Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,885 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2017
it was a good place to work did not like how the other employes dressed but the money is very good and you have potential to make a great deal of money hear they train if you fallow directions you can move up in the company very easy.
very patient and respectful environment
Customer Service/Retention (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 25, 2017
the training was the overwhelming part for me because i was a new mom but overall i loved the experience everyone was polite and helpful the sercurity is great
Pros
good sercurity
Cons
the food
Laid back but also strict when needed
Customer Service/Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at Convergys is almost never the same as the day before or even the week before. It could be the best day that you've ever had OR the absolute worst day you've had.
I definitely learned to have more patience with people and myself.
Management was usually good! But like in every job you will have those select few that are not so good.
The workplace culture is great.
The hardest part(s) would be having to sit in the chair for your whole shift. I mean you can stand but who can stand up and type? Not me.
The other hardest part of working there is learning not to get an attitude with a rude/hateful customer that just keeps on you even though you are going above and beyond for them.
I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Pros
Cookouts/Rewards
Cons
Sitting all day
I loved working there, but they let me go
Customer Service – Inbound Call/Chat Center (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 24, 2017
I was actually very content working there. I liked answering phones and thought I was good at it. I even had others tell me I was good. But, when it came time to certify a bad call was selected and I was let go. Too bad their loss.
Pros
growth potential, flexibility
Cons
insurance, certification process
High Call Volume
Call Center Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2017
Always trained for techinal rep,right after training with billing. Very high call volume sadly no teamleader to help. Have to get use to adult channels and conversation
Pros
Breaks and Lunch
Cons
Call Center floor
Fun work place and great coworkers
Medicare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXMarch 24, 2017
Convergys was a nice place to work, I would recommend someone to apply if they enjoy a fun work environment and great individuals to work with! Very easy job, provider customer service through the phones.
Pros
Great Environment, Great People
Cons
No Healthcare or benifits
loved it
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 24, 2017
loved it here, amazing team working for them. they are very caring, and love their jobs. They have good compensation and incentives for their employees.
Stressful environment with inconsistent and uncaring management
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  charlotte, ncMarch 24, 2017
This job appears as the perfect work place from the outside, but once you pass your interview, which isn't hard due to the company's high turn around rate, you are thrown into a web of lies and deceit. They do not appear to care about their employees and it seems to be because they hire a variety of people all the time. They are non consistent with policies nor pay. The job does not provide a sense of security.
frindley
Lens Crafters sales and service representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2017
long hours no time to do anything kind of job sitting for so long especially if you do outbound you just leave voicemails all day for the mist part...
Great work ethic.
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2017
The training for Convergys was educational. The environment was hectic at times but management made life easy. We did have a heavy case load but I was invited to work as an operator which was an honor. I appreciated managements ability to find a good fit for the employees.
Pros
Positive workplace.
Cons
Heavy case load.
Productive but draining workplace
BBWC Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2017
Convergys Corporation is great to its On-star customers but the same can't be said about its employees. They are overworked and seriously taken advantage of by the current executives.
Pros
Can make alot of money
Cons
short breaks, mandatory overtime, constantly at work(no home life)
Nice working environment with cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 23, 2017
Convergys gave me my first experience in the call center world and it was quite the experience. Started on the AT&T Wireless account which was sold then became a different name so we had to be retrained on how the new company wanted their customer service reps to handle their calls.
Not a place I'd recommend
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Erlaanger, KYMarch 23, 2017
I was interviewed on the phone for one job with one amount of pay, and then in my FTF interview, it was for another job, with different pay. Two weeks into working the job I was interviewed for, in person, I was switched to the job I was originally offered. I was told I'd be working one shift, guaranteed hours, and they changed my hours twice, with zero notice. The only good thing about this company is they pay good and have decent benefits.
great place to gain new experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 23, 2017
well with this company i really enjoyed working with a lot of new people the culture was very mixed so i got to meet new and fun people form all over the world they were great and i loved working for them
good pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTMarch 23, 2017
First job i held through a temp agency and still got paid the same as the regulars. i worked my butt off here for the directv program. i worked more then 12 hours a day. if i had to do it again i would. love this place.
The job would be okay if the management would be more professional
PCA (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 23, 2017
Providing members with information with their insurance and billing questions. There is not good job security and management really don't show concern for their workers and things that happen in a every day life.
It was alright
DirecTV Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 23, 2017
This job was good, but not the best. I was selling DirecTV and it got really difficult. I ended up with a lot of angry customers calling every single day. The shifts were long because we had to do mandatory overtime and it made it longer with people screaming at you all day. It was difficult, but my coworkers were awesome!
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Angry customers, bad management.
Fun work environment
OnStar Advisor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 22, 2017
Great learning experience, work environment was very peaceful, very cultured, lots of helpful mentors, very caring coworkers fast paced environment lots of opportunities for advancement
Pros
Pto
Great environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2017
My experience working at convergys was great. It was a friendly environment which didnt have me feel intimidated when starting. Overall it was a good work experience.
Not good
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2017
Most of the time there is favoritism and a lot of rackets while trying to make sales or assist a customer. Many times you are supposed to have a break but the leaders never let you unless its lunch.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Something's you don't get your commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

74%