Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,620 reviews matching the search
Fun and wonderful workplace
DirecTV Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 27, 2016
Fun and wonderful place to work. Tuition reimbursement was a plus. Management was nice and always willing to help the employees with customer accounts.
Friendly workplace
Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 26, 2016
It is an ok place to work. There are great supervisor. They take pride in their work. I enjoyed the environment but not the extra work that was not needed.
High stress and turnover, good experience builder
NetApp Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 25, 2016
If you dont mind the stress, this can be a good job to build experience that can then be taken to other companies, or sometimes other accounts within Convergys.
Has potential to be a fun enviroment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 25, 2016
This company is on a day to day basis very unorganized. There is no unity in the upper management. I am one to enjoy a competitive environment, but it seems like everyone is compared to one another, and there is no drive to improve. It's a perform, or else kind of enviroment.
Pros
Great people to work with on a colleague
Cons
No push to improve an employee
It was just Ok
Professional Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 25, 2016
This company was ok. There is always an opportunity for people to get a kick start in a new field. They hire a variety of people.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2016
enjoyed my time here. great company. the only thing that I didn't like was the hours. would go back to this company. I recommend this company to all my friends who are searching for a job., this company is always hiring. mainly because people cant take the schedules. that's the only thing I hear people complaining about.
Great!
DIRECTV Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2016
I loved the job it was almost to easy and the trainer was way cool, wish i didn't leave! I hope that everyone has a great experience like i did.
Pros
Location.
Cons
Clients.
Stressful, fast paced job, high call volume, great benefits
USPS Agent (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 24, 2016
Customer service for the United States Post Office. Angry customers calling in and your job is to de-escalate the call.There is high call volumes so you need to work as efficiently as possible to meet the customers needs so you can move on to the next caller. The benefits is what keeps the employees at the company. The pay is great and the company offers benefits!
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, company rewards great work, pay is above average
Cons
Stressful job
If you have a bad attitude
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 24, 2016
You have to have a great attitude to work here. You will come across some hard to please customers as well as the mang. team. They do have basic stats that you must achieve. I have been there over a year and like it just need to make more per hour to survive. They are the type of place that you can work a 40 hr week and still need some type of assistance to survive.
Pros
climate control
Cons
stress
Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2016
Convergys is a calling center where you can grow and move up in positions if you put in work. base pay was reasonable and you have room to make commission and bonuses.
Pros
PAYS well, Room to move in position
Cons
schedule
Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 23, 2016
• Ensured that all customers' needs were met through a need based conversation.
• Help customers with troubleshooting steps and self-help options regarding their high speed Internet, cable, and phone services.
• Collected payments, making sure that each customer is satisfied and every need is met by the end of every call.
• Worked 9 hour shifts and also mandatory overtime when necessary. Exceeding quality goals biweekly to maintain position.
• Reason for Leaving: Found Job with higher wage.
Great company to start work. Job security is your ball and chain
Universal Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 23, 2016
Great company to start working for if you are fresh to the job scene or looking for work in between careers. There are many things lacking at this company. Pride. Competent management. Holiday pay. Tenured agents that aren't twisted in some way,
A great experience
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2016
Working here was a good experience. I was able to refine my customer service skills. It was an eye opening experience. An opportunity with a lasting impact.
revolving door for employees
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
Worked for Convergys for four years at Charlotte location off Harris Blvd. They work you like a dog, counting every minute you spend on the phone and off, expecting overtime when it meets their needs. This is a typical call center environment. Some managers are good , some leave much to be desired. With each new year, new hires were paid less money starting out but they do pay a commission on sales. Not a very positive environment to work, poor training overall but they did offer a decent compensation/benefits package. If you do not meet the goals they set, expect a pink slip and the front door. My advice, look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
compensation/ benefits
Cons
overall environment
Great environment
WIRELESS ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 23, 2016
A work day at Convergys consist of taking calls from at&t customers and assisting them in their wireless account management weather it be walking them through their bill or how to use their online billing to simple task such as a number change, Working to Convergys taught me how to effectively communicate, it also taught me patience, understanding and empathy. I loved the management from the team managers to the highest rank in the building, they were all understanding and helpful in anything I brought to them. The hardest part of the job for me was the system changes, which wasn't too bad but took some getting use to. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customer especially if they called in upset and they got off the phone feeling better or like they made changes to what was best for them or if they simply called in for understanding and received that.
Pros
Benefits, Promotions, Wages, Bonus Benefits
Cons
N/A
Customer Service
Subscriber Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2016
My job consider helping OnStar customer with directions, and etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get around all over the U.S. and Canada.
Retention
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 21, 2016
Although it was a bit stressful working in retention, I learned a lot from it and gained wonderful customer service skills.
very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 20, 2016
great job I becaem a coach and trianed employees I worded a lot of hoursand the people show i wokred with were great day good company to work for
Pros
I trained employees
Cons
hard to work with irrate customer
Workplace was productive.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2016
I really like Convergys. It gave me a lot of customer service experience, I feel like I can work in any call center now. We spoke with customers daily, about their services.
Fun Place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2016
I Loved working here and I Wish I Was still working here today wish ID never had quit. I Loved the Team Leaders I Had a pleasure of coming across my Trainer was amazing did an excellent Job of training us.