Convergys
4,034 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

Just another Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arnold, MOMarch 31, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: See above
Nothing special here.

People responded to mail ads for free I Phones to find out that the phone may be free but the service plan was not.

Seemed to be more bait and switch with little real value overall.
Not a horrible place to work
Inbound customer service and sales calls (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 31, 2015
Pros: sales incentives contests benefits
Cons: business needs of clients are unconventional leaves little room for home and life balance
As long as show that you care for your job as well as keeping open communication with your team lead, the company will try harder to keep you as an employee...
horrible place to work
Home - DIRECTV Technical Service Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: none
attendance policy is ridiculous, you get points for system outages that are not your fault, they over-work by offering overtime and starting you at $9/hr, knowing full well that $9/hr is not any type of monetary compensation that you can live on, they promise monthly incentives but you never see it, management is incompetent, you have a new team leader every other month, so you never really get to know anyone, you're nothing but a number, you have to have perfect attendance for 6months to get a decent raise, how can anyone have perfect attendance for six months, i got separated from Convergys after i came back from hospital with a doctors note to cover my absence. Just ridiculous, Highly Stressful place to work
A productive working environment
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioMarch 31, 2015
Fast paced work environment, processing and screening qualified applicants, who have the propensity to be good work at home reps
Great Pay/ And benefits
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great pay, company bought lunches on special occcausions, bonus every month, great lunch break one hour
Cons: hours are not flexibable, loud working area
Everyday as a call center we took inbound calls from customers and help assist them with their bills, promoting our newest features added to the company. I've learned a lot of sales techniques as far as listening to the customers wants and also listening to the needs. The hardest part of working here is that getting sales in order to meet your goal for the week as well as selling to customers and talking them into the product we are selling. But most importantly the job is very relaxing because you get to sit down and stretch throughout the day and help customers.
Good for first two weeks until nesting started.
Full-time Billing CSR (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 30, 2015
Pros: free DTV, good hours, good benefits
Cons: breaks very short
Trainers and coaches were great. The nesting Team leader kept saying how easy going she was, but then would flame on us in email and verbal feedback. When some of us had ISP issues with their Avaya phone system. we were told to resign. Did not back us as they said they would. Turned very cold by third week.
Not training friendly
custimer service rep (Former Employee), jacksonville, flMarch 30, 2015
Pros: nice enviroment, good managers
Cons: did not get the correct training
Leaned to navigate with 12 systems for uverse and land line accts
training classes were often interrupted by other individuals n ot adherring to company rules..
training enviroment very laid back..
once training was over, was transferred to sales floor, was not fully trained on some of the factors needed to fullfil ajenda
Communication skills
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Harker Heights, TXMarch 30, 2015
Must have very good communication skills, quick to learning the systems that they have available, and be able to sit for long periods of time.
Typical call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2015
Convergy's is the typical call center that as long as your stats are good you pretty much keep your job. Favoritism was shown at times throughout the company and less qualified employees were promoted before the ones that really deserved it.
I enjoyed the other employees but the management was horrible.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 30, 2015
There was never anywhere to sit and the equipment was in poor working condition and the dust was about an inch thick. Computer system was down more than it was up. Training was inadequate at best. The OJT was a joke. There was never any Team Leaders available for help and when you did find someone they were curt and acted like you were bothering them. The hardest part of the job was meeting all 7 metrics at the same time along with the unacceptable work environment. The workplace was dirty and the air quality horrible. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and the compliments they gave me.

This call center is located in Tucson, AZ.
ajob
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 29, 2015
A JOB THAT PAYS THEBILLS BUT NO VACATION NO SICK LEAVE NOTHING SOME MANAGERS CARE OTHERS DONT SEEMS LIKE SOME ARE OUT TO FIRE YOU
customer service representative (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 29, 2015
Learned about the company Directv and specific programming packages. The over all environment had activities for teams. Also provided time to improve on an individual level with weekly meetings with the supervisors.
n
Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2015
a typical day at work with me is great.. I like to work and to do my work.My coworkers enjoy me because i am a fun person to be around.
Professional Work Place with a lounge area to relax when given breaks
Listener Care Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Hosted events on holidays
Cons: Benefits were too much
A typical day at work would be coming in, heading to work station area and start answering phones concerning transferring radio service from old car to new car , I learned how to slow myself down when speaking to customers because most of our inbound calls were from elderly customers, Management was not as organized because if I were to put a request of anything such as new headset , login information not working, etc. I would have to keep requesting until I made sure I got it in that instant, there as no hard part of the job and most enjoyable part of the job was during break-time everyone gets together in the lounge area and has a god 10 minute break .
not the best
Customer Serivce on phone (Current Employee), salt lake city, utMarch 27, 2015
it an okay job they did want to give mine wedding off at the time when I put it in 3 months a head and plus I told them the day they interviewed me
Worst job I've ever had.
DirecTV Ace 2.0 Agent (Former Employee), ChattanoogaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Sometimes they pass out free food?
Cons: Terrible management, no schedule flexibility at all, unwilling to accommodate school schedules or family lives, mandatory overtime with no warning, schedules change with no warning, not enough pay for the job
Stay far away! This is the worst job I've ever had by a country mile, and that's coming from someone who's spent years in fast food and retail as well. The management is a joke, you can never get straight answers on procedures because it varies from one manager to another, it's very difficult to advance unless you're sleeping with the right person, and HR is a sham. I've seen racist and overtly "adult" remarks get reported and the person who did the reporting get written up by the end of it, while the person doing the harassing got off without so much as a slap on the wrist. The job itself is miserable: you get screamed at and cussed out, and you're naturally expected to still bend over backwards, even if it means wrecking your own sales numbers (which you then get in trouble for!). It's a disaster trying to find a desk with a working computer and headset, and once you do, you can expect to be forced to move at some point during your shift so that a supervisor's favorite can have "their" spot. Micro-managed to the minute (literally). They also have no respect whatsoever for furthering education and refuse to give any flexibility AT ALL with your schedule - I needed one 3-hour time period on Friday mornings guaranteed off so I could attend ONE class, and was told absolutely not. Your schedule also can change at the drop of a hat; I've literally seen schedules change an hour before the shift was supposed to start.
Really Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Overtime Available
Cons: Short breaks and Poor Leadership/ Poor Pay
There are managers that work their and that do drugs and that the managers do not care for their employees. There is no leadership skills and that there is no appreciation for employees. There is not enough coaching and productivity.
Enjoyable job that I enjoy going to everyday.
Customer Service Rep & Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2015
An typical at work would be taking inbound phone calls, making every customer satisfied. I learned how to make sales, take collections etc. Management were very grateful and helpful. Co-workers were great team players. There were no hard parts of the job I tasks. My most enjoyable of the job making every customer satisfied and happy for them to keep them coming back.
Busy company
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 26, 2015
Training was done very well, sales goals were set at a very reachable level, customers were just unhappy with company, so it made it difficult to listen to customers yell and me. Overall, a nice company to work for if you want a call center job.
love
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 26, 2015
I loved working here everyone was so nice there is still an older lady that asks my mom about me every chance she get very home some place

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more

Convergys Salaries