Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,905 reviews matching the search
A positive work environment.
Sales Representative I (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 25, 2017
It has really good benefits, attendance policy is really strict but overall the income is great. A typical day at work for me is clocking on pulling up our systems to assist our customers when calling in for issues. What I am still currently learning is being a in a sales environment typing on a day to day basis taking notes on the customers needs. Management at Converges is really disorganized. Workplace culture is formal attire and professional attitudes. The hardest part of this job is getting a feel for the systems to assist customers when they call in. The thing i enjoy the most is offering our sales getting to know what the customer is like just from talking to them.
Pros
Health Insurances
Cons
Short Lunches
negative working experience
Customer Service Representative/Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 23, 2017
I found working here to be an unfortunate experience, time and time again. I worked for 6 contracts and did not enjoy any of them, I did not enjoy the small paychecks, I did not enjoy getting denied personal time off that I once was approved for and getting denied after that on such short notice. I did not enjoy the management who always seemed bothered whenever we needed help on a supervisor call. I also did not enjoy working in a place where favoritism took precedence over hard work
Pros
free redbox movies
Cons
low pay, expensive choices for health benefits, management who did not want to be there or do their jobs, the fact that they will hire ANYONE, they will even someone who has been arrested for harrassment multiple times
It is a good job but lacks balance
Employer Customer Service/Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  columbus, gaMarch 19, 2017
A typical day a work is clocking in, clocking out and making sure that your job is done correctly. Please note that there will be a change in rules about everyday and you would have to comply immediately or be written up even if you didn't know. The job starts off rough and doesn't work well with school and personal life but they are getting it altogether. I've learned about DIRECTV. The management team does not have it altogether but they are pushing to get there. It is a very diversified environment. The hardest part of the job is getting them to work around personal things and school, and complying to the daily changes in their rules. The most enjoyable part of the job is the compensation and benefits.
Pros
Discounts, compensation, healthcare, pto
Cons
short breaks, instability, disloyalty, daily changes
Scheduling was very flexible.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2017
The typical day was taking incoming calls from customers with routing needs. I learned how GPS and mapping worked. Management was helpful. There were people from all parts of the USA. Even though we were in North Carolina; in the training class, out of 19 people I remember less than10% were actually from North Carolina. Stress came when there was some sort of high scale tragedy, hurricanes, snow storms, ect. However we were well trained and had sufficient tools to successfully assist the caller. The majority of the calls were customers who just purchased a new vehicle, so they called in excited, and happy.
Pros
I learned alot about where to find places to go and things to do in North Carolina.
Cons
There was no benefits offered at all. no medical nor no life insurance. Not even 401K options.
A nice place to work at, considering this was my first call center experiance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 3, 2017
This was my first experience working at a call center. It required a lot of focus to learn the customer service approach. Such as, responding to customers and the feedback needed to resolve customer issues. Sometimes it was difficult to find solutions based on the tools provided within the work place. The people were friendly. It was frustrating/hectic at times during inbound calls. The pay was ok, the benefits were ok too. leaving/quitting a place like that was difficult based on my personal time outside the workplace(my car broke down, and my absences didn't help much). It requires a lot of time and arrangement to have a steady, organized life.
Pros
the pay was ok and there was pay raises, they offered prizes too
Cons
the benifits wern't that great, and sometimes it be frustrating to handle some situations in the call flow work environment
Convergys - Intuit Project
Quickbooks Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 29, 2016
Convergys is a call center company. Employees take calls for intuit and help intuits customers solve problems happening in their Quickbooks Online Software. A typical workday can range between 8-10 hours a day and schedules are on a bid system.
Co Workers here are average workers with some or no experience at all. Some are just retired even.

The job can be stressful and the learning curve is steep for most people when learning the Quickbooks Software. But if you stick it out long enough you can really gain some practical experience in Quickbooks. You will learn basic accounting principles just by working with the software. The biggest positive with this employment is that there is so much to learn and so much experience to gain.
Pros
Work Life Balance Acceptable, Decent Hourly, Good Managers, Helpful Support Staff
Cons
Unpredictable Holiday Schedules, Steep Learning Curve, Stingy Raises, Difficult Bonus System
Great job to have when searching for the right job
Chat tech agent (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 6, 2017
Convergys is a great place to work. Awesome benefits. Pay is awesome. Overtime is unlimited to agents.
Management can work a little harder with working with there agents rather than worrying about whose team wins the most perfect surveys.
Incentives are great.
Security for my job is a 0. I feel like I could loose my job in a moment if my stats are not perfect.

Over all, I would rate this an average job. Great pay.
This job is only for me until I am out of school and get the job i desire with my educational background.
Pros
Benefits, work perks, pay and unlimited overtime
Cons
Management, not a secure job and unable to work with you and your school schedule.
Better than nothing
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Convergys is a call center run by a wonderful woman and several others with various degrees of professionalism, composure, and sensibility. The base pay is agreeable, but before long the stress of keeping your statistics up to par and handling the general poor morale of the workplace will have you jumping through hoops to get another job. While some of the lower management is amazing, compassionate, and helpful, the chances of getting an awful, inconsiderate, counterproductive team leader are comparable to a game of Russian roulette. Some days are very good, but as time passes the low moral, stress of meeting sales and keeping a low average time, and workplace drama will burn you out. Recommended for those who don't have other options or simply for those who thrive under negativity.
Pros
steady pay, agreeable benefits
Cons
workplace drama, poor management, unnecessary workplace stress
Soul crushing
Android Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOFebruary 7, 2017
The training received is inaccurate at best. I was lied to about transfer protocol, what the policy is on how to handle customers issuing threats, and when to transfer someone to a shiftleader. Supervisors rotate. You won't have the same boss two days in a row. When you're filling out future job applications, you have no name to put down as it's different every shift. Chances are, you'll be laid off right before you can fill out your papers for benefits. They hired me for one shift and then switched to another with no warning. Unless your availability is completely open, don't bother applying. Everyone is depressed. Unless you suckup to the right people you will not advance. They will tell you not to script your conversation with customers but your greeting must include certain information in a certain order and then you have to ask certain questions in a certain order. How is that unscripted? It is a truly mind numbing, soul crushing, hellish environment.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
terrible management, terrible training, no advancement, no job security
It's how you make it to be
BBWC Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2017
The job itself isn't hard. I worked in BBWC doing welcome calls. My only issue with that department is our job is not to sell products but focus more on setting up accounts, but we still have metrics to meet as far as our sells, which I don't understand. The benefits are good, the management is okay as far as team leads. The management higher than the TLs is pretty perfect. They'll listen to your needs and work with you as much as possible and resolve any issues you're having pretty fast. The pay is good, the commission is also good. The only thing about commission that I truly loath is if the whole department doesn't meet its numbers, NO ONE gets their commission. That truly gets on my nerves because my money shouldn't depend on everyone else's numbers, but it's not as bad as I'm making it sound. We normally meet the numbers each month.

Overall, it's a good job, but like I titled this, it's all in how you make it to be. If you make it hard, expect the worst otherwise I till like it.
Pros
free lunch for events, higher level management is good, easy advancement oportunities
Cons
no set schedule, commission variance, high call volume
Just another day at the office
Assist customers with troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 27, 2016
Can't clock in 5-10 min ahead of time. Either you clock on at even time or take a point for being a minute late. 10 different login sites for tools.

Microsoft can come in at anytime they please a fire any one they wan't. Even though it's not their place to even do so.

Management is okay.

Co workers are a hit and miss. Either they treat you like disease or their nice.

It's difficult to help people with troubleshooting. They don't even listen. Can't tell them to shut up. So we have to listen to how their problem is ruining their long life goals.

But hey the best part is going home at the end of the day.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Having to deal with incompetent people. Every single day
Convergys isn't the best but you can meet cool people
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Convergys is good for a short term job, most of the time the management is not the best aside from a few and the co workers as well. There are times you can meet some good people on the floor and also on the phones but the training isn't good you learn everything when you get onto the floor and there are times when you deal with some horrible people on the phones. The benefits are pretty good you have the option to get medical, dental, and eye insurance and that is something I like. the job isn't to hard but the hardest thing to deal with is the co workers and management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hours at first and managment
productive moderate sales friendly work environment
Sales& Customer Representative/Ats tech.Support (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2016
I liked working at this job because I was good at my work so I reaped the benefits handsomely when payday came around. In regards to the Job culture, I believe they let anyone work here for the most part, which can be a good and bad thing, As with almost every call center in america the people are very negative and most people are just here to get the hourly pay not even attempting to get the commission bonuses, I think most people thought they were unreasonable and unattainable. But I loved a challenge. The management team is pretty competitive and do what they can to keep it lively. Be careful however because they can be underhanded sometimes in regards to competitiveness and they definitely have favorites. Attendance is very important here. If you can stay consistent they will work with you and pay you well. Oh! They love to promote from within.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Scheduling Flexibility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 20, 2017
I loved working for Convergys honestly but they are not very upfront with you about a project ending. You are kind of shuffled from one project to the other but they do keep you employed HOWEVER the benefits from the last project don't always carryover EX: if you are getting a discount on cable but are moved from the project you will now pay full price and you will be stuck in a contract. Base pay was average and some projects have great incentives and bonuses others not so much so be sure to ask about that. It is hit or miss with the managers they get power happy a lot and play favorites but if you just go there do your job and leave you should be fine. Scheduling was great! They have a PTO as well as UTO and you start earning that from Day 1 but can't use it until after training of course. You are expected to work a lot though especially around holidays even when you you have no manager because they are off for two weeks lol but you will find team members who can cover for you on days you have to have off usually. Lots of overtime!!!
Pros
Bonuses; pay; scheduling
Cons
work/life balance
High call volume, sales oriented, goal focused, daily interactions with all levels of management, advanced trouble shooting skills used every day.
Customer Service Representative/Trainer/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37042January 24, 2017
Every day started with a problem with systems/software issues to be fixed so we could maintain customer service levels. I learned to be able to multi task and problem solve at all times. The hardest part of the job was trying to encourage someone who had no interest in working or assisting a customer. The best part of the job was when coaching an agent and seeing them light up when given praise for a job/goal well done.
Initially it was a fun and exciting company. The last 5-7 years were very hard due to continued outsourcing
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2017
I worked in many areas, but with the exception of the last 2 years were all in the Quality Assurance (Testing) area. Initially we were testing main frame applications using main frame test tools and methods. Eventually we started testing Unix related applications.
The most enjoyable part of the job was streamlining testing and helping new testers that joined the group.
The hardest part was watching the entire IT department eventually get outsourced over 7 years. Those of us left behind were expected to support the outsourced teams even though they could not get the job done.
Pros
I felt I was well paid
Cons
All the outsourcing and layoffs; all perks and benefits eroded over the years
Educational, Good place to get experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYFebruary 22, 2017
This job has its ups and downs. Its hard taking calls all day with people who are angry but not everyone is mad. Convergys was good about proper training on how to deal with angry people. I learned how to read peoples thoughts and make them happy again. I gained much knowledge on computers, software and hardware. I was often recognized for going above my duty to satisfy customers, awards for score card excellence and often assisted in training other agents
Pros
Public contact, decent benefits and always uptraining
Cons
Weak management
Great Pay if you can stay focused
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2016
It's a job and that's it
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAJanuary 19, 2017
If you need a place to work, they'll hire anyone. I loved this company when it was Stream, before it became Convergys. Now all they care about is making sure there is someone in the chair to take the call. Benefits are terrible. Insurance is outrageous and a joke. They'll lie and promise you whatever just to get you hired to meet a contract quota. Half of the time, they change bonuses so you won't even get them or they'll make up some excuse as to why you didn't qualify for the bonus and/or incentive that quarter/month. They will string you along, telling you they want to promote you and want better for you. However, when the time comes, no promotion and it's given to someone who "hangs" out with the boss or is attached to their hip, rather than the person who actually deserves the job and has worked hard for it. Basically, don't waste your time unless you're in desperate need of a job and don't care about getting lied to or stepped on. Terrible company and they lose all of their good or tenured employees due to lack of actually caring about anyone but themselves.
Pros
A lot of coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Great company to work for, excellent benefits and pay
Specialist-Voice/Data Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2016
A typical day would start with checking new emails and tickets in the que. New tickets would come in and the higher priority tickets required my team to be on a bridged to work the ticket real time until it was fixed or a work around put in place. If a work around was put in place the bridge would be closed and we would have to work on a permanent fix for the problem. Sometimes this would require working a window starting at midnight an ending at 05:00. The company is exceedingly well managed. I worked with a great team of people, we had our good times and our bad times. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the changing IT environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people.
Pros
Excellent Healthcare, pay raises and some perks, like Reds tickets on occassion.
Cons
Midnight windows and on calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.