Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,616 reviews matching the search
Nice enivronment
Customer Service Representative- Greet (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2016
Taking calls all day and helping customer with issues on there security system and billing questions they had, I learned to be more professional when speaking with others and how to calm customer down when being upset about a situation. My co-works were fine got along with many. Hardest park of the job is being on the phone all day if your getting multiple angry customers back to back and having to stay positive and be very helpful and helping with there issues. Most enjoyable part of my job was actually being able to solve majority of my customer issues and receiving great surveys and comments back.
Pros
free lunch here and there
Cons
short lunch breaks
Fun but unprofessional.
Customer service and Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33619May 7, 2016
Although it can be really fun at time, it is too unprofessional for my taste. From the way the dress code is implemented to the language that is used, it feels like one is back in high school. The hardest part about working here is the fact that there are too many people that want to be leaders. When you need help people blow you off and act like you're burdensome. Everyone talks about team work but is only motivated by money and other self seeking interest. I learned thhat you have to elevate yourself. Promote yourself.
Horrible Company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 5, 2016
They change your schedule the day before you are supposed to work and tell you you have to work it or else. Management is awful. They don't care if you are getting paid properly or not. I was cheated out of $5 an hour for the month of April and nobody seemed to care. Coworkers were great and taking care of the customers was ok too it was just the so called management that needs to learn a thing or two about running a business. And they wonder why they can't fill even 1/3 of the building. Treat your employees better and maybe you could.
Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 23, 2016
• Ensured that all customers' needs were met through a need based conversation.
• Help customers with troubleshooting steps and self-help options regarding their high speed Internet, cable, and phone services.
• Collected payments, making sure that each customer is satisfied and every need is met by the end of every call.
• Worked 9 hour shifts and also mandatory overtime when necessary. Exceeding quality goals biweekly to maintain position.
• Reason for Leaving: Found Job with higher wage.
Productive day ,making sales and providing customers
Call/Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2016
A typical day at Covergys would be you come to work ready to provide service to the customers. Go on our first break eat snacks, play pool, video games and also ping pong. We would have team meeting once a week or twice to learn about the new product that we have. The management it ok and for the co-workers some are a little out of hand. The hardest part of the job is when they change the system around and we have to adjust to it and forget how we're taught to learn the new way. The most enjoyable part is my team itself.
what i rate convergys
DIRECT TV SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 26, 2016
my typical day at convergys was answering phones managing customer accounts management always helped me anytime I needed some of my co workers were willing to help each other the hardest part of the job was having customers cuss me out cause they didn't understand what I was telling them do to the fact that they wouldn't let me finish explaining what I was telling them the most enjoyable part was helping customers and getting compliments for what I did to help them
Pros
exciting
High Stress High Reward Job
Universal Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 6, 2016
The people you get to work with are all capable and fun people. The management is engaging and helpful. The sense of community there is amazing and the longer you stay the more benefits you receive, including pay raises. However the stress of being a Universal Customer Support Agent can certainly take its toll. For those who have issue with constant interaction with angry/frustrated customers this is not the ideal place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, great community
Cons
Vigorous attendance policies, frequent unhappy customers
Good place to work and better yourself
Customer Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAMay 8, 2016
The hardest part of the job is to learn to take everything in stride, whether it be an upset customer, co-worker, or principle. However, being able to conquer these things, and put your stamp on them is what makes the job enjoyable. Working with a team through challenges brings everyone together and you develop a sense of family among your co-workers. Management also strives to ensure that you are taken care of, and have the tools available to do your job properly. You will learn good communication skills and the knowledge about the product being supported can be invaluable.
revolving door for employees
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
Worked for Convergys for four years at Charlotte location off Harris Blvd. They work you like a dog, counting every minute you spend on the phone and off, expecting overtime when it meets their needs. This is a typical call center environment. Some managers are good , some leave much to be desired. With each new year, new hires were paid less money starting out but they do pay a commission on sales. Not a very positive environment to work, poor training overall but they did offer a decent compensation/benefits package. If you do not meet the goals they set, expect a pink slip and the front door. My advice, look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
compensation/ benefits
Cons
overall environment
great team, great management
Supervisor/Team leader (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMay 19, 2016
Working with Convergy's was my first call center I had ever worked for. I learned how to manage a team after a short while of being an agent. It was a great jump in opportunity. However, Convergy's had lost the lease to Direct Tv and was no longer going to be doing business with them at the Pharr office. The only office that would be available would be in Brownsville Tx. Unfortunately i was not able to continue with Convergy's due to the location at the time.
Pros
Always fun work environment
Cons
it was a thrid party company, if it was solely Direct Tv the pay would be more.

Want to know more about Convergys?

Ask a question
Stressful, fast paced job, high call volume, great benefits
USPS Agent (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 24, 2016
Customer service for the United States Post Office. Angry customers calling in and your job is to de-escalate the call.There is high call volumes so you need to work as efficiently as possible to meet the customers needs so you can move on to the next caller. The benefits is what keeps the employees at the company. The pay is great and the company offers benefits!
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, company rewards great work, pay is above average
Cons
Stressful job
Convergys
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 24, 2016
I did not like working here as it is a lot like APAC. They hire anyone and do not care what those people know. I thought it would be a good expierence to get into higher end Technical Support positions but I could not stand working here. No one knew what they were doing (including the supervisors.) They underpaid my entire team the first two paychecks and they didn't seems to have eagerness to fix it.
Pros
multiple companies to work through, some hour lunches, money incentives
Cons
knowledge, training, management, pay
A Collaboration of Tech students and locals
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 19, 2016
All kinds of people of all walks of life work there, just like any other day make sure to be on time and clock in to your ID number and open your troubleshooting programs (8 I think), Typical day resulted in 50 or 70 inbound calls about how the service was bad and how they (the customers) had charges to their accounts that they and their kids were not aware of. the most joy got out of the job was sitting next to the friends I had made during my training.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Dealing with Bad People
Fun place to work
Customer service/sales representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 20, 2016
At Convergys I provided customer services and sales for a major cable and cell phone company. I learned a lot about how to de-escalate upset customers and how to overcome objections when it comes to sales. The hardest part of the job was trying to achieve the sales goals everyday. If I was struggling on a certain day, it was easy for me to talk to my manager to see what I could do differently. This was a really fun place to work with a lot of incentives to keep all of the agents focused and energetic on the calls.
great environment, room for advancement, decent pay
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
High paced environment, answered incoming calls regarding the customers phone bill. I learned how to really exercise my multi tasking skills, I learned how to train other employess new software and new techniques on how to problem solve. I had some of the best co workers because we really believe we were a team. The most enjoyable thing about this job was being able to help people
Pros
Company family day, room for advancement, execellient hours, great benenfits
Cons
they moved
Good Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work would include signing into my computer and pulling up all of my applications and then logging into the phone and start answering calls. I've learned many different personalities. I've learned how to make irate customers become less irritated when they talk to me. Management is very good.
My hardest part of the job would be not knowing the type of person i will come in contact with.The most enjoyable part of my job would be the fact that i can connect with someone over the phone and feel the satisfaction of knowing that i have helped someone resolve their issue.
Unfair to Employees and Customers
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXApril 27, 2016
I made a lot of friends but i felt that we were being to pressured to simply sell and had to constantly stand up for the sales reps and their lies. I enjoyed helping people over the phone and meeting them as well. it was a decent environment and atmosphere simply because more than 60% of all people felt the same way including management. Great entry level job though for those interested in helping people.
Good if you are a sales type of person
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 11, 2016
Only been there a couple weeks and I already want to quit. If you don't mind customers yelling at you, recorded calls, metrics with every call, and pressure to sell then it's the job for you!
I feel like a robot. Also, I felt like the training could I prepared us better but you're thrown into the lions and to figure it out. The computer system could be better so the customers don't scream at you for being slow.
Pros
Commission, overtime, can move up if you kiss butt
Cons
robotic, pressure, recorded calls
it's a good experience but also a bad one
Phone Representive Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 13, 2016
working here it teaches us to have great customer service so we can proceed to other jobs and do excellent. Down fall is that were putt in situations where were kind of own our own when dealing with escalation calls. Good side is that when dealing with angry customer all the time it teaches us strategies on to calm an situation down.
Pros
self indepent
Cons
when we honestly need the help we have to fight to get it
Chrysler Project Specifics
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTApril 8, 2016
During my employment, the project was struggling due to failed leadership. We had an extremely high turnover rate, and I recall many times in which our customers suffered due to a lack of personnel. Management gave contradictory commands, and could often be found slacking off. I remember feeling like the project was doomed to fail, and our contract would not be renewed.
Pros
Office work, primarily outbound calls, use of corporate funds
Cons
Disorganized and unprofessional management, low pay