Convergys
4,495 reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

Very fun environment
Call center Agent (Former Employee), Honduras, INJune 29, 2015
Convergys was a very fun environment due to the fact that we were working for SiriusXm radio. Our Team manager would always clap for a radio sell each one of the agents made, or we would do activities such as pop a balloon get a little paper from the balloon and maybe be lucky enough to get 15 min off the phones
Relaxed work environment
Quality Evaluator / Auditor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJune 29, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: compensation
This was a pretty good company to work for, but the compensation was not very good. Flexible schedule and they valued family time.
Decent
Technical Support Chat Agent (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJune 29, 2015
Convergys is an decent company to work for. The employees are good people and are fun to be around. The management although never around when needed, are also good people. There is bonus structure but Convergys has made it so that they can take it away at no notice and not give you an bonus that you worked hard for. They also have incentives like gift cards, electronics and things like that to keep you going and reach your goals. Occasionally they will feed you. The job is tedious, the customers are usually rude but you do have your nice ones that come in. Moving up in the company is possible if you reach their very hard but attainable stats. Over all I would give this company 3 stars as it is an job that pays the bills and it does have its moments, but personally would not work there my whole life.
Job security
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Roy, UTJune 29, 2015
Pros: People and the ability to learn
Cons: The health coverage
The main thing I enjoyed about this company was the advancement opportunity and the multiple projects that they had so if one project went down there was always the option to move to a different project
All around fun
High performing sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
Pros: 3 weeks of training/hands on training
Cons: coworkers
The job was great, management was great, and hours were great.
Training was very thorough.
Pay was amazing.
Company really cared about their employees.
Only issue was coworkers. Some just thrived on drama.
management
Operations Manager (Former Employee), UtahJune 29, 2015
Site leader strives to make the job experience fun and enjoyable. Some projects are very demanding and fun to work with.
Room for career growth
Human Resource & Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Longview, TXJune 29, 2015
Convergys is a great company that allows you to grow, and has many opportunities for you. Enjoyed the many different opportunities it has afforded me.
large company.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), South Ogden, UTJune 28, 2015
Pros: large company to work for.
Cons: Very busy environment at times.
I worked for Direct TV and took incoming calls for current direct TV customers having questions about their bill or wanting to switch their programming. I enjoyed talking to the customers.
ok job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2015
really wasn't a fan of management different personalities but the job was fantastic I love helping the members and providers with the information they needed
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 27, 2015
Overall good company. Taught me a lot about customer service and also a lot about technical troubleshooting and resolving customers needs.
There was lots of room for entry level staff to move up.
Tech Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 27, 2015
Pros: 401k, medical, job security.
Cons: Long bad hours in small quarters.
There was at least three tiers of support while I was working at Convergys. One included was dealing support to customers needing help with Linux operations, as well as various Virtual machine software. No doubt this included some expertise in networking.

I learned a lot about intergrating my self into the phone tech work force, mainly policies and procedures. The rest we learned on our own with the help of a staff support supervisor.

Since I was new, I had the graveyard shift, and since at the time I was taking sedating medication, this was unacceptable due to the long drive home in the dark, so I left.

It was a tough job, sitting all day in a chair, enclosed in a small cubicle, and most of the people I came in with did not stay.

I loved the satisfaction of making a sale to a customer, more so then resolving their issue, which, the fix was crucial to making the sale. It is a clever system Convergys has devised.
Also fun, and good company
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2015
Loved the company but I didnt think there was any chance of a promotion, and even though I was the 2nd best rep out of what used to be 90 or so people in my department, I was laughed at by my team manager when I asked him if he thought I should look into a promotion.
Terrible place
Inbound Sales and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Logan, UTJune 26, 2015
Work your back off for people who yell at you, both the customers and the management are terribly angry %100 of the time. Managers do no help at all.
CONVERGYS needs to pay their workers a living wage.
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJune 26, 2015
Pros: Had decent Holiday dinners for you if you had to work
Cons: Don't try to accommodate you in scheduling and was very strict when it came to attendance.
With the exception of Convergys not being a job that pays a living wage that you are able to take care of your family on, You do come across nice people that you can retain a friendship with after work hours, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. Convergys is a place of employment for young people who are students, childless and for people who need a part-time job. This isn't a job for a single parent looking for full-time work. You won't make it on the salary if you don't have a degree. The hardest part of this job is that your schedule change every four months, which is hard if you have children and no help with childcare. The company don't pay you enough for childcare and they don't work to well with you to try and accommodate your schedule if you have children. Overall, Convergys isn't a bad company to work for.
N/A
Technical Support Associate I (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 25, 2015
A typical day is answering technical questions for customers. The hardest part is being on the phones all day and dealing with angry customers. Management and co-workers are ok.
inbound call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: 401k, health insurance, 40 or sometimes more hours
Cons: breaks and lunches never seemed long enough
This is a third party supplier of human resources to solve customer issues. They have contracts with sorts of companies which supply and serve or a product. I was on a computer repair account, an internet service provider account, and a cable television account. Customer issues ranged from repair, to billing, to retention, and up selling customers more services. The hardest part was maintaining composure with the next customer after being yelled at by the previous customer and not given an opportunity to fix their issue. Did not happen often. The best part was being recognized by my peers or management with doing a great job for the customer.
Great working environment
Dell Pro Support Technical Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 24, 2015
It's a great working environment with great co workers and managers. The benefits are decent and the pay is not the greatest.
Call center
CSR (Former Employee), HazelwoodJune 24, 2015
customer solutions representative, tech support answering phones and assisting customers with resolving
their issue by troubleshooting their cable and internet Collections ,Calling and notifying customers they that have payments due
Was able to learn a lot about how handling of calls for tech support worked
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: Training was very important and helped a lot
Cons: Could sort of foresee a lot of problems coming down the pipeline.
I had a lot of good work done at that site and it was a lot of comraderie that made the job more pleasant. It's essential to write notes and make sure you have your passwords. I wasn't so impressed by the situation of where to sit.
not the best, not the worst
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Watertown, NYJune 24, 2015
The worst parts: not being able to stay on one contract. I was placed on 3 separate contracts in a 10 month period, so I did not feel as though I had job security. I would get to the point where I was finally comfortable and felt I had a firm grasp on how to do my job well and then would have to move on to another contract, it just left me feeling defeated and like a hamster on a wheel, always running but getting nowhere. Another issue with being bounced around from contract to contract is the bouncing around of the rate of pay. Agents that have been there for years end up making the same hourly wage as a new agent and I just feel as though they should be entitled to a higher rate of pay, especially if having to be downgraded from a contract that pays(for example) $14/hr to a contract that only pays $9/hr. That is a really huge drop in income and those agents should be entitled to a higher hourly wage. I also feel that the training is lacking in certain areas. I never felt completely trained on the tools that we needed to access to assist the customers, I felt that their main focus was mostly on the education of the product and company rather than the actual step-by-step process.

The best parts: getting to meet and work with a lot of different people, gaining a variety of job skills, and I also had the opportunity to obtain my health insurance sales license, which they paid for all the training, materials and exam/licensing fees. They also do pay a higher wage than most employers in this region.

Managers: As with any job I have ever worked, you have great managers – more... that will help you any way they can, and then you have ones that just seem like they hate their job and don't want to be disturbed.

Co-workers: I enjoyed working with the majority, there are some really cool people that work there and I am still in contact with many, but as with every job, there are a few that were just miserable people to be around. If you are not a people person or cannot deal with difficult personalities, this is not the job for you. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries