Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 7,497 reviews matching the search
A fun place to work with positive encouragement for advancment.
CSR III / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81004June 23, 2017
While working at Converges I learned many ways to resolve customer concerns. I was properly trained in all aspects to excel in my career. I was provided ample time to complete all job tasks. Customers would call in for assistance with products which included how to troubleshoot devices how to set up devices along with billing resolution and explanation of insurance policies. At times customers would be upset or confused I would assure and provide accurate answers to reassure the products they have are there to simplify their lives.
Pros
Training; Support to customers;
Cons
N/a
An alright place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2017
I actually like working here. and the job. The people are nice, but the consistency in schedules, advancement options are not there. Management does have favoritism. To get a raise you have to move up, and there are 1500 people here. Constantly getting moved to different departments. Its very frustrating. To get benefits is nearly impossible.
A decent place to work
Customer Care Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2017
Convergys was an average place to work. You have to be willing to commit to different things and depending on the projects you are expected to meet some goals. I would say most of the management is willing to work with you and easy to get along with.
Productive, nice culture, but bad system
ATT Mobility Technical Support/ Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 23, 2017
Working remotely is a great experience, however the systems that are required to work from home are faulty and constantly going down. The IT support time is anything but that, and constantly places the blame on the user.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2017
A typical day was to arrive at 7:30 am and take inbound calls about GE 401K. Making changes to peoples elections and increase or decreasing their percentage from the their paychecks. Processing regular and emergency loans to customers. During elective time of the year I helped process the documents that people send in. Making sure that they have filled them out right and if not highlighting the area of change or fill out and re-mailing then out to the employee. I learned alot about the process of how money gets put into different elections and how benefit processes work. There was not hard part of the job. Everything came natural to me. I loved every minute of the job.
Pros
All my bosses were great.
Cons
There were no cons.
Great place
Cusomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2017
Great place to work at, everyone is friendly and the work is pretty easy. As a customer representative, you handle phone calls from all over the world. Mostly has to deal with hunting equipment, personal information, and learning about the outdoors. While making small talk with customers, we learn together about each other so it is easy to do business afterwards. The hours are pretty good, though it is a little commute to travel.
Pros
The whole place is very relaxed
Cons
Commute
extremely productive, fast- paced, stressful at times
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 23, 2017
The workplace is very noisy & fast-paced at times. The workers are very nice & will help new trainees with anything they need. Management as well was friendly and attentive.
Meet great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 23, 2017
What I enjoyed the most was speaking with customers from all over the United States. I learned how to listen closely to customers needs. I also learned how to stay patient throughout the call with upset customers. Convergys made it fun to work there. They have an excellent Human Resources department.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays and special occasions
Cons
Difficult at times to sit all day in front of a computer.
fast pace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2017
Working a Convergys was a great experience to gain knowledge of a call center workplace. We had to meet different adherences, percentage, and sales points.
Stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2017
If you like being yelled at about things that are out of your control this is the perfect job for you! We handled the escalated calls meaning that the person who handled the call before us messed up the customers account and we had to smooth everything over will a small amount of options very quickly.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
You have to be empathetic and get rid of the caller all at the same time.
nice work area
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2017
a typical work day at Convergys you can take about 30 calls day you will get some customers that are irate mostly because they don't know how the security system works most of the time but it is nice to help them. the management is nice and they care they will try to do what ever possible to keep you around they will work with you if you are having problems at home they will try to work around schedule if needed. honestly the hardest part is dealing will a angry customer but its nice to hear that they are happy when we have fixed there problem that's they most enjoyable part.
Poor Costumer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
I was working in the retention department, alot of upset costumers wanting to cancel services. I also helped costumers upgrade to another phone, and make changes on their count.
Fast-paced environment, fun supervisors
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84405June 22, 2017
High-pressure inbound/outbound call center. Up-sells, and exceptional Quality Assurance reviews required. Leave requests routinely denied. Overall, not an unpleasant experience.
positive environment, awesome place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 22, 2017
good place to work, most higher ups were their to help if you had an issue/problem whether on the job or personal.Tools for learning were sufficient, work environment was upbeat and positive.. hardest part of the job were the customers that got on the line yelling and cursing at you, my other issue was learning tech support.. but once i was shown how to navigate the system and access my tools it was a breeze!... the only thing I did not enjoy was employees would be switched to different departments a lot sometimes not by choice. And shift scheduling is all over the place
Pros
incentives and bonuses
Cons
shift times and switching departments.
technical support
Customer DSL Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
This is a great company call center to begin your career in the customer service call center industry. Good pay starting off like another company. good overall job.
Good job for entry-level or beginners
FedEx Website Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 22, 2017
A great way to get your feet wet when learning customer service and computer/typing skills.
micromanaged quite a bit. Very little relationships between employee and management.
Pros
Consistent
Cons
Consistently worn down
Productive, helpful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2017
It was an alright place to work. It has its perks and you learned alot of patience working at Convergys. Getting people to their destination, selling them minutes and helping them update their GMC vehicle.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
Short breaks, stressful
Stressful workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  ManilaJune 22, 2017
Too much stress on the account joined. The environment is also not that good as too many people are not being nice to each other. Mostly you have to work longer as there are limited people working on the site.
Customer Support/Technical Assistance
Work from Home Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOJune 22, 2017
This positiion enabled me to work from the comforts of my home servicing customers in resolving technical issues with their internet and home phone service. I enjoyed the time spent with this company but needed more flexibility to set my own hours.
Fun place to work at
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
Work schedules were very flexible and the culture was uplifting. The company valued their employees and always found ways to motivate their employees by offering incentives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval