Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,031 reviews matching the search
The work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 30, 2016
I do not recommend this company to anyone. The management is horrible. The company is horrible. No wonder the turnover rate is so bad. I hate waking up everyday just knowing I had to be at this place.
Cons
micro mange, unorganized overall terrible place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2016
i did not like this job and would not recommend it to anyone who is trying to find a career. Company has no empathy for employees an they micro manage which makes it difficult for you to believe anything any manager says.
Convergys is one of the best Call Centers
French Billingual Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 30, 2016
Convergys had a good work environment, however, not a very clean place. I learned technical aspects to my job. Coworkers were very nice.
Pros
Cafeteria, Attendance incentive which paid every six months as a raise.
Cons
Management promotes employees by using favoritism.
Convergys review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 30, 2016
Overall well, good paying job, good work enviornment and good training classes to prepare you for working, it was fun and enjoyable and was very well rounded as far as teachings and appliance
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Schedule
Greenville Idol is an incentive they have annually for the top ranked performers in the entire call center, and I won Greenville Idol in 2009.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2016
This call center was divided into two different projects. Express Scripts was on one side and Charter cable was on the other. Express Scripts was the project I started on and the last year I was there, before moving, I was promoted to a team lead for Charter Communications. I did very well in making sales and it was a big change from the Express Scipts project beause I had to make sales or upsale on the equipment that the customer already owned. I enjoyed the Charter project the most because it was more challenging than the ESI project. No sales were required on the Express Scripts project, we only handled inbound calls from medical providers, such as, physicians, CNA's, RN's, and all different pharmacies throughout the nation. Each one required an overide, a pror authorization, or info/codes that they could use themselves to get a claim to go through from their side. I really enjoyed talking to all types of people from different places around the world, learning something new everyday!
Pros
Incentives and bonuses
Cons
phones calls couldn't last no more than 3 to 5 min
Need to work on pressure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTSeptember 29, 2016
They pressure you all the time to sell. Yes that is part of your job but at the same time you can't always make the sale. Not everyone is a brilliant salesperson that can word everything correctly.
Productive and Fun environment
ISM Agent (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 29, 2016
This line of work is very goal oriented and we work with irate customers on a daily basis. Work mates and team leads are very helpful and we also assist our team mates on known issues as well. The hardest part of the job is working with customers who feel they've been misled by another agent and are requesting some type of compensation which I am not allowed to offer. The most enjoyable part of this job would be resolving all of the customers issues and finding resolution on their questions and concerns.
Pros
Monthly activities, rewards for reaching a specific goal
Cons
Short breaks, disrespectful customers, loud agents / team-leads on the floor while on a call
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2016
Fun place to work only seasonal but good money and a fun fast pace to work. Ability to meet a lot of new people. Strict dress code but overall good place to work
Productive but drama workplace and unprofessionalism
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at work was high-call volume with customers calling in to make a payment on their insurance or ask about doctor/physician referrals. I learned another way of communication skills and excellent customer service. The management there was very unorganized and everyone tried to be the "Boss" even though it was only 1 person running the floor. My co-workers were nosey and talkative people who did not mind their own business.
Pros
Comapny incentives
Cons
Short breaks
World Wide with great systems but site closed
Directv ACE Team leader / transition team leader (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 28, 2016
World wide company with sites everywhere. Great system and software, consistency in managers. You feel valued working there. They give out gifts year round. Issue are rapid change in policy, lack of communication sometime, and site closed, with little warning or next steps provided. Thrown to wolves told to find your own job.
Pros
Great system, world wide reach, consistent management
Cons
When things get bad your left hanging fending for yourself

Want to know more about Convergys?

Ask a question
Steady work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 28, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was everyone on the team tried to help each other. the system was very easy to learn and the training was extremely thorough.
wouldn't recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Worked here a few months, there was no structure, everyone did what they wanted, took advantage of management, was a very unprofessional environment, people show up in there pajamas for work, starts at $14/hr with no raises, no room for growth within the company...
The only good thing I can say is that the pay is ok for starting and it is an ok job to get on your feet until a better opportunity comes along...
Pros
Pays pretty well
Cons
No room for growth in company, no raises, no structure, not professional
Productive work place with great benefits and opportunities , fun environment with plenty ways on moving up in the company as well as earning extra ca
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 27, 2016
My typical day would start at 10:30 , i learned how to use plenty of pharmacy programs such as argus and about medications and prescriptions . Management is wonderful and co-workers are friendly. Hardest part of the job to me is rejection of a refill or other services we offer , but other wise i enjoyed every last minute !
Great expreience
Supervisor Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2016
A great job to start your career. You can gain a lot of work experience and discipline. It is designed for a person who has graduated from college or high school and need a little more work ethics.
Pros
Family enviroment
Cons
work schedule
we had a fooseball table and ping pong
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 26, 2016
taking care of customers and there cases
working with customers and dealing with different objectives
management was always there to do what ever they could do to help in any way
everybody was always great to work with and there was never really any drama
when customer call unhappy
doing what ever it takes to make the customer happy
Just and awful place
Advance Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 26, 2016
this place is ran more like a prison.
with always changing hours your never given a set schedule which really messes with ones life.
Not to mention the mental stress of having back to back calls in queue and not enough staff. An on a full time shift you are given only two 10 minute breaks with a 30 minute lunch

the only thing this job taught me was how to handle IT calls for I phone users besides that there criteria and software is out dated an useless this and all 3rd party customer service needs to go away.
Pros
no pros
Cons
hours, management, system, really just everything.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 26, 2016
I love working there great job
Be patient
Try your best
Make it fun
Some customers can make you feel bad but the majority of the time it's great
S well as the benefits are good
Pros
They try to help you as much as possible
Cons
Too much favoritisim
Enjoyable part of the job
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 26, 2016
I honestly enjoyed working for this compony, they are more then willing to work with you when you need it. Also they are great help when needing assistance.
Awesome place to work, very laid back.
Customer Care Professional - American Express ChAT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 25, 2016
My experience at Convergys has been awesome. My supervisor has always worked with me whenever something has come up, and I have been given a lot of opportunities here! Fun people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall comfort of being at work.
Pros
On site "convenience store" in breakroom, benefits, overtime, commission
Cons
Insurance benefits, pay advancement
Ok job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 24, 2016
The job itself is cool but it would be better if they has better Team Leads.The work hours are flexible. During a regular day of work the time go by much faster because we stayed busy with calls.