Convergys
4,160 reviews

Convergys United States Employee Reviews

STAY AWAY!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 23, 2015
Pros: work at home, work in pj's and get paid for it, UTO and PTO
Cons: everything else
I work on the Directv project. A typical day at work is getting back to back to back calls. You never ever really get a break in between. When you are first hired, you are totally lied to by the recruiters. We started out with about 25 people in our training class, and by the 2nd month, we were down to less than 10 people. That's all because it was discovered that we were all were lied to by the recruiters.

Training will be for 1 month. On the job training starts the 2nd month, so for those 2 months, you will work M-F, 10:00am - 6:30pm EST...off every weekend. After those 2 months, BEWARE! You will only get schedules that are 12:00pm - 8:30pm (YES 2ND SHIFT) - you can say goodbye to 1st shift FOREVER, and your schedule WILL change every week. You will NOT have the same off days each week, and most of the time, they will be split off days...meaning you will work AT LEAST 1 weekend day EVERY WEEK (possibly two). Also, be prepared to at least once per week having 1 hr of mandatory overtime (usually tacked on to the end of your shift). So when that recruiter lies to you and tell you the latest you will ever work is until 8:30pm EST...NOT! Could sometimes be 9:30pm.

You are also told to FAKE it 'til you MAKE it once you are on the phones. In other words...tell the customers what they want to hear whether it's right or not. I'm just sayin'...

If you are assigned to BGI (billing and general inquiries), be prepared to deal with upset and irate customers all day everyday! Because Directv practices not being "upfront" about pricing with their potential customers, – more... the BGI representatives get ALL the backlash from the customers.

One of the hardest parts of the job is when you need assistance from your TL (team lead) or a Supervisor, you have to wait FOREVER which means that your customer has to wait FOREVER which takes up your AHT (average handle time) which they hound you about all the time. TL's, Supervisors, Management - EVERYTHING is NOT always in AAC (agent answer center), so when we reach out for your help and when you finally decide to assist us, STOP telling us to check AAC. Trust me-we have already checked because we are dreading having to come to wait for help from YOU! It's ridiculous!

The most enjoyable part of the job is the two 10 min breaks and 30 min lunch break each day. Oh yeah, and CLOCKING OUT...

Last, but not least...there is no work/home balance. How can there be when you work 2nd shift?? My son is at school when I start work, and it's time for him to go to bed when I get off work. Tell me where the flexibility is in that? At least give us a day shift to work once per month so we can spend the evenings with our families! We can't event spend Saturday's with our families because you have us working ALL day then too... – less
Positive place to be employed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDApril 22, 2015
Overall, Convergys was an outstanding place to work. The management was excellent to work alongside and there were plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement.
exciting plact to work hours suck tho
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hickory, NCApril 22, 2015
Convergy's does a criminal background check as well as a drug screening test for all employees, which is paid by the company. There is also 6 weeks of paid training at 9.00 per hour. The training is 8 hours per day 2:00pm to 10:30pm. During training you get two 10 minute breaks and 1 30 minute break for lunch. Once you have completed training you go into transition. At this time depending if you are full or part time your breaks will change. For part time you will work a minimum of 25 hours but you will get mandatory hours that you will not have a chance to deny. During your part time shift you get 1 10 minute break.
Horrible place to work
Digital Life Billing and Retention Agent (Former Employee), Clarksvill,TnApril 22, 2015
The managers play favorites and if you are not one of those people working there it horrible. They mess with your PTO and the stress levels are just way to high.
Good money, terrible job.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 22, 2015
Pros: Nice break room, nice equipment, good training, good money, good benefits
Cons: You literally get paid to be yelled at and hung up on.
If you really need a job, go there. If you can pass a background check, you're in. The hours suck, the quotas are almost impossible to meet, but you get paid well. So if you can endure being yelled at all day for things that are so beyond your control, go for it. Not for everyone, but the TL's are really nice, usually.
Good First Time Call Center Job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix AZApril 22, 2015
its a good first time call center job, very easy work to do, Very easy to learn make sure u use your tools and resources, co workers I has where no too bad management was so so not much to say about them hardest part of the job is dealing with management what I love about my job was it was fun learned alot
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Olathe, KSApril 22, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: temporary
customer service for ATT win back deptartment, Trying to convince customers not to leave ATT, making special arrangements and offering special deals on service.
Fast Placed learning envirnoment
Customer service rep (Current Employee), work form homeApril 22, 2015
Great place to work great environment learning and stress free and coworkers are great motivators and team leads are great communicators and love the friendly environment
Overall bad experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pueblo, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, trading hours/ extra hours
Cons: Horrible HR, Lazy supervisors, late scheduled lunch's, scheduled breaks, bad communication, double standards
I found Convergys to be a great place to start out when looking for jobs. I loved/love my job at Convergy's i've met a ton of awesome people HOWEVER, they do a horrible job with their HR department. In the time i've worked there soo far I've witnessed:

A supervisor sexually harassing another agent and got away with it with a slap on the wrist.

and power hungry supervisors fire people because they were too lazy to coach and develop the agent into a productive employee

I had difficulties with the place aswell they run off a 12 point absence system missing a day = 1 point. So i had a sick family member they did nothing to help me with medical leave so my absence points just continued to stack up and eventually i was written up and had my promotion taken away from me despite having doctors excuses and medical documentation.

so whatever you do! NEVER GET SICK and HOPE TO GOD no one you know that you care about gets sick they don't care and they won't help you.

They actually don't follow the Colorado state laws pertaining to lunches and breaks so yeah that's a thing.

Oh and one last thing! i had a couple friends sign on with me they advertise a 200$ sign on bonus for everyone that stays past 3 months. I'm well past double that time frame and still haven't received that compensation... I have a feeling I will never see it so don't bother with that the HR departments too irresponsible to get those out.
Petty, high school like environment
Customer Service/Project Manager (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOApril 21, 2015
The worse place ever to work unless you are absolutely desperate. The managers and supervisors are a joke as well as the HR staff. They could care less about their employees.
great friendly enviroment
True Green Bill Collector (Former Employee), olathe kansasApril 21, 2015
I really enjoyed this job the employee were great and awesome managers. I learned a variety of aspects of the job. the hardest part of the job was learning all the scripts and screens at first.
fast pace enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: it was a wrok from home position
Cons: angry customers
Convergys is a fast pace company where you answer calls based on At&t customers. Dealing with plans, payments, and technical issues
WORKING AT CONVERGY'S
Csr (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 21, 2015
Pros: GETTING TO HELP THE CUSTOMER'S.
Cons: NOT BEING ABLE TO LOWER CUSTOMERS BIL BECAUSE OF A MISSING PROMOTION.
MY TYPICAL DAY WORKING AS A CSR IS MAINLY HELPING CUSTOMERS WITH ACCOUNTS AND GOING OVER BILLS IF THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM ALSO TAKING PAYMENTS AND REVERSING THEM AS WELL.
Great insentives
Customer Service (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTApril 21, 2015
Pros: Paid bonuses
Cons: Buisness Location
I did customer service and maintained customer satisfaction. I also was trained for technical support for situations with the customers satellite. The hours were great and I worked around many people.
hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2015
I did not like this job. the managers were very rude. you coundnt move up in the company. they do not train very well. they didn't take care of their employees very well. were always changing the rules
Simple task Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 21, 2015
Simple things like checking a bill and helping a customer can turn into the hardest thing you have to wait more than 10 min for help and by the time you've received help your customer will be upset
incentives galore
CUSTOMER SERVICE/PHONE SALES (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 21, 2015
Good place to work for. This company has good benefits. The training hours a little crazy- 6am to start training was something!
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Some managers leave something to be desired. Pay
Convergys gives you excellent training and prepares you to work from home. I really enjoyed working for the client that I had.
Productive and learnings about being a call center agent.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), P07April 21, 2015
Pros: Free snacks and unlimited drinks.
Cons: shortbreaks, lunch, breakfast, health benefits.
On the day i got the slot to be part of the team on that company i felt so blessed. Then the first day i started the job training its really a challenge to me a lot of co-workers are so brilliant on many ways. I learned on that job training was to be more active in listenings skills so that i can do my part to solve customers problems. Ways to be more sourceful and have patience in assisting customers and not to mention to get hot when customer/client is not in the mood. About the management they are well organized to manage like me as their agents. My co-workers and I are really so hardworking in making their assesment in able to pass the job training and be more active in any ways. The hardets part of the job was at the final assesment training that we are not able to inform that we are about to have the very last and final job training assesment and luckily i was being active i learn and be so active about all the assesment training and with this on the actual hands on that we took our very firs conversation of customers i was able to manage it and help solve their problem. Most enjoyable part of the job is when i solved and help customers/clients need.
Okay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lake Mary FloridaApril 21, 2015
It was great at times when you got the help you needed. But you had to be a quick learner. They throw so much of you at a time and its hard to pick up.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries