer call unhappy
doing what ever it takes to make the customer happy
Just and awful place
Advance Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 26, 2016
this place is ran more like a prison.
with always changing hours your never given a set schedule which really messes with ones life.
Not to mention the mental stress of having back to back calls in queue and not enough staff. An on a full time shift you are given only two 10 minute breaks with a 30 minute lunch

the only thing this job taught me was how to handle IT calls for I phone users besides that there criteria and software is out dated an useless this and all 3rd party customer service needs to go away.
Pros
no pros
Cons
hours, management, system, really just everything.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 26, 2016
I love working there great job
Be patient
Try your best
Make it fun
Some customers can make you feel bad but the majority of the time it's great
S well as the benefits are good
Pros
They try to help you as much as possible
Cons
Too much favoritisim
Enjoyable part of the job
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 26, 2016
I honestly enjoyed working for this compony, they are more then willing to work with you when you need it. Also they are great help when needing assistance.
Awesome place to work, very laid back.
Customer Care Professional - American Express ChAT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 25, 2016
My experience at Convergys has been awesome. My supervisor has always worked with me whenever something has come up, and I have been given a lot of opportunities here! Fun people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall comfort of being at work.
Pros
On site "convenience store" in breakroom, benefits, overtime, commission
Cons
Insurance benefits, pay advancement
Ok job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 24, 2016
The job itself is cool but it would be better if they has better Team Leads.The work hours are flexible. During a regular day of work the time go by much faster because we stayed busy with calls.
No security. Not a reliable employer
Floor Support/Coach, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 22, 2016
If the client changes you have to retrain all over again. Benefits come and go. No security. No sense of appreciation. You can tell those who care vs those who don't, and unfortunately those who don't care tend to be the ones promoted first. When the client does change your job and title is not guarenteed. You could be a trainer one week and a lowly agent the next.
Pros
easy to get hired, lots of coworkers
Cons
short breaks, healtchare, lack of benefits, lack of job security, lack of appreciation, unorganized management, OMs who contradict each other
Training was fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Training was really fun. They made u feel comfortable. Never pressuring you. Always so nice and sweet. Training was paid which was awesome. They would work with you if you need help understanding something. They would put you partner you up with someone so they can show you how the phone calls worked.
Pros
Training paid
Cons
Rude people on the phone lines
Great place, fast paced , great employees and management
Team Leader/Team Captain (Former Employee) –  OrtigasSeptember 22, 2016
I learned so much from this company, from the top management and managers, they are very hardworking and willing to share their knowledge, if you are willing to work and have ambition to be promoted and strive.
Overall even though its a very stressful job, the company takes good care of their people, by providing team building activities, Christmas parties, and very extensive training .
Not a good work environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Bad experience they don't work around your life or what you have going on. I would never go back to work there. They lowered my pay I was making 11.50 when I started and H&R Block lost their contract so I had to go with Cabelas contract and I was making 10.00
Loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TennesseeSeptember 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company for the two years that I did it is very diverse and the customers that you get to talk to hours are always readily available and pay was always good
The standards for rules and regulations can sometimes be hard to grasp and it's very easy to make mistakes and in this job those mistakes get you fired very fast
Un organized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2016
Unorganized company but need lots of diverse and new people was able to expand in the company with a lot of dedication and hard work
Pros
Fun days
Cons
No leeway when struggling
It's Ok.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 21, 2016
This job is very very easy. You sit and answer phone calls all day and assist customers with their problems.The thing is though is now you must get DirecTV sales and you must Add a line to an account on every call and they are really changing for the worse. Instead of being about assisting the customer, it's all about sales. On top of that your schedule changes at least 6 times every couple of days, so you never really now what time to be there, and you have to watch your back because some people will purposely befriend you to stalk your social media and use what you post to try and get you demoted and or fired. Also your stats and surveys are vital. The best part of this place and maybe the only reason I put up with it is the real friends you can make.
Pros
Easy job; Pay is Ok
Cons
Schedule Changes; Sales; Stats;
Fun environment,excellent employer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTSeptember 21, 2016
Love my supervisors i have had, love my co-workers they have been like family. I have enjoyed working for Direct TV and convergy's at a employer. I answer inbound phone calls for Direct TV customers. I work in the retention department which isn't the easiest at times. I have learned how to be more patient. I loved when i could really help a customer and they were so grateful and appreciative. Convergy's overall is a good company to work for.
Pros
Free Direct TV
Cons
Not being able to help a customer due to your limits of ability.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 21, 2016
A basic day at the company is clocking in start taking calls you have two fifteen minute breaks and one hour lunch through the course of your shift , I learned top of the line customer service, tech support skills, management is semi ok they can do allot better on educating employees better on benefits. Co-worker are really nice amazing atmosphere. The hardest part is the scheduling and keeping down attendance points they make it so easy for you to get them but hard to drop them off so eventually they have great employees leaving or being let go because of having to many points even though there stats are at top of the performance list and the employee with a bad performance has less points but there stats are awful get to stay , so then it puts the the TL in a hard place and they allot of times have to let some of the best people on there team go. The enjoyable part of the job is actually getting great call from customers who enjoy the experience of the call with you and will want to call back for any assistants.
Another enjoyable part is coming to work seeing people that you enjoy working with ones that motivate you and encourage you on a daily basis people that make you want to come to work knowing there going to teach you something or learn something new for that day
okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 20, 2016
It was not a very employee friend job. Overworked. The management was chosen by who were favorites.You only got promoted if you were well liked by the management team
Drama filled
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 20, 2016
This is a horrible location. I won't say that the company is bad, but the Valdosta location is horrible. All of the managers are dating each other, and employees. It is just not professional.
Pros
Money
Cons
Environment