Convergys

Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 4,446 reviews matching the search
Good Start
H&R Block FS Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2016
This company has helped me get into the professional work environment the easiest way possible after college. At times there can be break in communication, but the tasks they set for themselves get done.
Work with a lot of different kind of people.
Technical Support and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 5, 2016
You have 5 weeks of training at first and then get sent to the phones after that. You take calls from clients about their bill, bad service, wanting more options, wanting to cancel, etc. Hardest part is employees attitudes.
Pros
Twice a month they fed you for free
Cons
very short breaks, can not even go to the bathroom sometimes.
Learning enviorment with growth opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 4, 2016
I would take inbound calls for customers whom were having issues with the cable, phone, or internet. Troubleshooting was the main idea for all issues, but if non could be fix then I would send out a truck for service. I've learned how the network of cable actually works when having troubleshooting issues. Management was helpful in each field. Co-workers sort of stayed to themselves getting task done. Hardest part of the job was when your not able to fix a customer's issue due to a tragic incident that only tech operators can resolve. Point system, overtime offered consistently played a major view in this job.
Pros
contest, rewards
Cons
pay rate
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I feel like my training was terrible. we were not prepared for the work that was expected of us. When there were additions made to the company we wernt trained properly then either. Employees are under a lot of pressure. i always had a headache until i made it home.
Pros
pay .
Cons
stress
Good Job
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28262February 4, 2016
very interesting job dealing with onstar giving directions to various customers. Learned a lot about geographics and dealing with people..
Pros
health and dental benifits
Cons
high call volume, no freedom
Not the place for me
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 3, 2016
Convergys was ok to work for but for the customer service position they emphasized sales to much. If you are not a natural born sales person this is probably not the job for you
Pros
Comfortable work place and benifits
Cons
Expect A sale on every call
Poor Management; Does not value employees
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I worked at Convergys for 3.75 years and held 5 different positions. I put in long hours for the company and not once did I ever feel valued. There were constant management changes and nobody was ever on the same page which cause a lot of confusion and unhappiness with managers and employees. Convergys gets away with paying agents and managers the bare minimum for what the job entails. The agents started off at $11 and hour but for all the work they did for Advanced Technical Support on the AT&T account it was no where close to being enough. As a trainer who worked his way all the way from the bottom as a agent my salary was just a hair over 29k a year and if you measured my salary into 40 hour work weeks I was making $13.83/hr. but every week would come out to at least 50 - 55 hours. I would recommend Convergys for any young person who needs to build up their resume but nothing further then that. I am now 24 years old and I have built a nice resume but I would never return to Convergys.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Wage, Management, Schedules
Great place to work with great people.
Travel Guide/Custopmer Service (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTFebruary 3, 2016
I answer customer inbound calls, and help them with their travel plans. I have learned about parts of the world i never knew existed. And have added to my travel bucket list.The people and management are great. They really care about you and do what they can to help. The hardest part of my job id just sitting all day.
Pros
They feed you all the time.
Cons
Cold sales
Great temporary Job
Customer Service Representative/ Convergys (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Easy place to get your foot in the door...not too many requirements. Training for H&R block product support, however, is too short (2 weeks) could have been executed a lot better.
a very nice enviroment
Sales and Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 2, 2016
you will learn something new everyday about this job. the management is wonderful, i will preferred others to work there, i left due to transportation and it was far far far far away from where i lived
Pros
making a sale on a call is the best
Cons
short breaks
non productive an horrible workplace
Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
as a typical work day all you do is go in to the job and sit down a start dialing outbound until you get to go inbound(if they favorite you). I learned in order to get ahead in this company you need to become friends with the owner and you need to stay and do "overtime". the management her is very lousy, it sucks to see that if there is a customer that needs a supervisor, they tell you to tell them to get them to customer care or they will tell you to schedule a callback but they will never call back the customer, the co workers rely on each other here, very lazy and they never do their job, you have to do things by yourself, even if they never trained you for it, the hardest part of the job is getting the manager to actually work with you. the most enjoyable part of the job to me now is getting ready to find a new job, would never recommend this place
Pros
Cons
short breaks, benefits, help
this place sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2016
I was working in the sales part. the money was great but its supposed to be plus commission. i never got my commission check the entire time i was there. Also they have an EXTREMELY high turn over rate, and people would get fired over simple things. would not recommend at ALL!!!
I enjoyed working for the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company and I enjoyed working from home I answered the phones and did sales for 8 hours. I worked from home and I really like the direct tv project that we worked on. I did sales and customer trouble shooting and bill issues for the customer
Pros
work from home
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2016
management is half and half not too bad but some don't really know what they're doing. benefits are decent for the type of job. hardest part is giving the job your all and treating customers well with no real "thanks" from company like working and not getting a pat on the back
Pros
easy and decent work area
Cons
management
Godd company to work for on a temporary basis
Work from Home Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2016
Base wages too low. To much emphasis on sales and not enough on customer satisfaction. Unrealistic sales quotas requirements that are not consistent with types of calls taken in call center
Friendly Enviroment
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed working at Convergys. The co-workers I worked with were friendly. All of the customers I helped on calls were very thankful for my assistance.
great company
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoy working for them I enjoy coming in each day seeing the faces I know and bringing in new faces each month. I enjoy the company and its values and have gained the best experience here.
Ok
AT&T Warranty Exchange Representitive (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 28, 2016
Job is ok if you want or like to work talking on phones all day,other than that its really just another job nothing out of this world
Pros
EASY WORK
Cons
LOW PAY
Worse Management Ever!
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 28, 2016
The Job is a joke! The Company does not know how to train their employees properly. They push people to our last nerve. The company job is to help other companies with the work load that the actually company can handle. Time is not your friend anymore. It just sucks all over. Pay is good tho if you can handle a lot of stress and have no humanity. Benefits are sorry and very expensive.
Pros
Good pay and benifits.
Cons
Work Area.
Lack of communication
Escalation Agent (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJanuary 28, 2016
I worked for a certain company that was within Convergys. Our department was shut down due to the management not completing their jobs correctly. I loved what I did within the company, but I would not bet on it being a career place.