Convergys Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,908 reviews matching the search
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 24, 2016
Working for this company was more trouble than it was worth. They were very unorganized and made unreasonable demands. They weren't employee friendly at all.
Need a job
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2016
I was making some good experience being a bilingual agent with this company where I was dealing with French Canadian people over the phone and by email. I had made a good 2 years and half of translating documents by responding to email in French Canadian while the answers were made in English
Pros
good computer system to work with
n/a
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2016
very nice smooth working environment. Fun and nice mangers, flexible time work around your school schedule. pay very good and one time
Pros
breaks
Cons
food
Busy environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 24, 2016
Position was a good position but very stressful due to constant changing of requirements for bonuses that actually negatively effected the amount of bonuses rather than increasing.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Negative effect with change in bonus structure
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2016
It was fun of laughs but not professional. Fast paced. Calls come in back to back no break in between. Scheduling was not consistent and the hours changed each day.
Not very Professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 24, 2016
A lot of immaturity coming from some of the management and staff/people actually get into fights there/Very hard as well to get help around there when you needed it/Escalation team did not want to answer their chat and several times I had to walk back to their desk to get their attention and they were on their phones.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Fighting
Convergys Review
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 23, 2016
All together, a great place to work, if you can handle the MENTAL stress that comes with the job. Great opportunity of making great money, if you apply yourself.
Pros
Awards, and Bonuses
Cons
Working with customers over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 23, 2016
Job overall was fairly decent. If I had to choose to work there for a lifetime, I would not enjoy it. Hours was okay. And pay was also. I enjoyed my coworkers the most.
call center
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2016
Convergys is a great place to work in especially if you just got out of high school and have no call center experience. Depending on what project you're in you don't have a manager on top of you all day. You get paid well and have the chance to move up within the company.
Pros
benefits, breaks
Productive work environment
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
Enjoyable place to work with a broad range of different people to work with and around. A very fast paced work environment.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Shifts
Nice to work for, ever changing/evolving environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2016
Nice company to work for, ever changing environment projects wise, and various bonus structures per project. Hard to advance in company from a customer/support professional position.
terrible factory like atmosphere oreinted toward technology
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 22, 2016
This company is HORIBLE towards anyone who has a life beyond computers and money. The company rules are strange as paper and pens are banned to the point that an employee can be fired if they are seen using these items anyway or the company grounds. security is paranoid. I Don't work here if you are a human or an older worker over the age of 23. older workers are encouraged to quit as they are not valued for knowledge and experience.
Pros
good location
Cons
short breaks, intolerate of work/life balance, techno freaks paranoid Security ANTI paper and pen
productive work place with lots of hours
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 22, 2016
Everyday is a productive day taking calls and helping to resolve the customers issues quickly and efficient over the phone. It is a friendly work environment with great working hours.
time off
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 21, 2016
I did not like the way you dont have control over your time off. i have never worked for a company that makes you put in paid time 5 weeks in advance. i do not like that i cant use my unpaid time on the days i actually need it. you literally have to beg for the time off.
It Was A Good Run
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2016
Great for a first job, definitely got a lot of customer service experience under my belt. Always willing to work with your schedule. I enjoyed how they let you come to work comfortable and gave a lot of chances especially to those who didn't deserve it. The downside is that they could be very unprofessional at times and even mess up on checks. Overall, It was a good run.
hostile environment and horrible management
Technical Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORAugust 19, 2016
I have never worked for a company who had such horrible management skills...and communication skills. This company is very selfish and greedy. I worked there almost 4 years with one wage increase at 90 days. People hired after me with less experience were earning more than rest of people on the floor.
Pros
vto
Cons
everything
sales assoc
Sales Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 19, 2016
it was a dreadful place to work in. customers complain too much and when sales reps tried to solve issues, it never seemed good enough, customers always found more to complain about, just to get a few cents knocked off their bills
Pros
lots of room to work your way up
Cons
stressful
Jail Time feeling
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 19, 2016
If you like being treated like an idiot and herded like cattle then THIS is the place for YOU!!! Rules out the a** but they ONLY apply to a few select employees... Feels like your in jail and your surrounded by people who are just there to collect a check not interested in really "working" or quality of work.... This place is awful
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lunches are TOO short & hours are horrible
good
Microsoft Business Intelligence Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2016
Good company to work. Very helpful Management. Helpful for beginners. Provide employment for the starters. ........
Fun and productive place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santo Domingo, PRAugust 18, 2016
It is a good place I started working in Convergys as my first call center experience it tought me how to handle angry customers also I have learned and improved my English a lot