Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 6,455 reviews matching the search
Great First Time Job
Sr. Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2017
This job was a great place to go to work when re-entering the work force. Hours were flexible, training was good, the project I worked on was fun and easy.
productive and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 22, 2017
assisting customers pitching sales great work environment needs more experienced management longer breaks and better work incentives more support as well
Pros
pay
Cons
fired for anything
good workplace
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 22, 2017
this was a good company to work for. there was always someone there to encourage you to keep up the good work. alot of support from the staff, wish they wouldnt have closed really good job to have .
The job is exactly what you make out of it.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2017
With every call center, there will be good and bad. At CONVERGYS, it's really easy to get caught up in negativity which is the gateway to an unfulfilling time. I remain cordial with everyone, but keep to myself and it's the best job I've ever had. If you want an opportunity, CONVERGYS will give it to you. They truly believe in promoting from within as coaching is the foundation of operations.
Pros
Stable employment, point based attendance system, quickly grow within the company
Cons
Benefits with coinsurance as opposed to typical copays
Cool place to work, can be stressful, coworkers become family
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 21, 2017
You go through an 11 week training program to get you ready for the sales floor which is super helpful. The management could be kind of scrambled at times and when you needed assistance, they weren't always there to help you make the sale. They have a nice breakroom area with ping pong tables and a small "cafe" of sorts which was nice. Be prepared for a random schedule, as it can flip flop on you at times but overtime is always nice! All in all, not a bad place, you just need good customer service skills and lots of patience with the mean customers who can come across the phone daily but you have to look past that and not carry your work home with you! If you just follow as you are told to do you can earn good money and make new friends at Convergys.
Pros
Good daily incentive programs, friendly coworkers and supervisors!
Cons
Very strict call flow, rude customers
Great environment
Billing agent (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Paceful work environment . Fun and productive place. . great for gaining customer service experience. . great job opportunity and flexible schedules. .
workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Decent place to work, just have to deal with a lot. For the most part the management is helpful in answering questions. Very laid back work environment. If you are going to work here, just know how to manage your time. Can be very fast paced.
N/a
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOJanuary 21, 2017
Try out and an be part of a great team. You will enjoy the friendly and welcoming environment who is always willing to help.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2017
This was a 24/7/365 job. I just wish they had more of a balanced work/life situation. The people I worked with as well as my immediate supervisors were great.
Pros
always something new to learn
Cons
pay differentials made it hard to keep up with your pay when you switch shifts with someone
Convergys
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 20, 2017
Convergys is a call center for DirecTV they have a lot of employees however they do not care about the health of their employees all they care about is their customers and the money that they can pull in which is wrong because without the employees they would not be pulling any money
for college students
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2017
schedule should be more conforming to adults.the environment is to hectic, not enough benefits to offer.like a college campus
Pros
great pay and overtime
Cons
nasty enviroment and superiors
Not worth the pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 20, 2017
Horrible management team, unprofessional, bad communication, not resourceful, no work attire enforced, training is lengthy not learning anything.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOJanuary 19, 2017
Convergys is constantly changing the commission structure which makes it difficult to budget their money. They do a poor job of training and I have no desire to ever work there again.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Many
convergys
Customer Service/ Coach (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 19, 2017
This company makes you feel like you can be replaced in a heartbeat, the pay is horrible, the management is one of the worse I have ever worked with.I would rather be homeless than ever work for this company again.
It's a job and that's it
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAJanuary 19, 2017
If you need a place to work, they'll hire anyone. I loved this company when it was Stream, before it became Convergys. Now all they care about is making sure there is someone in the chair to take the call. Benefits are terrible. Insurance is outrageous and a joke. They'll lie and promise you whatever just to get you hired to meet a contract quota. Half of the time, they change bonuses so you won't even get them or they'll make up some excuse as to why you didn't qualify for the bonus and/or incentive that quarter/month. They will string you along, telling you they want to promote you and want better for you. However, when the time comes, no promotion and it's given to someone who "hangs" out with the boss or is attached to their hip, rather than the person who actually deserves the job and has worked hard for it. Basically, don't waste your time unless you're in desperate need of a job and don't care about getting lied to or stepped on. Terrible company and they lose all of their good or tenured employees due to lack of actually caring about anyone but themselves.
Pros
A lot of coworkers
Cons
Everything else
work from home
Healthcare agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 19, 2017
pretty easy and laid back but management was not too good, they were unorganized and didn't know what was going on half the time. The trainer couldn't figure out how to get me into my systems the first day of production.
Productive and enjoyable if you end up with the right team leader.
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I loved it and really felt like i could advance but my team lead wasn't too friendly. Felt like she discriminated against most of her team. She was very rude and did not like to help or coach me to be a better sales agent, not that i had any problems. She did not like taking escalations from customers either. I really wanted to help my customers to the best of my ability, but i felt my team lead did not want to help and solve their problems.
It was ok
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, DRJanuary 19, 2017
They can work better on their management skills and have better benefits for the employees, the company needs to appreciate the value of the employee because they are the foundation of the company.
Pros
lunch subsidy
Cons
management
Friendly and helpful work place.
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2017
I worked with the saves department, my job was to convince customers to stay with the company. I enjoyed doing so because it gave me a since of pride knowing that I helped someone better their service and make a good decision. I learned patience, and empathy working for convergys by understanding and finding a solution for customers problems.
Typical
Billing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 19, 2017
Convergys was a call center that made it a little difficult to be able to get an advancement into the company if you wanted to move up the ladder. Breaks and lunches were very strict on time.
Cons
short breaks, limited time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.